Votes: 40 22.0%

• Total voters

cklover

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
What he said.
Nice to see a couple of straight guys being point blank! I'm so sick to death of all that tortured il-logic the bullshitters have been exposing at great length about fluid sexuality, etc:rolleyes:. Experimentation aside, life in prisons notwithstanding, I don't consider closetted gay men who fuck women while fantasizing about men to be 'bi' or any percent straight, nor do I think men who get blown by other men to be straight. There are so many hot gay men out there, why waste time and energy trying to talk straight men into whipping it out...they are just NOT into us gays!:wink:

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
A man who lets another man give him a blowjob -- any man -- is not straight or "straight." What part of this do some gay men not understand?
What part of this do some straight or "straight" men not understand.

[not sayin you can't be predominantly straight and cross the creek occasionally,
but those 100%, 99%, even 90%ers who take part in all sorts of extracurricular activities, well . . . ] :rolleyes:

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
Nice to see a couple of straight guys being point blank! I'm so sick to death of all that tortured il-logic the bullshitters have been exposing at great length about fluid sexuality, etc:rolleyes:. Experimentation aside, life in prisons notwithstanding, I don't consider closetted gay men who fuck women while fantasizing about men to be 'bi' or any percent straight, nor do I think men who get blown by other men to be straight. There are so many hot gay men out there, why waste time and energy trying to talk straight men into whipping it out...they are just NOT into us gays!:wink:
So you think fluid sexuality is bullshit? Everybody has to fit into one camp or the other? Gay/Straight, black/white, no shades of gray?

cklover

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
So you think fluid sexuality is bullshit? Everybody has to fit into one camp or the other? Gay/Straight, black/white, no shades of gray?
Yes, that is what I think! So un-pc, but so what? God knows, others have been free to expound their differing opinions, haven't they?:wink:

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
Yes, that is what I think! So un-pc, but so what? God knows, others have been free to expound their differing opinions, haven't they?:wink:
It's not a matter of political correctness, it's a matter of well established and commonly accepted scientific analysis of human sexual behavior.

Just so I have this straight [pun intended] you believe everyone is either gay or straight, one or the other, no in between, regardless of their behavior? If so, what determines whether they have a straight orientation or a gay orientation?

BigDallasDick8x6

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
A man who lets another man give him a blowjob -- any man -- is not straight or "straight." What part of this do some gay men not understand?

Gay men understand male sexuality better than anyone. Most of us have had sex with "straight" guys. Most of us have had "straight" guys ask us for blowjobs.

If you define "straight" as a guy who wouldn't let another guy suck him off when he was horny, then only about TWO PERCENT of the male population is straight. Sorry you believe everything your buddies tell you about them never doing anything with another guy. Most of them are lying.

BigDallasDick8x6

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
If someone asked to suck my cock my answer would depend on who he was first and then for some strange reason his looks! That might sound vain or something but for me I don't want a troll sucking my dick regardless of "a bj is a bj".

I don't find that odd at all. Even if it's just a BJ and I want to get off and leave, the guy has to be attractive.

I asked a professional truck driver once about how much gay stuff goes on in the cabs of trucks at rest stops, truck stops etc. He said almost every driver he knows would rather get a BJ from an attractive dude than a skanky woman "lot lizard" as they apparently call them. Now of course most of them would prefer an attractive woman, but if the choice is between an attractive dude, a crack whore, or another night of whacking off, he said most drivers he knows will let the attractive guy suck him.

Chastig

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
We are all sexual creatures.... i don't honesly see how anyone can be 100% gay or str8.

D

deleted356736

Gay men understand male sexuality better than anyone. Most of us have had sex with "straight" guys. Most of us have had "straight" guys ask us for blowjobs.

If you define "straight" as a guy who wouldn't let another guy suck him off when he was horny, then only about TWO PERCENT of the male population is straight. Sorry you believe everything your buddies tell you about them never doing anything with another guy. Most of them are lying.

The actual percentages are thus. Approximately 3% of men are exclusively homosexual, and another 6% are either bisexual, or would consider a same-sex relationship or liaison, making 9% total. The other 91% are exclusively heterosexual, or would not consider having a same-sex relationship.

With women, the situation is quite different. Again, approximately 3% of women are exclusively homosexual, while about 40% of women are bisexual or would consider having a same-sex relationship.

This is recent research data from the Kinsey Institute.

Chastig

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Your info from Kinsey is very normal, and in many ways is understandable. While many organizations and research places have done a great job at researching this info, they often lack many key points that would show different results based upon a researchers general attitude and belief. When we look at the main objective of a study, we need to look at what is actually being researched, before we can apply it to something.
All that said, the way a person interprets a comment or posting will also have us answer something a certain way. Then a person needs to look at his/her circle of influence and a string of other things before something can be answered…
Okay…. I don’t know… I think I have just spent too much time thinking about this….

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
The actual percentages are thus. Approximately 3% of men are exclusively homosexual, and another 6% are either bisexual, or would consider a same-sex relationship or liaison, making 9% total. The other 91% are exclusively heterosexual, or would not consider having a same-sex relationship.

With women, the situation is quite different. Again, approximately 3% of women are exclusively homosexual, while about 40% of women are bisexual or would consider having a same-sex relationship.

This is recent research data from the Kinsey Institute.
I went to the Kinsey website and couldn't find anything to support your data, which I believe is incorrect.
Could you please give us a link to where you got these numbers?

Your description of a bisexual as someone who "would consider a same-sex relationship or liason" is ill-defined and leaves a wide latitude. There are a lot more who would engage in a liason vs. those who would have a relationship. Which gender you prefer to have a relationship with does not determine your sexual orientation, it is determined by your sexual behavior. There are many, many men who are predominatly homosexual, but conforming to societal pressure are married to women. Reliable research indicates that at least a quarter to half or more of all men have had at least one same-sex experience to orgasm.

One has to be very careful drawing conlusions from studies done to determine the incidence of homosexual preference or homosexual activity, especially male homosexual activity. Because of the sampling methods used, (e.g. self-reporting, interviewing men on the street, on the phone etc.) and the stigma attached to male homosexuality in American society, a significant number of men are most certainly going to deny their homosexual activities to the researcher, resulting in underreporting. Hell, a lot of them even deny it to themselves! A survey of the more reliable studies reveals the percentage of men who have a strong, near exclusive homosexual preference (or orientation) to be in the neighborhood of 10%, possibly higher, pretty much in line with Dr. Kiinsey's original determination.

I personally believe at least a majority of men have engaged in homosexual activity to orgasm (e.g. given or received a blowjob, mutual masturbation, etc.) and have enjoyed it. It's anybody's guess what percentage entertain homosexual fantasies. The majority of these men are self-identifed straight, which they very well may be in terms of having a strong preference. But if they even occasionally engage in homosexual activity, or even entertain homosexual fantasies, they are not 100% straight, any more than a gay man is 100% gay if he occasionally enjoys fucking women.

Last edited:

cklover

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
It's not a matter of political correctness, it's a matter of well established and commonly accepted scientific analysis of human sexual behavior.

Just so I have this straight [pun intended] you believe everyone is either gay or straight, one or the other, no in between, regardless of their behavior? If so, what determines whether they have a straight orientation or a gay orientation?
LOL! Who do you think YOU are, Maxcock? You ride into thread after thread pushing posters to engage with you as if you were someone whose opinions out here take primacy over others? Why don't you just bury your nose in some more of those commonly accepted scientific analyses and ride your horse into yet another ridiculous thread. You're just another arrogant online bullshitter, Dude.

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
LOL! Who do you think YOU are, Maxcock? You ride into thread after thread pushing posters to engage with you as if you were someone whose opinions out here take primacy over others? Why don't you just bury your nose in some more of those commonly accepted scientific analyses and ride your horse into yet another ridiculous thread. You're just another arrogant online bullshitter, Dude.
Excuse me?? Who do you think YOU are? I'm not "pushing" anyone to engage with me, I'm stating my opinion. Nor did I say my opinion "takes primacy over others". That would be your conclusion, I guess. I have as much right to state my opinion here as you do, and my opinion just happens to be supported by . . .

. . . well established and commonly accepted scientific analysis of human sexual behavior.
Too bad if it doesn't conform to what you (apparently arbitrarily) choose to believe. I didn't even dismiss your opinion, I asked you to clarify it so I was sure I understood your position. Though I will say now, it flies in the face of not only all the research on the subject, but my own ancedotal experience and the experience of everyone I know. If you are incapable of engaging in civilized discourse, if you find my question or the research intimidating for some reason, you don't need to get defensive, and you don't have to respond. You don't have to be a complete ass about it either. And you call me arrogant. LOL.

God knows, others have been free to expound their differing opinions, haven't they?:wink:
Talk about bullshit :rolleyes:

Last edited:
D

deleted356736

I went to the Kinsey website and couldn't find anything to support your data, which I believe is incorrect.
Could you please give us a link to where you got these numbers?

Years ago, not so long ago in fact, there was no Internet. But those of us who have studied psychology at university level and passed sometimes show an ongoing interest. The statistics are from a medical journal and I don't have the original, just my notes.

The statistics, 3% and 6%, seem about right to me. The original Kinsey study of the late 1940s came up with 9% of men being homosexual by defining anyone who had a homosexual encounter as homosexual. Originally, they didn't separate bisexuality. And it was flawed, in that he used a fair number of prison inmates for his research, and there was more opportunistic homosexuality than would have otherwise been the case.

The statistics also seem right because of the high degree of bisexuality or potential bisexuality for women. According to my notes, the methodology used on the men and women was the same, a small part of a larger anonymous survey. However, there is a possibility that women may be more forthcoming about their attraction to other women.

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
Years ago, not so long ago in fact, there was no Internet. But those of us who have studied psychology at university level and passed sometimes show an ongoing interest. The statistics are from a medical journal and I don't have the original, just my notes.

The statistics, 3% and 6%, seem about right to me. The original Kinsey study of the late 1940s came up with 9% of men being homosexual by defining anyone who had a homosexual encounter as homosexual. Originally, they didn't separate bisexuality. And it was flawed, in that he used a fair number of prison inmates for his research, and there was more opportunistic homosexuality than would have otherwise been the case.

The statistics also seem right because of the high degree of bisexuality or potential bisexuality for women. According to my notes, the methodology used on the men and women was the same, a small part of a larger anonymous survey. However, there is a possibility that women may be more forthcoming about their attraction to other women.
Well, I would say it's your memory that is "flawed" and you have the wrong criteria.

Here are the results from the original Kinsey studies:
Kinsey said in both the Male and Female volumes that it was impossible to determine the number of persons who are "homosexual" or "heterosexual". It was only possible to determine behavior at any given time.

Instances of at least one same-sex experience to orgasm:
  • 37% of males
  • 13% of females, (p. 650, Male, p. 475, Female)
Males:
  • 10% of males in the sample were predominantly homosexual between the ages of 16 and 55.
  • 8% of males were exlusively homosexual for at least three years between the ages of 16 and 55. (p. 651, Male)
  • 4% of white males had been exclusively homosexual after the onset of adolescence up to the time of their interviews, (p. 651, Male).
And you're right, the internet is a great tool for finding information fast. It took me less than a minute to find it, cut and paste it. So the numbers really haven't changed significantly from 1948 / 1953 to now.

I personally believe, and I will state this as my opinion even though I have seen it backed up by research, that the percentage of men who are predominantly homosexual could well be higher than 10%, and the percentage of men who have had at least one homosexual experience is well over 50%. This could be due to relaxed attitudes in society about sex in general, increased acceptance of homosexuality, and far greater opportunity for sexual encounters today vs. 60 years ago, particularly for younger generations.

That's enough research for me. If you want to feed your "ongoing interest" post university, have a look at the sampling methods, updated and adjusted research, or link to a whole raft of other studies, you can go here:

D

deleted356736

I personally believe, and I will state this as my opinion even though I have seen it backed up by research, that the percentage of men who are predominantly homosexual could well be higher than 10%, and the percentage of men who have had at least one homosexual experience is well over 50%. This could be due to relaxed attitudes in society about sex in general, increased acceptance of homosexuality, and far greater opportunity for sexual encounters today vs. 60 years ago, particularly for younger generations.

That's enough research for me. If you want to feed your "ongoing interest" post university, have a look at the sampling methods, updated and adjusted research, or link to a whole raft of other studies, you can go here:

I was wrong about the percentages, but I also wrote that the original Kinsey research was flawed, because he used a large number of prison inmates for his surveys. Also, he wasn't a statistician. If he was, he wouldn't have made so many mistakes. When I studied psychology, I learned a lot about statistics. That's not to take away the value of what he did in a time of extra-ordinary sexual suppression. Although much of his work was flawed, for example his analysis of deep vaginal response to penetration, at least he began to peel away the ignorance on sexual matters.

Before I posted my reply to you, I did a quick online scan of a number of articles, and the percentages were similar to the later Kinsey institute research I copied down. That is, less than 10% of men are homosexual, identify themselves as homosexual or are potential capable of having a homsexual encounter or relationship. The percentages varied: from 6% to 9%, from a quick scan of about six or seven research articles. Ditto the number of exclusively homosexual men, the same studies placed this in the range of 2% to 3% (and slightly more than exclusively homosexual women).

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
I was wrong about the percentages, but I also wrote that the original Kinsey research was flawed, because he used a large number of prison inmates for his surveys. Also, he wasn't a statistician. If he was, he wouldn't have made so many mistakes. When I studied psychology, I learned a lot about statistics. That's not to take away the value of what he did in a time of extra-ordinary sexual suppression. Although much of his work was flawed, for example his analysis of deep vaginal response to penetration, at least he began to peel away the ignorance on sexual matters.

Before I posted my reply to you, I did a quick online scan of a number of articles, and the percentages were similar to the later Kinsey institute research I copied down. That is, less than 10% of men are homosexual, identify themselves as homosexual or are potential capable of having a homsexual encounter or relationship. The percentages varied: from 6% to 9%, from a quick scan of about six or seven research articles. Ditto the number of exclusively homosexual men, the same studies placed this in the range of 2% to 3% (and slightly more than exclusively homosexual women).
All surveys of this sort are flawed to varying extent. That's why the sampling methods are so important. A random survey of 663 men by telephone, for example, where 2-3% say they are predominantly homosexual, doesn't prove that only 2-3% of men are homosexual. It only proves that 2-3% of men are comfortable saying so to a complete stranger, who called them out of the blue, who has their phone number, who knows who they are and where they live, who could be a nosy neighbor who knows they have a wife, or a disgruntled coworker who wants to out them so they lose their job . . . . . well you get the picture. And that's from an actual study.

This is a very tricky subject to get accurate statistics on, so the sampling methods are critical. Given the nature of male self-identity in American society, one can reasonably assume that whatever methods are used, there's going to be some underreporting. It could be incidental, or it could be significant. That's why, relative to the sampling methods, one could reasonably adjust the results upward to be more reflective of reality.

Also, there are big differences between men who are homosexual, men who identify as homosexual, are capable of having a relationship vs. capable of having an encounter. HUGE distinctions there, though you do not distinguish at all in your statement.

Last edited: