For the guys, Would you be an in open relationship?

Hi guys, Would you be in an open relationship?

• Total voters

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
No.

Going off-topic slightly, I have no interest in men in open relationships, not even for a one night stand. I don't mind a brief encounter with a single man but I'm not going to have a quickie with someone who's going home to their significant other - it would imply that I'm insignificant.

Maybe it just reflects profound differences in the way you and I approach sex, but I don't believe that being part of a limit-shattering and deeply resonant sexual encounter is dependent upon the marital/relationship status of the other party, provided the chemistry's brilliant at that specific moment.

Rather than insignificant, individual encounters (even if never repeated) can be invested with the power of a peak experience.

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Maybe it just reflects profound differences in the way you and I approach sex, but I don't believe that being part of a limit-shattering and deeply resonant sexual encounter is dependent upon the marital/relationship status of the other party, provided the chemistry's brilliant at that specific moment.

I am in 100% agreement with this. My most limit shattering and resonant sexual encounters have in fact been with someone who was not in a traditional relationship with me but was in an open relationship with another.

Last edited:

uberhund

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Yes, have been for 14 years, happily. All relationships have their rules, open and closed. I've known 'closed' relationships where there are rules about friendships outside the relationship: being buddies with exes and so on. Open relationships vary from only doing 3somes and group sex if the other person is there, to the one I have where we have fun on the side but don't bring anyone extra into our bed. It's whatever works for you.

Oh, and I love my partner as much as humanly possible. Every day.

spiritsong72

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
This has been said before in this thread but I thought I'd join in the chorus. An open relationship ONLY works if there is COMPLETE honesty about what each partner in the relationship can offer, withhold, and expects from the other person. And NO ONE should be brought into an open relationship kicking and screaming. If you have to convince your partner it's a good idea, it probably isn't.

For me, while monogamy would be the ideal I understand that neither I nor my ultimate partner are "ideal" people. Meaning, we're all human. We all have needs and desires. And sometimes those needs and desires simply cannot be fulfilled by the other person. Or sometimes there's a distance issue. Or a "if I don't fuck this person now I'll never get another chance" situation that rears its head. Or a plethora of other things that come up in a relationship we simply cannot forsee or plan for.

Sex and making love, as it's been said, are two COMPLETELY different animals. In a relationship, I want not only a physical connection to you but a spiritual one as well. If I am spiritually connected to you and have made a life with you and want to be with you for the long run, while I'd MUCH prefer us to be monogamous with each other, ultimately I don't care who we fuck outside the home as long as when the fucking's over, we come home to make love to each other.

alx

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
No! I want to devote myself to that one person, giving them something special that no one else can have. Like wise I'd expect exactly the same back.

EmJay

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
When we have been together for 10 years exclusively, it's open for honest discussion..before nope!

Last edited:

willow78

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Not interested. I want to give all my love and affection to one person and I want him to give all his love and affection to me. I'm sure that seems terribly old-fashioned but I don't care. Sex for me will be something very intimate and I'd be too emotional to ever have casual NSA sex. It works for a lot of people but it's not for me.