Foreskin chafing

Tristessa

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
My partner has been having trouble with his foreskin, was wondering if anyone has had similar issues.

The foreskin chafes and splits after sex, to the point it's painful to pull back and sometimes even cracks open. Under the foreskin (on the glans) there are sometimes red specks, like petichiae almost. The skin sheds sometimes, leaving it red and sensitive underneath. When the cracks heal on the outside foreskin, it looks like they have maybe scarred a bit. He said it's been that way a long time (early teens at least), but it seems to be getting worse.

He went to the doctor for it in the beginning of our relationship. They diagnosed it as balanitis, and sent him home with a cortisone/antifungal cream, which hasn't helped much at all. I treated myself at the same time, and we have switched back to condoms because it's less painful for him that way. We have both been tested regularly for the usual STIs, and neither of us has ever had one.

He has eczema elsewhere, I don't know if this could be related? The doctors didn't think so, but they didn't seem particularly helpful in general. Or if it's due to his size plus the tight foreskin plus more frequent sex? He didn't have sex often before our relationship even though he's had a few 6+ month relationships . . they were petite girls who had never had sex and basically said they weren't willing to try on account of his size.

It would be nice to be able to have sex that wasn't painful for him. Any advice, or ideas on what might be the problem?

SteveHd

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
His balanitis has to be handled by a physician. It's beyond the scope of what an internet forum can deal with.

For the tightness, he could try periodic stretching of the foreskin. Once the foreskin is looser, it would be easier for him to clean it and thus help the balanitis.

Tristessa

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
His balanitis has to be handled by a physician. It's beyond the scope of what an internet forum can deal with.

For the tightness, he could try periodic stretching of the foreskin. Once the foreskin is looser, it would be easier for him to clean it and thus help the balanitis.

In the UK, they just kept sending him home with the cream, unfortunately . . which as I mentioned doesn't do much. He has a doctor's appointment in a few weeks, but I was hoping if he went there more informed, they might take him more seriously.

Anyone here have eczema and willing to PM me about it?

erratic

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
SteveHd has the right idea about tightness and stretching. As for eczema your boyfriend might try seeing an allergist and a nutritionist. Eczema often has to do with food allergies to things such as the dyes, steroids and antibiotics injected into meats and processed foods.

catman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Have you also looked at what soaps you are using? Sometimes strong dyes and/or scents can cause further irritation... something gentle? unscented and possibly moisturizing?

TLCTugger

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
If the scarring is allowed to occur repeatedly, he may lose his prepuce. He needs competent medical attention. He may have BXO/LS, which usually responds to Protopic ointment. Anti-fungals would do nothing for this.

Get him to a urologist (who has a foreskin) ASAP.

-Ron