For those who have labor day off what are your plans

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by D_smack ash, Aug 25, 2007.

1. D_smack ash

D_smack ash Account Disabled

For those who get a 3 day weekend coming up,What are your plans

2. arliss

Gold Member

Albums:
    I will be vacationing at Cedar Point in Sandusky Ohio and visiting the Lake Erie Islands

3. D_smack ash

4. viking1

Gold Member

My plans are not to have to go to my place of work for 3 whole days in a row...

5. B_ScaredLittleBoy

B_ScaredLittleBoy New Member

Why is it called Labor day? The way I understand it is most people are off work so there is no 'labor' (or even labour) involved.

Here we call it a bank holiday. That makes more sense. My plans are to write and masturbate extensively.

6. viking1

Gold Member

It's called "Labor Day" because it's a day off in appreciation of all laborers.
    You know, the poor working stiffs like me who work their butt off for little or nothing so the rich can get richer and the shrunken heads can remain in political power...

7. D_smack ash

Labor Day is a United States federal holiday that takes place on the first Monday in September. The holiday began in 1882, originating from a desire by the Central Labor Union to create a day off for the "working man". It is still celebrated mainly as a day of rest and marks the symbolic end of summer for many.

8. B_ScaredLittleBoy

B_ScaredLittleBoy New Member

Labor Appreciation Day would be a better name.

Labor Day makes it sound like a day where everyone is supposed to work :confused:

Anyway have a good one :cool:

9. whatireallywant

Gold Member

Well, I right now have an "enforced vacation" WITHOUT pay (it's called getting fired!) that will end the day after Labor Day when I start a new work assignment (one that I won't get fired from - it's a job I've done in the past and they always like my work doing that - too bad it's a strictly temporary job or I'd probably just do that for the rest of my life because it's about the only job I've been able to keep!)

No plans right now for that weekend. My budget has to be even tighter now, which is getting really annoying! Here I want to buy some more flattering clothes and all, so I can look more attractive, and I keep losing jobs and can't even afford to shop at the thrift stores! No wonder I'm wearing the same tops I've worn for the past 15 years! :eek: (Can't wear the same pants/skirts though - I gained too much weight on the waist and hips. I don't gain as much above the waist, although I keep hoping to gain in one area!)

If one of my clubs does something fun that weekend, that doesn't cost much money, I may do that.

Draft saved Draft deleted