For the love of all things good in the world....

Yorkie

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I wish you would either stop posting or offer an actual thought in your posts, rather than your one-lined, pointless blather that you keep posting. There is no prize if you get to 10,000, postwhore.

And now I feel better.:rolleyes:

(Btw, some might call me a hypocrite, but I NEVER had 150+ posts a day, except for one time, and that was a challenge from Rawbone):smile:

And no, it's not hurting anyone... it's just fucking annoying.
You're on a lost cause Jeff, you're early post in the thriving thread of the postwhores proves it.

http://www.lpsg.org/54427-count-up-to-25-000-a.html#post893550

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
I think rather than out someone in a thread. Wouldnt it have been better(or at least show more class) to P.M. them in private ?

I think what people aren't realizing is that I haven't said a name. There is no 'outing' persay. Yes, one can figure it out if they look. I'm just offering a suggestion which they can ignore if they wish (they have). It's just my attempt to tidy the place up.

As for NJQT's comment about not taking me seriously.... I've been here for 2 years. I've also posted some heartfelt comments as well as some posts that have a hint of intellectual stuff. I was still at 2000 by my third month, thanks.:smile:

dannymawg

Experimental Member
Media
Jeff can actually interact and make relevant comments on a topic, instead of the empty blather he's referring to. Unlike most of the newer membership, apparently.

I really hate to say this, but I'm super annoyed that I post what I think are interesting, discussable topics (sex vernacular en espanol, smokes the new hanky code?) and they fall on their face for banal discussion on TV shows or the finer points of who can be called an American. Or worse, the wholly uninteresting topic of the moderators and their banning practices. Ye gods - give it a rest.

Am I doing something wrong? Are these topics really too over the heads of everybody to make even an attempt? I mean c'mon - I really don't want to dis the fun aspect of things, but the intellect that attracted me to this site has vaporized. Very disappointing.

D_Prudence_Admonition_Drightits

Experimental Member
Media
I think rather than out someone in a thread. Wouldnt it have been better(or at least show more class) to P.M. them in private ?

Uncut, as I always say- I LIKE YOUR STYLE. It is annoying when people can't privately discuss their gripes like sensible adults and feel they have to air dirty laundry on any public site. Feels like a school yard "he said, she said" conversation.

I enjoy the fun thread the most, but have contributed to the Fiction section, blogs, and answered other questions in the Forum that were of interest or I felt I had enough knowledge to share.

In the past, I was not given the time of day from most of the members here when I posted in some of the discussion forums. Some either said rude comments, called me a fake, or just pretended my thoughts did not exist.
Then of course there are those that or so tightly wound, they seem to show some "superiority complex" at what other may be posting.

It was actually in the "Funny Stuff" where I found some members who were laid back, cordial, and willing to allow me to participate. I have actually made some good friends there that I will continue to correspond with personally; and it is most of these people that are thoughtful enough to post comments on my blogs and help me construct my ideas...without dissing me or making me feel of belittled.

And to those that grip about how many times a person post a day- WHEN DO YOU FIND THE TIME TO SEE HOW MANY TIMES A PERSON POSTS A DAY? That is like telling someone how many times they should masturbate each day. Come on now get real! Which one doesn't have a life- the person having fun posting or the one trying to do the statistics?

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
I can think of a few people this would be directed at. But it's got me stumped to whom it's actually directed at. Jeff fill me in bro.

And when you are done filling her in you should tell her who the thread is addressed to. :tongue:

FWIW here my 2c (or, converting euro cent to dollar cent - my 3c :tongue:) - I do a fair amount of trivial posting, probably about 50% of what I post is content free, so maybe I have no placing giving out about this at all. The only thing that really bugs me about a lot of the no content shit going on at the moment is that it fills up the Latest Posts side bar and I use that quite heavily to navigate. Other than that I think it is reasonably easily avoided - it is aparent which threads this is happening in, there probably are too many of them but once identified they are easily avoided and really, is it that much hassle to click on page 2 of etc and run your eye down the page? Are we really that time hungry that that's a big honking deal?

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Then of course there are those that or so tightly wound, they seem to show some "superiority complex" at what others may be posting.

What a great thought. These are the ones that bother me the most.

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
Personally, I hope that this is a site where JB has as much right to start this thread in his moderated manner as the world's most fucked up fucks have the right to post.

This is the world that we live in, no?

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Personally, I hope that this is a site where JB has as much right to start this thread in his moderated manner as the world's most fucked up fucks have the right to post.

I agree. I see nothing wrong with this thread. It's funny how you think for a second that it might be about you. I think it's one of two people, but I may be wrong.

B_Think_Kink

Sexy Member
Media
And when you are done filling her in you should tell her who the thread is addressed to. :tongue:

FWIW here my 2c (or, converting euro cent to dollar cent - my 3c :tongue:) - I do a fair amount of trivial posting, probably about 50% of what I post is content free, so maybe I have no placing giving out about this at all. The only thing that really bugs me about a lot of the no content shit going on at the moment is that it fills up the Latest Posts side bar and I use that quite heavily to navigate. Other than that I think it is reasonably easily avoided - it is aparent which threads this is happening in, there probably are too many of them but once identified they are easily avoided and really, is it that much hassle to click on page 2 of etc and run your eye down the page? Are we really that time hungry that that's a big honking deal?
I've been doubly filled in.. it feels nice, I'll say that much..

The poster in which this thread is aimed at.. deserves this post.

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm not discounting the evolution of this website, but those of us who have "been around a while" remember that it started as a fun and intellectual place to hang out, and that the name was actually a joke that had little to do with the content.

That's why some of us chuckle and roll our eyes when someone mentions that we are discussing real issues on a big dick site.

And also why some of us get a little annoyed when people confuse this site with Rate-A-Rod dot com.

Exactly.

This is merely a suggestion as well. Cut back on posting and enjoy the site rather than adding more shit to the pile. (man, I'm all about the Poo references today):tongue:

I am by no means a long time member like the two of you, but I have a respect for the both of you and your current view of forum affairs.

In just my short time here, I have seen a swiftly increasing lack of substance and an even more increasing lack of fun and humor. I just took three days off from looking at the board. I logged back in this morning and there was maybe 3 or 4 topics I even felt worht the time to pay attention to and post to.

When I first joined, if you took a day away, you had tons to catch up on from the days you were gone.

It's kind of depressing that there isn't that much to really get excited about, but as Mr. Stelesvyle said, it is a free board.

Whether you like the content or not, you have to agree that 148 posts in just 3 hours is ridiculous.

HOLY CRAP!!! That is a bit much.

D_Tintagel_Demondong

Sexy Member
Media
In just my short time here, I have seen a swiftly increasing lack of substance and an even more increasing lack of fun and humor. I just took three days off from looking at the board. I logged back in this morning and there was maybe 3 or 4 topics I even felt worht the time to pay attention to and post to.

When I first joined, if you took a day away, you had tons to catch up on from the days you were gone.

So, what can be done about this problem? It seems that many kiddies have joined this site in the past half year. This site got a a higher Google Pagerank a few months back, and I believe that's where the influx came from. These newbies seem determined to turn this site into MySpace and fill it with uninspired nonsense. As Rugbypup showed in this thread, you could get mocked if you dare post anything meaningful or intelligent. Maybe HotMilf is right and we should keep to our own corner of LPSG, or even create another site altogether.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I am by no means a long time member like the two of you, but I have a respect for the both of you and your current view of forum affairs.

It's kind of depressing that there isn't that much to really get excited about, but as Mr. Stelesvyle said, it is a free board.
And we have nursed the board through some growing pains. That's one of the reasons that some of us don't just let some of it pass with an "oh, well..."

And yes, it is a free board. But that works both ways. If a few are trying to rack up their post count (for whatever reason?!?) by having 4 consecutive posts that are nothing more than a colon-closed parenthesis emoticon, a lol, a smiley-face, and another lol, others of us have the right (or even duty) to take them to task for it. Yes, the board evolves, and the general timbre changes, but that's no reason to let disruptive influences go unchecked. This isn't FaceBook or MySpace or RateARod. Long-standing members don't have any more or any less "rights" on this forum; by the same token, though, we don't have to sit idly by when a person here for a few days or weeks or months decides that LPSG will, by god, change to suit them, and those who have been here 3 or 4 or more years accept it or leave.

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
So, what can be done about this problem? It seems that many kiddies have joined this site in the past half year. This site got a a higher Google Pagerank a few months back, and I believe that's where the influx came from. These newbies seem determined to turn this site into MySpace and fill it with uninspired nonsense. As Rugbypup showed in this thread, you could get mocked if you dare post anything meaningful or intelligent. Maybe HotMilf is right and we should keep to our own corner of LPSG, or even create another site altogether.

I don't think that last one there is going to work - just an inkling I have.

I also don't think an invitation only area or a long serving members area is going to work - because all the decent posts with interesting content will end up in there and new people who come here will just see the MySpace style chatter and they won't stick around for that. Unless we have the separate forum as read only for the unchosen, in which case they'll think we are a bunch of elitist eejits.

Really the only way to get back some decent content is for each of us who give a shit to keep trying to post what we think is reasonable, interesting content - and taking the time to reply when we see it.