For those who had lions as pets...

D

deleted3782

For those of you who had lions as pets when you were kids, and had to let your lion back into the wild to grow up, know that he still thinks of you.

This video is making the rounds on lots of US TV shows, and has everyone boo-hooing here. Kleenex sales in America are skyrocketing.

Is the story true?

Was the lion just tasting these guys as an appetizer for dinner later?

Did the lion think the guy with bizarre hair was just another lion?

Is this Whitney Houston song more tolerable with a tender story-line?

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media

flame boy

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I was most excited to see the youtube users profile picture was none other than Guy Smiley from Sesame Street. That made my day!

Edit: I just realised how awfully off topic this was, my bad!

Last edited:

D_Pubert Stabbingpain

Account Disabled
Media
For those of you who had lions as pets when you were kids, and had to let your lion back into the wild to grow up, know that he still thinks of you.

This video is making the rounds on lots of US TV shows, and has everyone boo-hooing here. Kleenex sales in America are skyrocketing.

Is the story true?

There are plenty of lion and tiger stories of cubs as pets. Just last month there was the story on Discovery Channel about the dude who is a "Lion whisperer." I have always liked Lions but I have better sense than to try to make 1 my pet. You never know when an animal's true nature will come back to bite your head off. It is a big enough task for me to trust people! :eek:

D

deleted3782

Ok ok, I do admit that I gave my dog some extra lovin' today before I left for work. He seemed to enjoy the attention.

Not that kind of lovin', ya pervs. :tongue:

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I will never like that Houston woman ruining Dolly's lovely song - regardless of visuals!

That song was a throw-away B side that no one knew till Whitney made it a huge hit with her amazing voice. Dolly sounds like Britney when compared to Whitney.

P.S. the lion video was great. Was he too young to have a mane?

Last edited:

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
That song was a throw-away B side that no one knew till Whitney made it a huge hit with her amazing voice. Dolly sounds like Britney when compared to Whitney.

Actually, the song wasn't a B-side, it was an A side - I remember it best from it's reprise in the Best Little Whorehouse in Texas where Dolly sings it with more pathos and feeling that Whitney's drug addled brain could ever manage, warbling bint that she is. Belt it out love - that way they'll never tell you have no idea what the words mean. :rolleyes:

Dolly's version is more wistful. Comparing Dolly to Whitney is kind of pointless as they sing two very different styles of music. Dolly, for all the makeup, wigs, and pulchritudinous breasts, is an excellent musician and singer of country western music. Whitney was a great pop singer.

But who cares? This is one of the sweetest videos I've ever seen and I watched it with both dogs looking over the arms of the chair with me. Animals are great.

EagleCowboy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
AAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Ok. I'm a wreck now. I used to have a North American mountain lion (Cougar) that I raised from a cub. His name was Buster. When he was little, everyone thought he was an ordinary house cat that looked a little funny, but they thought nothing of it. Until he "meowed". It sounded like a cat with a horrible sore throat. They would always ask what was wrong with him and I would just tell them that he's experiencing "growing pains". :biggrin1:

He was very smart, and grew to be more playful and *VERY* protective of me. More than any guard dog. He could tell good people from bad. It would be all I could do to hold him back if a "bad" person tried to approach me. He loved the neighbor's kids (not for breakfast!!) and turned out to be a good babysitter for them. He was very gentle with them and if they had something in their hands he didn't think they should have, he would take it away and hide it from them. We knew the kids were always safe when they were together.

He loved to go for rides and *ALWAYS* had to have shotgun. THAT seat was his!! There was no arguing. You either got out of his seat, or he'd either drag you halfway out of the car or just climb in and sit on you. I taught him to wear sunglasses, (to protect his eyes) and I would take the T-tops off, he'd throw his paws over the windshield, and off we went. I suspect we caused a few accidents that way. We certainly got a lot of stares!! If we went on a long trip, and he got bored of that, he'd crawl in the back of the mustang and catnap. He also *LOVED* to swim. Loved the water.

They play kinda rough. I learned to take some really good hits. Getting hit by a man was nothing in my line of work then, getting hit by my cat was far worse. Those big paws have some power!! You just haven't lived until you wrestle a 200lb. cat.

I miss him so much now.........................

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Interesting, but it didn't make me cry.

All I could think was "White folks is crazy!" Black people would never take in a lion as a pet. Don't remind me of Michael Jackson's menagerie. We all know he hasn't been black since 8-tracks bit the dust. :tongue:

How did they not know a lion would get bigger? I do not for one second believe Harrod's used to sell lion cubs. :mad:

mista geechee

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Is the story true?

NJ has a point.

But that video is great. More proof that humans aren't the only conscious animals. It's a similar effect with my can and I when I come home. Funny how the "experts" said the lion wouldn't remember them, but doesn't even know that cats remember by smell.

Last edited:

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
AAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Ok. I'm a wreck now. I used to have a North American mountain lion (Cougar) that I raised from a cub. His name was Buster. *snip*

I miss him so much now.........................

Eagle - that's such a lovely story - thanks. :smile:

How did they not know a lion would get bigger? I do not for one second believe Harrod's used to sell lion cubs. :mad:

Wrong! I thought the same but here's an independant source:

In the 1960s and 1970s having a leopard or panther as a pet was quite the fashion. You could even buy them in Harrods.

BBC NEWS | Magazine | The million-collar question

EagleCowboy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
We all know he hasn't been black since 8-tracks bit the dust. :tongue:

ROFLMAO!!
I like that one!! I'll have to put that one with "I'm all over that like Michael Jackson at a day care center".

I also knew a black couple that had a cougar. There was no way they would ever part with him.