For those that have an Amazon.com account

D_Barbi_Queue

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm sorry to be one of those that have to throw out those idiotic warnings, but if I save at least one person from falling for this, I figure it's worthwhile.

I just got the following email:
Dear (my email address) ,
Greetings from Amazon Payments.
Your bank has contacted us regarding some attempts of charges from your credit card via the Amazon system. We have reasons to believe that you changed your registration information or that someone else has unauthorized access to your Amazon account Due to recent activity, including possible unauthorized listings placed on your account, we will require a second confirmation of your identity with us in order to allow us to investigate this matter further. Your account is not suspended, but if in 48 hours after you receive this message your account is not confirmed we reserve the right to suspend your Amazon registration. If you received this notice and you are not the authorized account holder, please be aware that it is in violation of Amazon policy to represent oneself as another Amazon user. Such action may also be in violation of local, national, and/or international law. Amazon is committed to assist law enforcement with any inquires related to attempts to misappropriate personal information with the intent to commit fraud or theft. Information will be provided at the request of law enforcement agencies to ensure that perpetrators are prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

To confirm your identity with us click here:
https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/flex-sig...-in-secure.html
After responding to the message, we ask that you allow at least 72 hours for the case to be investigated. Emailing us before that time will result in delays. We apologize in advance for any inconvenience this may cause you and we would like to thank you for your cooperation as we review this matter.
Thank you for your interest in selling at Amazon.com.
Amazon.com Customer Service
http://www.amazon.com
This message and any files or documents attached may contain classified information. It is intended only for the individual or entity named and others authorized to receive it. If you are not the intended recipient or authorized to receive it, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately then delete it from your system. Please also note that transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free.
When I clicked on the link, it took me to my Amazon sign on page and had my email address already typed in (like usual). All it wanted was for me to sign in to my account. It looked very legit and came from payments-messages@amazon.com. I'm still skeptic about any links in emails that want me to verify my information so I called my credit card (the ONE that I use for Amazon) and they said that were was no suspicious activity on it (which I figured that they would have contacted me instead of Amazon if there WAS). I also went amazon.com and under the Help page was a like to identifying suspicious emails. #2 said: Amazon.com will not ask you to verify or confirm your Amazon.com account information by clicking on a link from an e-mail.

And, when I actually click on the link, it's a different link than what was stated in the email: http://secure.amazon.com.gp-css-homepage.c...XXXX@XXXXXX.net (email address edited) ^_^ Most of the other links on the page took you back to legit Amazon links, like my Wish List. But also according to the real Amazon.com - We never use a web address such as "http://security-amazon.com/. . ." or an IP address (string of numbers) followed by directories such as "http://123.456.789.123/amazon.com/. . . ."
So anyway, I just wanted to give everyone a "heads up" on this incase you get it as well. Don't fall for it, it's a well-made scam.

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Hopefully you didn't try to sign in.

I always tell my PC customers NEVER EVER sign in to ANYTHING through an E-mail link.

Always go to the site and sign in securely.

I get E-mails Daily from Ebay, Paypal, Credit card companies Claiming "My account has been suspended"

Hogwash, its just spam trying to get your account information.
The Numbers before the letters identify a IP address re-routing you to another location or server.
_//199.105.100.95/amazonbla bla bla or the like

If you do accidentally sign in, immediately change your password on the Real site and notify the company that you had a spoof E-mail and they may have your login information.

Hope this helps
C

Alley Blue

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Thank you Texassgirl for the heads up.

PS
Great avitar photo by the way. Its my secound favorite, next to your old "Stevie Nicks look-a-like" pic. :D

D_Barbi_Queue

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
no - I didn't sign in. It was all too suspicious as soon as I read it. Somehow I just think my credit card company would have contacted me, not Amazon, if there were truly any odd activity.

I'm pretty savvy about not signing in to crap like that, but this one certainly had me doing a double take and even make a call to my Visa company.

Alley - you're the second one think that's me me in my avatar, but it's actually Bush's face superimposed on some hot chick's body (it looks an awful lot like a popular Jennifer Aniston pose). I still have about 10 more lbs to get back to looking that good again. Damn pregnancies...ha/ha

Alley Blue

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
TexAssgirl said:
Alley - you're the second one think that's me me in my avatar, but it's actually Bush's face superimposed on some hot chick's body (it looks an awful lot like a popular Jennifer Aniston pose). I still have about 10 more lbs to get back to looking that good again. Damn pregnancies...ha/ha

LOL! When I saw the legs and hair, I thought Texassgirl!
The avitars around here are so tiny, I don't know who the hell i'm looking at hahaha.......

Anyways, feel free to bring back your Stevie pose pic :p :D

D_Barbi_Queue

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
:) Thanks, but I'm actually skedaddling from here. I've been trying to phase my way out, but I keep coming back. I just need to go cold turkey and delete the link from my Favorites.

Alley Blue

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
TexAssgirl said:
:) Thanks, but I'm actually skedaddling from here. I've been trying to phase my way out, but I keep coming back. I just need to go cold turkey and delete the link from my Favorites.

You mean leave the thread, TexAssGirl?????? :confused: :confused:

Mommy I so confused:p