Foreskin hygiene ?

S

SirConcis

Nedd to be careful about use of soap. Soap residue on foreksin/glans will contribute to smell. (and can cause irritation).

dazmondo2

Just Browsing
Media
Recently I started to use something called a Crystal Body deodorant (google it) for underarms as I was sweating quite a bit... you can use it anywhere -- including feet and down below bits and I found it to work wonders for any odors great or small. Give it a try, it's cheap and will last you over 12 months with it just being a mineral salt. Just use it on your penis, groin, armpits etc. after showering. Amazing stuff really.

mandoman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Hmm, interesting about the soap..

I pull it back and wash with my body wash the same way I wash my body.. even will use my luffa on it.

There's a minor odor that comes on during the day, LOVE IT! It's not a dirty odor, just natural :)

Howdy, neighbor!

D_phn98uyp

1st Like
Media
If i do use something on my penis its usually just my shower gel that i let rinse down my body past my cock. Never has cause problems before. As for cetaphil, I think I have used it to help my foreskin when it was dry and irritated. The lotion that is.
Yeah, Cetaphil cream is good to keep the winky soft and moist. Not the lotion, just the cream. It comes in a plastic jar. The Cetaphil soap I mentioned in a previous post is what I use to wash my entire body (including the winky) and face. It's wonderful.

Ronald75

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
What technique do you use for cleaning under yours ? .. and how often? , ever get any odour problems when your working up a boner ? , i shower under mine every morning but still sometimes get odours when I'm working up a boner that I'm concerned about .

I try to wash once a week with plain water to remove whatever smegma has accumulated. Too much washing is not good because it can cause non-specific dermatitis.

If I have a smell, I can't smell it unless I retract my foreskin. The foreskin contains the smell, if any.

hunter13

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Unsure
I always retract my foreskin n use my thumbs n index fingers to gently wash my dick head under running tap water while I was taking my shower. I dun use any soaps. So far, my foreskin dun really smell. But sometime at the end of the day, it smell of urines when I retracted back my foreskin as I never retract my foreskin during pissing.

Flotiz

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Notwithstanding that I often like to take the entire shower with the foreskin retracted and the glans exposed, it is sufficient:

1) Retract the skin all the way in order to uncover the glans and have a complete cleansing.
2) Soap the glans and the entire inner foreskin (the foreskin is in fact made up of two layers, the external insensitive one always in contact with the underwear and the internal one in contact with the glans and quite sensitive). The inner foreskin among other things, as it is almost always hidden, is the part, together with the glans, more subject to the accumulation of urine and smegma as well as to the emission of bad smell.
3) Rinse immediately with water, leaving absolutely no soap or foam residues.
4) Return the foreskin to cover the glans in its original position.

As for the bad smell, at least in my opinion, in addition to washing more frequently (or using specific products) and urinating with the foreskin retracted, there is only one solution. If possible, always leave the glans uncovered in the underwear.