For Thespians of LPSG...

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by playainda336, Jun 9, 2007.

1. playainda336

Gold Member

Albums:
    I do musical theater.

So I had rehearsal last night and we were dancing, so I'm wearing very loose free flowing clothes. Some knit-type sweat pants and boxers...and a girl dropped her hand down while doing a dance and rubbed my penis.

._.;

She looked down and she was just like, "OMG THAT WAS YOUR....OH MY GOD!" and preceeded to walk away and sit down in a chair. She didn't really look at me for the rest of the night. Now I'm sure most people are like that doesn't sound like a problem. Well, this isn't the only time it has happened. And after that it seemed like no one looked me in the eyes for the rest of rehearsal...take that how it sounds. When I'm at rehearsal I'm there to work not pick up girls with my penis, lol.

In fact, while we were supposed to be doing a pose and I was standing up on my knees, another girl took her foot and followed it up my inseam to see where my penis started. I'm sure she wouldn't do that while performing, but I'm thinking in the future I'll need to make some more preventive measures in rehearsals for a different show.

Most guys on here are about show and tell, but I'm not really like that. I'm really a modest/humble kinda guy, but it's a little too late for that, now.

Should I start wearing briefs or what? What do you other guys who do theater do at rehearsals?

2. NCbear

Gold Member

Too late for the knowledge to be spread around, but not too late for some supportive underwear.

NCbear (who's also in the 336)

3. arliss

Gold Member

Albums:
    not sure why this bothers you....you are well endowed....you have always known this and now ya collegaues do to ...????

4. naughty

Gold Member

How dare she molest you! You need to call her out for sexual harassment. It goes both ways, baby! Just because a brotha is packin' does not mean she needs to squeeze the Charmin! :mad:

5. playainda336

Gold Member

Albums:
    I'm really not one to be flopping my stuff around on purpose though. Just not my style.
    I guess my childhood is still biting me in the ass. When females do stuff like that to me, I usually just let them because you learn that it's only bad when men touch you the wrong way as a kid. :confused:

I just prefer not to bring attention to myself. Again childhood memories.

6. randomuker

randomuker New Member

I think these people need to realise that when your rehearsing or performing a show your very likely to have to get close to people while dancing, be used to be around sweaty people, see your fellow company members in various states of undress backstage (during quick-changes etc. etc.)! Its the nature of the job.

However to make it more comfortable for your fellow performers I would recommend you start wearing a jock or briefs. It will make the whole experience easier for everyone and should make it easier for your to dance!!

x

7. playainda336

Gold Member

Albums:
    Well, yeah...You're gonna see everybody changing and what not, I have no problem with that. I've been around the theater since I was VERY little, which is why I'm comfortable with partial/full nudity in ways many people don't understand...but everybody focusing on ways to feel your penis, it's kind of distracting.

Does Wal-Mart sell jock straps? I've never worn one before. LOL

I'll just stick to briefs in the future.

8. canuck_pa

Gold Member

If your concerned why don't you get a dance belt.

9. Bryan_Lyte2

Gold Member

I agree with naughty if it bothers you. If it doesn't stay professional and let things happen. If it does bother you wear briefs will only benefit future encounters with new dance partners, but if in the same company with long running players, the only thing you can really do is bring it to her attention and if neccesary other players that you don't appreciate the attention if it arises.
    :cool:

10. TheaterGeek

TheaterGeek New Member

Albums:
    i perform, dance,sing, and all that jazz. If your worried go buy a dance belt. Dancers wear it or wear briefs or boxer briefs. If your a dancer [like turns and leaps and what not] I woould suggest a dance belt. Thye are like a man thong but thicker strap. If not a hardcore dancer then forget the boxers and wear briefs ore something

11. playainda336

Gold Member

Albums:
    Ehh...I probably don't need a dance belt. (I don't even know what that looks like...x_x) I'm not a principal dancer or anything. I'm a singer. If I weren't concerned for the anonymity of LPSG, I'd post a clip. (hahah)

But like I said, I'll stick to briefs. I'm not too big a fan of bringing attention to myself like that. =\
    I'm definitely taking heed.

12. Flashlight

Flashlight Well-Known Member

Albums:
    The purpose of a dancebelt really isn't for the ability for the dancer to move. It does help because it keeps everything in one place but its a big modesty thing. The dance belt keeps everything from floppying around and they are usually quilted on the inside to give you a round nondiscript bulge which is acceptable. Its not acceptable to have a bulge on stage where you can see the penis and each testicle.

13. playainda336

Gold Member

Albums:
    I still don't know where to get one or even what one looks like.

But definitely. In fact, I tried on the costume for the show and it's leather pants, you can see my stuff snaked down the left leg.

...Not a good look on stage.

14. chrisung

chrisung New Member

Dance belts are available from many sources - even on amazon.com.

Talk to the director. He or she will probably have definite ideas about how much "junk" you should show on stage. There may be simple costume changes or something else. Your character could, um, stand out unecessarily otherwise and have an impact on the production. It's something the director would want to be aware of, probably.

You could approach it simply from a wardrobe standpoint - letting the director know you feel the pants are rather revealing and could you have their opinion, rather than saying "Do you really want me to show of my enormous schlong in these?"

Draft saved Draft deleted