For USA born Uncut males only. Why were you left uncut?

TobiasTalon70

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
My brothers and I are all uncut. Our parents didn't feel it was right to deprive us of either our foreskins or our freedom of choice....
Agree. My dad once told me he didn’t want to do to me what was done to him. He was circumcised but I’m not.

Wei

Admired Member
Media
Monterey Park (California, United States)
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Agree. My dad once told me he didn’t want to do to me what was done to him. He was circumcised but I’m not.

That's good. I'm not against circumcision if that's what an adult freely chooses for himself. As the original poster says, if an adult wants to do that for himself, "go for it". But not Routine Infant Circumcision on non-consenting babies or children. That's just wrong....

Uncutsouthernboy

Superior Member
Media
That's good. I'm not against circumcision if that's what an adult freely chooses for himself. As the original poster says, if an adult wants to do that for himself, "go for it". But not Routine Infant Circumcision on non-consenting babies or children. That's just wrong....

I agree. If a grown man wants his foreskin hacked off then so be it. A non-consenting baby? Hell no! What is horrible is the fact that permission was not mandatory to do any surgery before 1967 or so. How many boys were circumcised without their parents permission before permission was mandated? It started during WWII while Daddy was away at war and mama just didn't know. "The Dr. said it was better".

pdxjoe

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
While daddy was away he was snipped if he was uncut for " keeping down STDs and cleanliness" . This was thanks to the military sawbones (doctor) , if he saw something he did not like at "short arm inspection" off you went to the medical ward for the snip. This happened to my father during WWII, he did not have a choice as it was and order from a medical officer.

Reactions: Wei

Systematic assault to male sexuality, the way RIC had to take hold.

Wei

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I agree. If a grown man wants his foreskin hacked off then so be it. A non-consenting baby? Hell no! What is horrible is the fact that permission was not mandatory to do any surgery before 1967 or so. How many boys were circumcised without their parents permission before permission was mandated? It started during WWII while Daddy was away at war and mama just didn't know. "The Dr. said it was better".

Absolutely. It's a human rights issue that shouldn't be left to either nurses or parents to decide, when they're removing healthy tissue from people too young to give their assent to a genital-altering operation. And a friend of mine says that in his country (largely Christian), they still don't seek the parents' permission before it's routinely done at birth.... :(

Reactions: DildoShwaggins

Uncutsouthernboy

Superior Member
Media
[QUOTE="Wei, post: 7533142, member: 822868"
"And a friend of mine says that in his country (largely Christian), they still don't seek the parents' permission before it's routinely done at birth."... :([/QUOTE]

What Country would that be?

Wei

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
What Country would that be?

Ghana, in West Africa - with early infant circumcision way above US, Canadian & Australian levels. He says early infant circumcision among the vast majority of males occurs in many countries in the region, such as Cameroon, Nigeria, Ivory Coast, Liberia, The Congo, etc...

MALE CIRCUMCISION WORLD MAP

Male Circumcision Map.png

That map has too wide a range...US and Canada appear to be the same... based on color. Based on board members here. The circ rate in the US is a lot higher than Canada.

Misleading map.

Reactions: jtm011 and Wei

Wei

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Why is South Korea so high? It has nothing in common with other orange countries

Partly influence from the US, where thousands of US servicemen have been based - young teenage boys compete with each other to see who's brave enough to be cut first. The same in The Philippines - but that predates any US involvement. Taiwan also had high levels, but have fallen dramatically since the mid-1990s.

Tho the rates of adult circumcision in Japan & especially southern China are way over 20% - esp. among 18-25 y.o.'s in big Chinese cities (there are circumcision ads targetted at young men everywhere there - billboards, newspapers, inside buses, radio & TV commercials). To my knowledge, none of my relatives in the US has been cut (incl. immediate family) - whilst at least 7 of my cousins in southern China have been (spent a long holiday there not long ago, found out so much about it - and my cousins!).... ;)

Reactions: long legs

navynmd

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Partly influence from the US, where thousands of US servicemen have been based - young teenage boys compete with each other to see who's brave enough to be cut first. The same in The Philippines - but that predates any US involvement. Taiwan also had high levels, but have fallen dramatically since the mid-1990s.

Tho the rates of adult circumcision in Japan & especially southern China are way over 20% - esp. among 18-25 y.o.'s in big Chinese cities (there are circumcision ads targetted at young men everywhere there - billboards, newspapers, inside buses, radio & TV commercials). To my knowledge, none of my relatives in the US has been cut (incl. immediate family) - whilst at least 7 of my cousins in southern China have been (spent a long holiday there not long ago, found out so much about it - and my cousins!).... ;)

Interesting I figured we influenced s Korea some but that’s a high bit of influence

Wei

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
That map has too wide a range...US and Canada appear to be the same... based on color. Based on board members here. The circ rate in the US is a lot higher than Canada.

Agree with you about the map having too wide a range, and much higher prevalence in the US.

Misleading map.

The range of 20% - 80% is certainly not specific enough - but it does appear that, for example, Canada and Australia fall within that range, as does the US. Currently around 57% of adult Australian males are circumcised (having mostly been cut at birth) - tho rates have fallen dramatically in recent years - as they also have in Taiwan...

Mikehard9

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I heard a theory that american hospitals charge money differently than the nhs system we have in england .

When a baby is born in USA the circumcision is charged onto medical expenses and the hospital gets more money from insurance ......so basically hospitals like to cut as it makes them more money and profit .

Reactions: Wei and BaddJack

I heard a theory that american hospitals charge money differently than the nhs system we have in england .

When a baby is born in USA the circumcision is charged onto medical expenses and the hospital gets more money from insurance ......so basically hospitals like to cut as it makes them more money and profit .
Correct.

Reactions: bc655 and Wei