For those of you who sleep with someone else...

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by Dr. Dilznick, Mar 8, 2005.

1. Dr. Dilznick

Gold Member

Have you ever had trouble sleeping at night because of it? I guess after sleeping alone for so many years, it's become something I really cherish. I mean, you don't have to worry about her being comfy, or if you're cuddling her enough, or if you're stealing all the covers (LOL). But since I'm in a committed relationship those days are over.

I like to sleep on the right side, and my g/f wants me to hold her but sleeps sideways, meaning her upper body is straight but then her legs lean towards me so that I can't stretch my legs out. When I try to move her legs she starts to moan in her sleep, and being careful not to wake her, it pretty much causes me to assume the fetal position. As a result, I haven't been able to sleep well over the past few weeks. Has anyone else had this problem? (Ha, I guess not).

2. D_Barbi_Queue

D_Barbi_Queue Account Disabled

3 words: King size bed :lol:

I liked to cuddle with my hubby when we first moved in together, but now I find it too hot or uncomfy for long periods of time.

3. jeepwranglerboi

jeepwranglerboi New Member

I am just the opposite. It's been quite some time since I have been in a relationship and had someone to share my bed with. I miss it a lot. I got use to having a warm muscular body there so I actually have a hard time sleeping in a big bed all by my lonesome. I often times sleep on the sofa since it is a more confined space. I miss having someone to wrap my arms around when I sleep. Aye, me. *sigh* :cry:

4. D_Barbi_Queue

D_Barbi_Queue Account Disabled

actually, when my hubby was still in the navy and gone for his six month cruise, I was the same as Jeep so I slept with a teddy bear. Yes, a 26 yr old can still sleep with bears! :lol:

5. dickbulge

dickbulge New Member

awh... that's nice!

Yeah I miss my guy too. Sometimes they wake you up, but believe me the most sound sleeps I have ever had in my life were right after sex with him in my arms. Even without sex it was the best thing about chilly Utah nights.

Now a days, not having a teddy bear, I cling to a great big fluffy pillow.

But as to the original post. Get a big bed so you can move away from her when you've finish cuddling. I think its almost impossable to permanently change some one's sleep position, yours or hers.

6. summertime01

summertime01 New Member

Albums:
    To Op;
    Yes, I'm having the same troubles. A King bed is definitley for us, hopefully, very soon. I take the right side when he's here for the night, as he can sleep in any position. We have more difficulty in nhis bed, as it is a standard size. He does wake when i get up to pee or eat. I run lots of miles/week & I get hungry during the night quite frequently.
    summertime

awh... that's nice!

Yeah I miss my guy too. Sometimes they wake you up, but believe me the most sound sleeps I have ever had in my life were right after sex with him in my arms. Even without sex it was the best thing about chilly Utah nights.

Now a days, not having a teddy bear, I cling to a great big fluffy pillow.

But as to the original post. Get a big bed so you can move away from her when you've finish cuddling. I think its almost impossable to permanently change some one's sleep position, yours or hers.
    [post=289317]Quoted post[/post]​
    [/b][/quote]

7. summertime01

summertime01 New Member

Albums:
    & I had been sleeping alone for the past 4 yrs.

8. Pene_Negro_Grande

Gold Member

I am totally in agreement w/the Dr...I like to sleep alone for some reason...My girlfriend always use to want to fall asleep w/my arms around her...It is very uncomfortable and my arm would fall asleep and I am one of those people who get hot pretty easy...Plus I toss and turn quite often in my sleep and usually end up on my side w/my back to my girlfriend and she use to think I was giving her the cold shoulder or something and get upset...Glad to be single again so I can have my queensize bed to myself...And I have to be really tired or drunk to spend the night in someone else's bed...

9. txquis

Gold Member

I think that the idea of the kingsize bed is perfect, and i agree with it.
    You can have your space, but snuggle when you want.

And Jeep, you wont have any trouble getting a number of us
    to snuggle you at night
    :9

10. Pappy

Pappy Member

Kyle, you can sleep in my bed anytime!! }( }(

11. Imported

Gold Member

RunnerSF: I'm always amazed at this topic. It is always something our friends joke about at dinner parties. So I really enjoyed seein the replies here on LPSG. My hubby always complains about me "stealing the covers." Of course, I always point out that I wake up in the middle of the night and cover him back up. I mean if I'm going to steal them at least I can replace them. Right?

On the overheating issue, both of us can snuggle and not overheat. We're very lucky in that respect. I've dated guys who would over heat easily or over heat me and it kinda sucked...cause every now and then its great to fall asleep all snuggled.

12. dcwrestlefan

Gold Member

I love sleeping with someone, even if its just a friend and totally non sexual.

When I've been in relationships, it seems we fall asleep cuddled, then go our separate ways. Then in the morning, we rejoin. The best of both worlds.

13. prepstudinsc

Gold Member

maybe because it's because I'm so used to not having people in my bed, but I can't stand sharing the bed...I love having all the space to myself. When I have to share it, I feel all confined. Don't even get me started on cuddling...I get all hot, and then I can't sleep, and all I do is toss and turn. I like Lucy and Ricky's idea of separate beds LOL

14. Dr. Dilznick

Gold Member

The thing is, after sex I'm usually not tired. Still high on an adrenaline rush, I guess. And of course, I enjoy the cuddling afterwards, but then, she always falls asleep first.

The problem is that she wakes up when I move away from her, or even remove my arms from her body. So yeah, we kind of have a problem. LOL

Thanks for the input, folks.

15. Dr Rock

Gold Member

who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
    at the moment I have two other people living here and we share my one (standard queen size) bed. it can get pretty sweaty and uncomfortable at times (it's way too hot in summer with only ONE partner), but since there's no other item of furniture in my squalid domicile that can be used as a bed, there's not much point complaining.

one thing I'm surprised nobody has mentioned here is the highly unpleasant shock of a sleeping partner rolling over / dropping a leg and crushing one's external genitalia ;(

16. Imported

Gold Member

hung_big: I've only had one serious relationship before (granted, I am fifteen) my semi-current one, and I loved to fall asleep with her. It was so nice cuddling. And, surprisingly, it was better even when we didn't have sex...because we weren't hot and sticky and uncomfortable. it was better when she had a party at her house and everyone left and we were dead tired and we would just fall asleep together. She would look at me and play with my hair and then I would turn her around and we would cuddle, almost like spooning, but no sexual contact. I miss those days, just like Kyle *joins the sighing*.

Maybe I will be cuddling with someone I love sooner than I hoped...:)

17. yaoifun

yaoifun New Member

I miss those days too...my ex and I used to cuddle up, but didn't really get to do much bed time together considering both our families were over paranoid, so we never had sex either, but that's just as well. I hope to cuddle with someone special to me in the near future though. Summer should bring a lot of fun times. For me at least :p I dunno I've always been the cuddly type. :) :wub: :p

18. summertime01

summertime01 New Member

Albums:
    Dr. Rock.
    Well, roling over & crushing boyfriend's genitals is a concern of mine. I tend to be aware when I'm rolling over, so I avoid that area. Plus, he rarley sleeps on his back.

19. Altairion

Gold Member

Albums:
    heh good thing I'm starting to sleep on my stomach more often :)

20. Dr Rock

Gold Member

who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
    I usually sleep on my side and it still happens way too often. not so much when there's only one other person in the bed with me, but with two it's downright dangerous :(

Draft saved Draft deleted