For The Record (re: Stereotypes In "have You Docked A Guy" Thread)

englad

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Obviously, I couldn't answer in that thread, but I saw the fuckery from the sidelines and thought I'd check off the stereotype list given.

"There is no such thing as a masculine gay or bi male", ummm, well if he knew anything much about the gay community, he would know that femmephobia is quite common and the appearance of masculinity is very popular. As for myself, well I'm 6'2" and my voice is deeper than Nina Simone's after she'd spent a weekend shouting over loud music and smoking too much. The only time I ever have dressed in drag was at a Halloween party, the date was appropriate considering the result.

So time to answer the checklist:

Rich = I am a freelancer in a pandemic. Oops, failed that one.

Into fancy resorts and restaurants = well, I am vaguely tempted by this expensive wellness place, maybe I'll pop by it and repeat that every 6 months, definitely not into expensive hotels though, I keep it cheap and cheerful. As for restaurants? What is fancy? I like well cooked food in loads of different cuisines, and especially love a bit of spice. If you mean "haute-cuisine", teeny portions of extremely overpriced food on ridiculously large plates? Nope.

wearing nothing but pink booty shorts = I've never owned pink booty shorts, it saddens me that I'm failing so miserably at this.

combat boots = Never owned a pair of these, but I did have a pair of hiking boots, which sadly aren't customised for the arduous nature of pub crawling in a large city.

despise the catholic church = OK, finally I get to tick one column!!! Despise is probably a little strong, I don't expend enough energy on the topic, but at the same time, I'm not a major fan of organisations that think I'm evil.

support gun control or really anything in the Biden agenda = Politics is strictly forbidden. I'm a lot more left wing than Biden. Tick.

not having children with eight different women = Well, oddly enough, no I don't.

not liking backpacking = I LOVE BACKPACKING! I've even been on tiny dirt roads in places the FCO advised against in my more foolhardy days.

not liking muscle cars = a car is a metal box that gets me from A to B. My need for speed was shattered by my experience of driving over 90 mph in a Fiat Seicento. The steering wheel shook! :scream:

not liking power tools = well, I generally stick to hammers and spanners. Have drilled the odd hole in the wall, does that count?

liking cooking = got me there! You can barely keep me out of the kitchen.

liking gardening = um nope, I only see the point in growing things that either taste delicious or get me high.

cooking frou frou fusion dishes = I have no idea what these are, Kobe Boeuf Bourgignon with Red Ginger and the most expensive Burgundy you can find? Well, I sometimes mix Thai and Indian spices in the same dish, and I've lobbed a chili into a cottage pie before, that's as close as I get to fusion. The frou frou component will have to remain a mystery.

not cooking hearty stews and roasts = well, I love cooking these, but peeling potatoes is a pain. So I cook other things when I can't be arsed to do that. I also like cooking curries that will clear the sinuses for a week.

Does this mean that I have to officially hand in the gay card that Dorothy personally awarded me years ago?

Call_Me_Dave

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Obviously, I couldn't answer in that thread, but I saw the fuckery from the sidelines and thought I'd check off the stereotype list given.

"There is no such thing as a masculine gay or bi male", ummm, well if he knew anything much about the gay community, he would know that femmephobia is quite common and the appearance of masculinity is very popular. As for myself, well I'm 6'2" and my voice is deeper than Nina Simone's after she'd spent a weekend shouting over loud music and smoking too much. The only time I ever have dressed in drag was at a Halloween party, the date was appropriate considering the result.

Into fancy resorts and restaurants = well, I am vaguely tempted by this expensive wellness place, maybe I'll pop by it and repeat that every 6 months, definitely not into expensive hotels though, I keep it cheap and cheerful. As for restaurants? What is fancy? I like well cooked food in loads of different cuisines, and especially love a bit of spice. If you mean "haute-cuisine", teeny portions of extremely overpriced food on ridiculously large plates? Nope.

wearing nothing but pink booty shorts = I've never owned pink booty shorts, it saddens me that I'm failing so miserably at this.

combat boots = Never owned a pair of these, but I did have a pair of hiking boots, which sadly aren't customised for the arduous nature of pub crawling in a large city.

despise the catholic church = OK, finally I get to tick one column!!! Despise is probably a little strong, I don't expend enough energy on the topic, but at the same time, I'm not a major fan of organisations that think I'm evil.

support gun control or really anything in the Biden agenda = Politics is strictly forbidden. I'm a lot more left wing than Biden. Tick.

not having children with eight different women = Well, oddly enough, no I don't.

not liking backpacking = I LOVE BACKPACKING! I've even been on tiny dirt roads in places the FCO advised against in my more foolhardy days.

not liking muscle cars = a car is a metal box that gets me from A to B. My need for speed was shattered by my experience of driving over 90 mph in a Fiat Seicento. The steering wheel shook! :scream:

not liking power tools = well, I generally stick to hammers and spanners. Have drilled the odd hole in the wall, does that count?

liking gardening = um nope, I only see the point in growing things that either taste delicious or get me high.

cooking frou frou fusion dishes = I have no idea what these are, Kobe Boeuf Bourgignon with Red Ginger and the most expensive Burgundy you can find? Well, I sometimes mix Thai and Indian spices in the same dish, and I've lobbed a chili into a cottage pie before, that's as close as I get to fusion. The frou frou component will have to remain a mystery.

not cooking hearty stews and roasts = well, I love cooking these, but peeling potatoes is a pain. So I cook other things when I can't be arsed to do that. I also like cooking curries that will clear the sinuses for a week.

Does this mean that I have to officially hand in the gay card that Dorothy personally awarded me years ago?
Counter: we checked off many of the same things, does that make me gay or you straight? Do we need to dock, for the sake of “bro bonding”? I can’t keep up any more. Just tell me what I need to do to keep my “straight card” and I’ll do my part. And a friendly tip: use small potatoes in stews, you don’t need to peel them.

englad

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Counter: we checked off many of the same things, does that make me gay or you straight? Do we need to dock, for the sake of “bro bonding”? I can’t keep up any more. Just tell me what I need to do to keep my “straight card” and I’ll do my part. And a friendly tip: use small potatoes in stews, you don’t need to peel them.

I have no idea, I can't keep up with this anymore either. I think docking has been turned into a secret handshake, a greeting, but you'll have to consult the bro code for your local chapter, it could also be DPing a blow up doll depending on which chapter. I have no idea..

I think if you swear off musicals for at least one year, that would help.

Call_Me_Dave

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have no idea, I can't keep up with this anymore either. I think docking has been turned into a secret handshake, a greeting, but you'll have to consult the bro code for your local chapter, it could also be DPing a blow up doll depending on which chapter. I have no idea..

I think if you swear off musicals for at least one year, that would help.
I’ll try my best, but make no promises. If I slip and bob my head to Hamilton, I’ll rant about gas prices in an oversized Chevy pickup, and hopefully break even.

oldguyontinder

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure

so what do you wear when you participate in pride parades?

englad

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
so what do you wear when you participate in pride parades?

I don't go to pride parades. Once upon a time, the pride parade was exclusively about saying fuck you to homophobes and demanding our civil rights. Nowadays, it's mostly about random big corporations trying to cash in on the LGBT community. Pinkwashing capitalism. And frankly, once you've seen one parade, you've seem them all. Pride is fun for the parties, not the parades.

My goals at pride are to have fun with friends and if I'm feeling the vibe, get smoochy with hot men. I dress normally for those occasions (I often go for colour contrasts, like a blue shirt with cream coloured jeans), so I'll be wearing tight jeans and I might go for a slightly lower cut and tighter top (if I'm going for a t shirt) or I'll stick with a shirt. Obviously, I'll dress in a way that might entice others at pride.