Fordyce spots on testicles anyone?

mitchmonkey

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I recently saw a Urologist and asked him about what looked like little dark blood blisters on my testicles. I've' been shaving my balls for 20+ years, so I thought, maybe ingrowns, but that's not the case.

He defined it as Fordyce angiokeratomas, said it was common and posed no health risk and also added there is really no topical treatment just some kind of laser therapy, of course, that will remove them or reduce them, but in many cases they return.

Medical description:Fordyce angiokeratomas appear as black, blue, or dark red, dome-shaped papules ranging from 1-6 mm in diameter, with a mean of 3 mm. The overlying surface may show slight scaling.

Needless to say, I hate the look of these tiny dark spots, but aside from the occasional irratation after shaving over certain larger ones, they don't hurt. They're tough little suckers and don't burst or anything. I did pop one with a pin once and it bled a ton. I was hoping it would go away after popping, but no dice, and the doc said, never do that again.

So, anyone else have this condition and, or, know more about Fordyce that about would be helpful?

Ed69

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have one about 1/2 an inch behind the head of my cock and dead in the middle of the shaft.The doc offered to laser it off,but my insurance won't pay for it and I'm not spending $500. to have one spot taken off!

mitchmonkey

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I have 4 or 5 of these on my scrotum, but never knew what they were until now. They've never bothered me as they are quite inobtrusive.

I could deal with 4 or 5, but I'm about double that amount, per side, probably around 15 or 16 per side, actually. They are known to multiply with age, which is what has been happening with me, so I'm getting a little on the "okay, enough is enough" side of dealing with them.

Thanks for the reply.

mitchmonkey

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I have one about 1/2 an inch behind the head of my cock and dead in the middle of the shaft.The doc offered to laser it off,but my insurance won't pay for it and I'm not spending $500. to have one spot taken off!

Yeah, that's what I was afraid of. Because it's deemed a non-health risk it would fall into the category of "cosmetic" and therefore not be covered. Seeing as I have close to 30 or more of these little spots on my sack my bill would most likely be close to three grand or more.

Thanks for the heads up and for replying!