For the gents: would you wear a skirt?

Viking_UK

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I wear my kilt pretty often, but it's just too hot for summer wear. I've got a sarong that I sometimes wear on the beach, but I don't think you'd ever catch me wearing it in town.

D_Jerry_Atric

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
No I would not. I have no desire to wear women's clothing like a skirt.

As far as kilts for men go like an authentic Scots kilt, even though I'm descended from one of those clans I wouldn't wear it.

The same goes for the designer Utilikilts that get sold. Same with a sarong.

B_Castello

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I dont know if if counts, I did ware a jebba few time (marriage) and it's very confortable. It look like this:

Photo+007.jpg

bjg30318

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Although I'm late to this thread, I can tell you NO don't wear a "skirt". However, being of scottish descent (3rd generation) WE (the men) wear kilts ALOT. I personally have seven hanging in my closet. We have formal kilts, for big clan (family) gatherings like weddings, major clan celebrations, and funerals. I also have kilts for such things as the local highland games or other scottish festivals. I also have a few that are referred to as Utili-kilts, made out of heavy khaki or canvas material that can be worn every day. Underneath all these garments I am regimental (the Scottish tradition).

My late "Grampy" never wore pants, he was always in a kilt. In Bar Harbor, ME, he was embraced as someone that clung to his heritage and encouraged it in his family. Grampy was even bigger than me, having been born in Scotland, and escaped the US practice of routine circumcision. Sometimes I wonder how big I would have gotten had I not been circumcised, given the obstacles I deal with now I'm kinda glad I got cut. There was a rumor going around that Grampy had a "soft ruler". Good thing his kilt went to the middle of his knees.

paneros

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Well, like many here, I agree that a kilt is very comfortable, though I've only worn one on rare occasions.

I think it's crazy that we are so conditioned by current fashion and societal norms that skirts - of some sort - are not widely acceptable as menswear, partciularly as they are so comfortable. In fact, ignoring entirely what we think they look like on men - which is mostly only a conditioned norm, and we'd all get so used to seeing them if we started wearing them we wouldn't even find it strange after a while - it's amazing that they HAVEN'T become more popular, as they're much more comfortable for the male anatomy than trousers, which, like a small hotel, often have no ballroom.
Skirts/kilts ALWAYS have unrestricted space for the boys, and it's so comfortable (not to mention healthy for sperm count) to hang freely that I think that skirts, as an item of clothing, offer MORE in terms of comfort to men than they do to women - although they look great on women!.

We are missing out on serious comfort by not having them as part of our clothing options.

At other times in history and in different cultures men wearing skirts was wodespread and perfectly acceptable - Rome, Greece. Even currently, there are the long skirts (longhis) worn by many men in India, and a similar garment worn in Middle Eastern countries.

So I'm pondering ..... what is the real reason that the idea of men wearing skirts is so hard for us to accept in the West? When did skirts become associated as an item of clothing ONLY for women, so that for a man to wear one in our culture now would be seen seen as either undermining his masculinity, or as a joke (like stag parties where the men dress as nuns)?

To me it seems to be just a historical thing... we haven't seen men in skirts in the west for hundreds of years, and now the skirt is so deeply associated
in our heads with women that it will take major effort to overcome this arbitrary association.

Yes, I would like if skirts were accepted as a male item of clothing also, and yes, I'd wear one some of the time if they were - but, at the moment, it wouldn't be worth it for the amount of slagging I'd encounter!
(Roll on, Aquarian Age, where everyone wears whatever they feel like at any time - or nothing - and no-one bats an eyelid!)

Niss87Maxx

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I love females, but not in any kind of sexual way. Not attracted to men that think that they are females or act like females, not into female clothes at all. Love being a man and am attracted to masculine manly men only. Just my personal attraction. I judge no one. To each his own.