Foreign Jobs headed back to U.S. because of rising costs elsewhere

FuzzyKen

Expert Member
Media
Though I am not planning on holding my breath on this one, news reports are indicating that many foreign jobs are going to be headed back to the United States. The "outsourcing" of jobs to many places is becoming a problem for several reasons. The first is that costs are starting to skyrocket in many of these foreign countries, and the news report indicated that one of the worst places for this is China. The second reason is that the cost of shipping the products has risen so much that the profit margins are again being attacked on that level as well. So, according to a network news report this is one major chunk of optimism.

Mensch1351

Cherished Member
Media
In the only other State that begins with "K"!
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I somehow missed this on the news or on the net -- any sources?

I'll believe it when I see it. My son told me once, "Dad --- the entire history of business in the United States can be summed up in 2 words: Cheap Labor!" That's probably true for the world also. But as so many of the threads on this section of the board deal with, those at the bottom eventually get a little weary watching ONLY those at the top live the "good life."

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
It's a report by Boston Consulting.

As I have been trying to tell some of you for a very long time, wages have been rising in China by 20% a year for some time. They think that maybe three million jobs will return to the US by 2015 or maybe 2020, I can't remember tbh. They will be low paid jobs though. Will you mind that?