Forced Sterilization in North Carolina

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Thousands of people in North Carolina have carried around a painful secret. They were victims of the state's eugenics program. It's a program that sterilized 7,600 people labeled as mentally ill, mentally challenged, promiscuous or even poor. State officials estimate that nearly 3,000 of the victims are still alive. The program existed up until the late 1970s.

NC Sterilization Victims Scream, Shout At Public Forum | digtriad.com

What's even more insulting is how some officials in North Carolina think the issue could be settled if these victims were paid $20,000. Seriously... WTF?!

D_Amadeus_Mofart

Account Disabled
Media
Similar legal case erupted in the UK few months back about a man deemed "too stupid" to reproduce, and got his rights to reproduce legally taken away. You should google it, there was much debate around it.

Ty

D_Fiona_Farvel

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I think a majority of U.S. states engaged in similar programs, but at least there were laws involved and restitution, even if an insult, is available for some areas. For disadvantaged and minority women, particularly Black, Latino, and Indigenous, there was a practice of sterilizing young women during gynecological exams or after giving birth, even through ridiculously high hysterectomy rates, without informed consent or merely hiding the procedures.

Some would argue the practice continues, though less openly, through sub-par medical care and other failures to exercise appropriate care with regard to sexual health education and reproductive care (minority women, particularly Black, still have the highest hysterectomy rates) and I would agree. Indeed, I find it telling that sterilization, although chemical, remains on the table for many people who wish to end welfare and other state programs for women and children.

Some links -
Ms. Magazine Online
The Straight Dope: Were 40% of Native American women forcibly sterilized in the 1970s?
The Politics of Women's Health - Sterilization Abuse - Our Bodies Ourselves
Sterilization of Puerto Rican Women

Last edited:

Pierced1953

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
the things that are done in the south are all constructed by the church of the land [baptist] and who make the laws and all politicials who are bought and sold by the baptist church have no morals and consious, only to get rich and have this power thing that is nothing more than legalized salavery. yes this dones exsist, even today, in the great bible belt.

read up one one of the biggest area of a mental hospital in the the state [morganton,nc],om sure you will find this very interesting if you can get any true facts. the south has an excellent record of being the most corrupt states in the country, tn. now leading. back in the 80's nc completely sold out it's textile industrie leaving ghost towns thru out western carolina. guess who's family got so rich from it, the edwards family. now try to find the real truth and it will show you how strong and powerful the south is with it's corruption. i doubt you will find much. if al capone would have had southern advisors he would have never gone to jail. i really beleive that the fbi today is still afraid to venture their ass to many parts of the south. believe it or not hillbilly fueds still exsists, scamming many retirees and people who relocated for the better and cheaper life are all completely disgusted, willing to lose just to get out of here. i'm not quite in the same boat, but would love to get the fuck out of here.

it doesn't supprise me at all what they would do to woman, espically blacks. women here are treated just like women in the middle east, to some difference, not covered with only eyes showing, but kept naked, bare footed and pregnant, sold for sex by their own family, even traded for like a goat, just miles from the great new governor they elected.

a company called clc in knoxville,tn hires people for asplungh, no women hired, no over weight people and nobody who doesn't sign papers releasing every responsibilty of both companies of any fault if you get injuried. these are muliti million dollar contracts for road service. everyday a white person is replaced by a non speaking cuban, saying that the locals are not willing to work, [12 hour days, six days a week, no breaks, except for lunch, parked in the sun during the 90+ degree temps and no excuses for being late or not showing. it's nothing but legalized slavery and it's very obvious that the great leaders of the south have their hands out for taking in the cash.

what confusses me is they hate obama [i guess because he's black] , yet they both think a like. completely immoral assholes selling out america, depressing the people into poverty, without any concerns for human life in this country, yet their all christians and at their fucking church every week. i always wondered why my father never wanted to return to his native born state [nc], i guess because he was a decent man and never hated anyone because of color, race, etc.......

maybe someday this country will notice that the south is a major pain to the wallet of the tax payers and completely out of touch with reality, as they are with treating human beings as humans. this should be a lession on how generous we should be when we win a war, of course we haven't done that in a long time.

this country is no different than china, they breed for boys to help on the farm, they breed for girls to trade goats, if they don't need the trade, they just fuck em.

where in the fuck have you people been, listening to those fucking BS speeches from obama. shame on you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

parr

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Didn't "NAZI GERMANY" do the same thing with the undesirables.

Mensch1351

Cherished Member
Media
In the only other State that begins with "K"!
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Didn't "NAZI GERMANY" do the same thing with the undesirables.

And I have come to believe --- sadly so -- that if the Republicans ever get full power (just take a very very close look at the Michigan Governor and his antics and that of his legislature!) For "cost" savings and the "good of the State"
Homosexuals will be executed:
Mental incompetents will be executed:
Repeat Felons will be executed:
Anyone over 90 will be silently but methodically "unplugged"
And those who have just stopped contributing to society and are now draining it ---- well............you get the picture!
And they'll have the Supreme Court to back them up!!

By the way --- just pray pray pray YOU don't become one of the "undesirables"!!

Last edited:

conntom

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
And I have come to believe --- sadly so -- that if the Republicans ever get full power (just take a very very close look at the Michigan Governor and his antics and that of his legislature!) For "cost" savings and the "good of the State"
Homosexuals will be executed:
Mental incompetents will be executed:
Repeat Felons will be executed:
Anyone over 90 will be silently but methodically "unplugged"
And those who have just stopped contributing to society and are now draining it ---- well............you get the picture!
And they'll have the Supreme Court to back them up!!

By the way --- just pray pray pray YOU don't become one of the "undesirables"!!

Other than the homo part, I might move to Michigan. Homosexuals get a bad rap because so many of the loud ones are liberals....shame - really wish the right minded conservative ones would speak up more.

And as for the thread - yea - some people shouldn't be reproducing. Look at all the multi-generational welfare users and abusers.

Mensch1351

Cherished Member
Media
In the only other State that begins with "K"!
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Other than the homo part, I might move to Michigan. Homosexuals get a bad rap because so many of the loud ones are liberals....shame - really wish the right minded conservative ones would speak up more.

And as for the thread - yea - some people shouldn't be reproducing. Look at all the multi-generational welfare users and abusers.

Economics VS individual Freedom and Liberty! Quite a choice isn't it!!

Off the top of my head I cannot think of any medical procedure that the government should be allowed to do on any person, given the stances and laws that the same government passes restricting the rights of the individual themselves such as, abortion assisted, suicide, etc.

While I don't believe that people should be allowed to do whatever they want outside of the law, I also don't believe the government should be allowed that privilege either.

Forced medical procedures by our government (state or federal) make us no different than the countries we have waged war against and vilified in the name of "freedom" or "democracy".

MercyfulFate

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
This wasn't much of a secret. Nazi germany learned eugenics from the US. Then again the mainstream media doesn't report it, so people pretend it doesn't exist.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
This wasn't much of a secret. Nazi germany learned eugenics from the US. Then again the mainstream media doesn't report it, so people pretend it doesn't exist.

Even the most well informed person can't know or cite every single instance where eugenics may have been practiced in this country or any other without looking it up online. Also, the lack of mainstream media coverage has nothing to do with some people pretending that unethical human experimentation doesn't exist. Anyone who is versed on things like the Tuskegee Project is aware that it has happened in the past and it could easily happen again.

Regardless, it still sucks to hear about yet another incident. As if anyone has the jurisdiction to determine whether or not anyone is worthy enough to procreate and act on their convictions without consent. Hence why I started this thread.