For the guys, Would you be an in open relationship?

Hi guys, Would you be in an open relationship?

• Total voters

EdWoody

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I already am.

It's a conclusion we came to over the course of our relationship. We've had unending numbers of threeways, attended group events together, and so on.

But also, we understand that we each have certain interests the other doesn't share. So we're free to explore those interests on our own outside the relationship as long as we're safe and discreet.

We've been together 15 years now, and we know each other well enough to know that we're coming home to each other at the end of the day, no matter what else happens.

mitchymo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I REALLY would'nt want to be but maybe i could if i fell for a bi guy who felt he needed to be free to settle down with a woman if the right one came along, i don't really no so i opted for not sure.

Countryguy63

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
It's not easy at all, but what relationship is? I know quite a few people that are in an open relationship. From what I have been told, and from my experience, the most important aspect is making your "mate" the most important person, #1 no doubts.
If the trust and understanding is there, it can add to an already great relationship. In fact, I've often thought that a successful open relationship is more honest than most.

by the way Mr. Red, I notice you're not one of the votes???:cool: :biggrin1:

It's not easy at all, but what relationship is? I know quite a few people that are in an open relationship. From what I have been told, and from my experience, the most important aspect is making your "mate" the most important person, #1 no doubts.
If the trust and understanding is there, it can add to an already great relationship. In fact, I've often thought that a successful open relationship is more honest than most.

I agree. I think this is true and I would like to think I'd be open to it. Not having been in the position I can't be sure but I don't see it as a problem and never have.

BigDallasDick8x6

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I've been in monogamous, semi-open (always together) and totally open relationships. Although I tend to think of my totally open relationships as less of a relationship than the monog or 3-way only relationships -- FOR ME. ymmv

Also, the totally open relationships can have so much drama. Fling, discovery, jealousy, killing the other guy, then making up with the BF. Fling, discovery, jealousy, killing the other guy, then making up with the BF. Fling, discovery, jealousy, killing the other guy, then making up with the BF. It gets to be a little much after a while.

Joseph

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
That's the issue over which my second relationship broke up. Me and she... bi... Problem was she wanted a 100% open relationship.

I wanted to go for a compromise.. I'd do it with guys and she with girls, but she'd be the only girl for me and I'd be the only guy for her... wasn't enough for her.

I would feel guilty doing it with another girl and I would feel uncomfortable if she did it with another guy, surely if I didn't know him.

So no... not for me.. I'm willing for group sex and perhaps some other stuff once in a while, but never a full 100% open relationship where anyone fucks whoever he/she wants, no...

EdWoody

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Also, the totally open relationships can have so much drama. Fling, discovery, jealousy, killing the other guy, then making up with the BF. Fling, discovery, jealousy, killing the other guy, then making up with the BF. Fling, discovery, jealousy, killing the other guy, then making up with the BF. It gets to be a little much after a while.

Because that's not an open relationship - that's just cheating. An open relationship is where you already know sex with other people is going to happen and have already dealt with all the issues in advance.

Countryguy63

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Because that's not an open relationship - that's just cheating. An open relationship is where you already know sex with other people is going to happen and have already dealt with all the issues in advance.

Exactly! A successful open relationship is handled with complete honesty. There is no "discovery". Jealousy can pop up just like in any relationship and is handled with open, honest communication.

If you don't like it, or can't handle it, congratulations. You are among the majority. An open relationship is not something that anyone should be forced, or sometimes even talked into. Too many hard feelings can pop up. It's either right for you, or it's not.

B_Bonky

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
sure, I do open relationships all the time. Don't ask, don't tell.

draw22

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I was in one for my first relatonship and honestly it was a effed up situation....1st him and his bf jeff was in a relationship..then he cheated...jeff didnt wanna lose him so they decided to have a open relationship. then steve got a (huaong) "boytoy" a viet guy from the docks, cant speak a lick of english and has some sort of disorder...then i came along and was cool, we had our threesomes and i met this huaong...but in the end, i despised the whole situation.!!! he was getting controllings and why was he having his cake and eatting it too? for wat reason, fuck yea i started sneaking around and fucking other guys because he was being extra selfish i deserved better!

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I was in one for my first relatonship and honestly it was a effed up situation....1st him and his bf jeff was in a relationship..then he cheated...jeff didnt wanna lose him so they decided to have a open relationship. then steve got a (huaong) "boytoy" a viet guy from the docks, cant speak a lick of english and has some sort of disorder...then i came along and was cool, we had our threesomes and i met this huaong...but in the end, i despised the whole situation.!!! he was getting controllings and why was he having his cake and eatting it too? for wat reason, fuck yea i started sneaking around and fucking other guys because he was being extra selfish i deserved better!

It was not an open relationship if one partner can 'step out' and the other(s) can't. It was a harem!

pomaz59

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
for me, if i'm in a relationship, that means that i'm in love and if i'm in love, i don't want to be with anybody else than my girlfriend.
so no, i will probably never be in an open relationship since i don't have the desire for it

MarkLondon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
No.

Going off-topic slightly, I have no interest in men in open relationships, not even for a one night stand. I don't mind a brief encounter with a single man but I'm not going to have a quickie with someone who's going home to their significant other - it would imply that I'm insignificant.

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I'd like to think I could, because Logic Brain is all for it. Unfortunately I have no idea how Lizard Brain would react if I were actually in that situation. I guess in the end I'd willing to give it a try, but would want to reassess my feelings later to make sure Lizard Brain was on board.