Foreskin Cleaning

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
Another simple question.

Someone mentioned on another post that rolling your Foreskin down, and washing your dick with soap or bodywash can be bad for it.

Well heck. I always use soap and water, or Bodywash and water when I am in the shower.

Is that bad? I mean... soap and bodywash are supposed to be used on your body.. It can't hurt an uncut dick. how the heck to Cut guys get away with it?:confused: They sure didn't teach the "how to wash yourself course" in sex ed :biggrin1:

Reactions: Ace117

rabidrabbit

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Every bit of documentation about penile cleanliness I've read sticks to the K.I.S.S. mantra. Keep it simple, stupid.
You're safe to use body wash, soap whatever. And you don't need to focus more attention on your cock than elsewhere.
Don't over-moisturize and don't let it dry out and everything else will manage itself.

Bigboner

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
It appears to me that many of the myths about
foreskin
...i.e. cleaning, disease, comes for men without it.

Just for the record.

Foreskin is the NATURAL state of the male human penis.

Evolution obviously felt it superior to have it rather than not.

Humans have had
foreskin
far longer than without it.

Cleanliness of a man's penis has a direct bearing on the general cleanliness of the person in general.

Clean man = clean penis.

Dirty man = dirty penis.

There are far more males in this world with
foreskin
than not.

Circumcision arose from cultural spirituality. It had NOTHING to do with cleanliness or anything else.

Personally, I feel for all the men whom have had a part of their flesh removed without their permission. I think it speaks volumes about a society that allows baby males to be butchered yet finds female circumcision to be paramount to a war crime!

Brutal butchery reaped upon babies. :eek:

Reactions: twfarrell

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
Bigboner said:
Personally, I feel for all the men whom have had a part of their flesh removed without their permission. Brutal butchery reaped upon babies. :eek:

Well, as much as I enjoyed your comments, there are many other threads about circumcision. I would just like to make sure that I can clean it with soap and bodywash.:biggrin1:

chico8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm restoring but still get an odor there if I don't wash it soon after I cum. The advice I've seen suggests that, just like the rest of the skin, too harsh of a soap or too frequent use, dries the skin out. I certainly find this to be the case. When I shower, I don't use soap directly on the glans but just pull the skin back and let the soap running down my body rinse it out. This seems to work fine for me. The few times I have used soap on the glans or inner foreskin, it has dried out. The foreskin is mucous membrane, and just like the inside of your nose, it isn't meant to be dried out.

Common sense tells us that dry skin is much more likely to crack and provide openings for foreign bodies. The foreskin is moist on purpose, not by accident.

Obviously, there are different skin types so different guys are going to have different reactions. You should always do what works best for you. If your foreskin and glans are dry and cracked, maybe you're overdoing it. If they're too moist and smelly, maybe you need a little more soap.

Reactions: Acratopotes

Bigboner

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I've had one since birth...been cleaning it since birth. It has NEVER dried out (i.m carful of the types of soap I use in general). Ones skin can become dry after showering, that goes for arms, legs, skin on dick.

A penis with a foreskin SHOULD be washed with soap and water. It should NEVER smell. If it does...it is dirty. I tend to rise mine after pissing. Who wants to walk around with a pissy smelling dick? Promise you...leave seman or piss on an cut dick and see if it smells...it will.

Use a odorless lotion or moisturizer. The skin on your penis is built to with stand the elements it is not delicate nor easily damaged. It was here long before clothes arrived.

P.S. good advice tho Chico!

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Jeff, I've had a foreskin for almost 48 years. I do use soap to clean. As long as you are using a soap that's ok for the rest of your body, you should be just fine.

It's a pretty simple concept, really... if the soap is ok to use on the rest of your body, it's ok to clean your cock with it. I really can't imagine someone using only water for personal hygiene. I have always treated my foreskin as another few square inches of skin, and I have never had problems with it - the soap has never "dried it out," or irritated it or caused infection... and I don't have a problem with odor, either.

Dr Rock

Experimental Member
Media
who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
Sexuality
Unsure
i think the point is that you don't treat it any differently from the rest of your body. i've known people rub soap into it obsessively and then wonder why it gets irritated or damaged (people of both genders do the same thing to their assholes, predictably). basically, if you wash your skin too rigorously or too often, it will react badly, and this is more of a problem where the foreskin is concerned cos the skin there is obviously more sensitive.

omega1787

Just Browsing
Media
the way i was taught to pull the skin back and then use very little soap on the glans and then let the water run over it for a a min or two. thats they way i was taught and i never had a problem and ill be 20 in a few months

B_johnschlong

Experimental Member
Media
Guys, get over it. Washing your foreskin is like washing your hands. It takes 20 seconds and there's nothing problematic about it.

Why all this hysteric nonsense about cut cocks and foreskins? Get a fkking hobby.

Reactions: snowman 1234

hung

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Hello Jeff,

I have been washing mine for over 66 years. No problems yet. Soap still works for me.

oldredneck1

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Read an interesting article about care of the foreskin:

An intact penis is self-cleaning just like a vagina, eyeball or nose/sinus. It is quite fitting; you may have to clean the 'outside', but you don't need to wash out the 'inside'. And just like an eyeball, you may wash the 'outside' (outer eyelid), but you don't wash the 'inside' (inner eyelid or eyeball). The foreskin is amazingly similar to the eyelid in that it is two-sided skin, with one side serving a protective function, and the other side serving a moisturizing functions, and both sides serving important sensory functions (there are more functions). The eyelid and the foreskin are the two most elastic pieces of skin on the male body. All of these examples involve areas where there is an inner mucous membrane, and an outer protective (but still sensitive) area. Even the mouth (cheek and lips) qualify; the cheeks and lips are two-sided skin, with a sensitive outer layer and an extremely sensitive inner skin also featuring a mucous membrane.

A man should certainly not use soap under the foreskin. Soap can cause irritation. Overzealous cleaning with soap would disrupt the natural bacterial flora balance and immune system, identical to a woman's vagina. Both women & men produce smegma--in fact, women produce much more of it. It is the same exact stuff; even the smells are identical. Why fear it with men and embrace it with women? Women do not require "internal" washing, and neither do men. Female & (intact) male genital parts are almost exactly identical, and both function much better when uncut.

Smegma is not dirt. It is necessary, healthy, and part of the immune system and natural healthy sebaceous activity.

In general, the foreskin requires minimal care. The following suggestions will help maintain good hygiene. Only the outside of the foreskin needs to be cleaned with soap.

During retraction, the exposed part of the glans should be cleansed with water. Wipe away any whitish material (smegma) that you find there. Smegma is simply the accumulation of dead skin cells that are normally shed from the glans and lining of the foreskin throughout life. After cleansing with plain water, always pull the foreskin forward to its normal position.

user_online.gif

Reactions: drambone2001

yarraman

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
[
A man should certainly not use soap under the foreskin. Soap can cause irritation. Overzealous cleaning with soap would disrupt the natural bacterial flora balance and immune system, identical to a woman's vagina. Both women & men produce smegma--in fact, women produce much more of it. It is the same exact stuff; even the smells are identical. Why fear it with men and embrace it with women? Women do not require "internal" washing, and neither do men. Female & (intact) male genital parts are almost exactly identical, and both function much better when uncut.

Smegma is not dirt. It is necessary, healthy, and part of the immune system and natural healthy sebaceous activity.

In general, the foreskin requires minimal care. The following suggestions will help maintain good hygiene. Only the outside of the foreskin needs to be cleaned with soap.

During retraction, the exposed part of the glans should be cleansed with water. Wipe away any whitish material (smegma) that you find there. Smegma is simply the accumulation of dead skin cells that are normally shed from the glans and lining of the foreskin throughout life. After cleansing with plain water, always pull the foreskin forward to its normal position.

That maybe ok for some, but I'm still going to clean under mine,as I was taught from a boy. Soap is too harsh on your skin, I use shower gel.:smile:

ddazndd

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The easiest (effective) way of keeping a clean foreskin is to whip it with the toliet paper after urinating.

I generally just use water... but the quirks with my foreskin keeps me clean for months.

Fat Tanuki

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Mostly a "water only" person here too. Washing it with soap seems to make it smell dirtier over the day rather than cleaner.

Love-it

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have been using soap for 58 years and it is necessary as water only does not clean the skin oils at all. I do not have a problem with dry skin and the head is always shiny pink when erect.

Reactions: drambone2001

Flotiz

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Notwithstanding that I often like to take the entire shower with the foreskin retracted and the glans exposed, it is sufficient:

1) Retract the skin all the way in order to uncover the glans and have a complete cleansing.
2) Soap the glans and the entire inner foreskin (the foreskin is in fact made up of two layers, the external insensitive one always in contact with the underwear and the internal one in contact with the glans and quite sensitive). The inner foreskin among other things, as it is almost always hidden, is the part, together with the glans, more subject to the accumulation of urine and smegma as well as to the emission of bad smell.
3) Rinse immediately with water, leaving absolutely no soap or foam residues.
4) Return the foreskin to cover the glans in its original position.

Water alone is not enough. If not, there would be no point in using soap for the rest of our body parts...

Reactions: camchain
S

SirConcis

When I was uncut, as I got hard, I would manually retract foreskin and wait for it and glans to dry before starting to j/o. During that time, I would often but not all the time rub the inner skin to get any dead skin to flake off (before it becomes smegma). I think that this a huge part of the cleaning. But allowing it to dry and rubbing dead skin off.

During my uncut years, don't recall spending much time fiddling with it in shower. It was probably automatic and didn't think of it. Didn't avoid soap, but I think I became aware of need to rinse otherwise I got a weird smell on glans.

But going back to boyhood, my glans was excuciatingly painful to wash, and I suspect it was due to soap.