For the gents: would you wear a skirt?

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by iluvmm2, Apr 11, 2009.

1. iluvmm2

iluvmm2 New Member

This is something that came to my mind today. It was a very hot day today and my family and I went for a picnic. I was wearing shorts and the sweat would make the fabric get all sticky around my legs --i wear minimal underwear :wink:... I saw one of my very young nieces running up and down with her miniskirt and seemed to be so happy. I thought "I wish I had a miniskirt that would allow me all that freedom and comfort".

Now, this is not a gay issue. I don't want to be a woman. Not in the very least, I pretty much enjoy being a man. If you want to change the question to a kilt, go ahead but I'd like to hear other people's opinions on a piece of outfit that in the western world has been restricted to women's use only.

What would the advantages/disadvantages be?
    Where would you wear them?
    Would you have a favorite style?

I think a major advantage is that those of us with nice legs would be able to show off. A disadvantage might be... mmm... trying to pee maybe?

I'd wear them in hot days like today and longer ones in other occasions.

I'm not sure about styles but I don't think I'd wear them with a thong (as much as I love them) but rather with short boxers (it would be something like what female tennis players wear).

I've worn sarongs on the beach, especially when I've been tanning with a thong and I need to go around --I mean, if I need to go back to my room I don't need to show everybody my butt --not always hehe. That feeling was nice, I guess like wearing a bathrobe or something.

I'd definitely go for a skirt if it wasn't so much gender-biased. I hope by the end of the XXI C it will be something normal.

2. vergax

vergax Member

Albums:
    i had given this a thought for years, i would wear skirts in a manly way.
    Some years ago men wore them for winter, specially scandinavian friends, and it looks so cool!

We men are too restricted in dressing choices and I would definitely wear some type of skirts, i might have to design them, maybe.

3. hoggindaz

hoggindaz New Member

i think that women wear skirts because they can comfortably cross their legs when sitting down, otherwise a man who was wearing one would be showing whatever underwear he was wearing.

4. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 New Member

New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
    I can think of someone you could talk to but I'm not outing him unless he decides to fess up himself.

5. Principessa

Gold Member

FWIW: Little girls have to be taught to sit properly, with their knees together when wearing a skirt or dress. Apparently it's not something that comes naturally, with a vagina. There have been a few kilt threads and while some men look great in them others really should remain covered. :tongue:

Nope, I wear skirts because I have a 34" inseam and it's hard to find dress pants which fit me properly for under $100. :irked: Heck, it's only in the last 15 years or so that womens jeans have come long enough in stores. I could always find jeans in catalogs but not always in a retail establishment.

6. Bbucko

Gold Member

Albums:
    There was a time in the mid-80s (when I was in my mid-20s) that all varieties of kilts were very popular, worn with big boots, at nightclubs (think the whole Dead or Alive/Smiths thing). Jean-Paul Gaultier popularized the look. One of my faves was a tight stretchy jersey tank top that ran down to my knees (with no underwear, natch) that left nothing to anyone's imagination.

That was then. Today the only place I see kilts being worn is at leather/uniform bars. Though I still have the legs for it, that's one piece of fetishwear I'm sure I'll never wear.

7. D_Martin van Burden

D_Martin van Burden Account Disabled

I would give it a shot, but that's just because I feel comfortable wearing some alternative fashions. I think I would like it most of all for the added ventilation to my dick and balls. Beyond that, I don't see a problem with it. Women have been wearing jeans and pants for a very long time. I highly doubt men want the right to wear skirts with patterns and prints and flowers and shit like that, but rather a comfortable garment that allows their legs a little more freedom.

8. Nucklez

Nucklez New Member

dude - kilt all the way!

9. D_Saleth Scruffytrim

Idk. What do you guys think? Should i try one out? Lol.

10. killerb

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    me? wear a skirt? naw...not for me...

11. parchissi

Gold Member

An interesting topic. Living in the South Pacific all my life (now

12. parchissi

Gold Member

opps - sorry about the above!!)
    An interesting topic. Living in the South Pacific all my life (now living in Australia) I have worn a lava lava (whcih is a Polynesian wrap around worn by both male/female) all my adult life. Easy to put on/take off - handy to have if your nude and you need to cover up in a hurry - similar to a sarong from other cultures. Try wearing one - 1 1/2 metres of material is all you need and presto - an instant skirt!!

13. D_Rawkesbye Deadheade

Heck no! Why? Cause I'd look damn silly in a skirt. Some guys might be able to pull it off but I'm certainly not one of them.

14. D_Jared Padalicki

D_Jared Padalicki Account Disabled

Hmmm, a kilt can be cool and nice fresh for the balls, but a skirt... Nope, would be weird and admit, a skirt is just perfect for the womans body! Perfect for their curves! Nono, skirts for women and pants for men (of course are women allowed to wear pants too :rolleyes:)

15. Torque8

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Have a couple of sarongs from Thailand that I'll wear around the pool as a coverup, but that's as far as I'll go.

16. swedish fish88

Albums:
    Maybe a kilt. In Scotland. I bet it would feel good to have that breeze on your balls on hot summer day.

17. nudeyorker

Gold Member

I have a kilt that I bought to wear as a groomsman at a wedding in Scotland. Subsequently I have worn it on St. Patrick's Day and to a party that I go to every year on the day of the NY Marathon. I wear a sarong around the house and when I'm in Hawaii. Both are very comfortable. There was a story about this in the NY Times about 15 years ago about why skirts always fail when designers try to market them for men. The jist was simply that most men are too insecure because of the stereotype of a man wearing a skirt.

18. D_Guy Zandolls

D_Guy Zandolls Account Disabled

i'd pretend 2 b scottish for a fantasy and i would maybe go out clubbing with a kilt on and no underwear ;)

19. Gillette

Gold Member

Albums:
    If it's the comfort and ventilation you're looking for why not just go with the kilt? They don't have to be tartan. Utilikilt offers some made in denim, canvas, leather and even some you could use with a tux.

If it's for the fashion options...you know how you love manfully bounding up the stairs two at a time? Kiss that goodbye. If it's not snug enough to restrict you to smaller strides or short and loose enough to flash whatever you are or are not wearing underneath it it will be long enough for you to trip on the hem.

Happy shopping!
    Suppliers of Kilts and Other MUGs

InstaKilt | It's not just a kilt towel, it's pure dead brilliant (yes, it's a towel)

20. Gillette

Gold Member

Albums:
    Is it the stereotype that bothers them or is it the fact that their legs will be exposed to the same scrutiny, judgement and comments that women's are in skirts?

Man cankles!
    Heaven forbid!

Draft saved Draft deleted