Foreskin Issue - Advice Needed

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by rwolfera, Jun 7, 2011.

1. rwolfera

rwolfera New Member

Hi there,

I have an issue where i cant pull my foreskin over the tip of my penis. I don't know whether i should leave it and see what happens or to go and get it checked out. I'm a bit nervous about getting it checked out as I'm 18 and hormones are all over the place and I'm a bit scared about getting a boner infront of a doc :D

I've tried pulling it over the head but when i try, it hurts.

Please give me some advice, it's all greatly appreciated.

R
    x

2. ver2go

ver2go New Member

The condition's called phimosis. There's some stretching exercises you can do, just look it up.

3. rwolfera

rwolfera New Member

Awesome, cheers for the advice.

4. crushted

crushted New Member

Albums:
    maybe you need circumcision...
    if theres a pic it would be great to give the right advice

5. uncutaussie

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Is it stuck forward or back? Eg if you cannot uncover then stretching will help, be careful not to tear any skin. A steroid based cream can help and you can often get from pharmacy over the counter. I you still have trouble in a few months have a chat with a doctor, they can probably give general advise without a thorough examination if you are reluctant, however I can assure you that you wouldnt be the first patient to spring a boner in front of them, doesn't mean anything and they know as a teen a bit of fresh air is all it takes! Probably helps with the assessment anyway.

On the other hand if the skin is stuck back in the retracted state, if you can't move it back over with some gentle squeezing and massage then you should seek urgent medical attention as it can cause loss of blood flow and result in serious long term damage.

6. scottbud

scottbud Active Member

Albums:
    Dude Doctors see boners all the time, don't worry about it. But really you should go see a Dr at least then you can get informed information from a professional who has conducted a complete consultation/exam with you.

7. erratic

Gold Member

These guys both know what they're talking about. If it's not getting infected or anything, then it's really up to you when you see the doctor...who is not going to shit a brick if an 18 year-old (who is expected to have raging hormones) starts getting a stiffy during a penis examination. Though anyone would understand your embarrassment, it is incumbent upon the medical professional to remain professional.

Meanwhile, stretching seems to work for many men - but if you try that without consulting a doctor first, I would suggest you set goals and deadlines by which, if the goals go unmet, you will consult a doctor.

8. mandoman

Gold Member

Why would it get tight? Have you ever been able to retract the foreskin?
    If you have been able to, and now can't, it very likely means you have a yeast infection, as women so commonly get. If this is true, both you and any partner would need to be treated. Anything over the counter, for women, for yeast should work on you as well.
    If you try stretching with the yeast infection, it will lead to more scarring, and more tightness. Cure the yeast, even if you have to go to the doctor to do it. Be forewarned, the cure for everything, if you are in the US, is a circumcision. All you have to say is "no", as many times as they suggest it.
    Once the yeast is cleared up, 15 minutes of daily stretching with the fingers will have you retracting just fine. In really stubborn cases, a guy may have to go to the doctor, and get a prescription for betamethasone cream. You apply it to the outside of the foreskin, and it thins the skin. Combined with daily stretching, it works in 6-8 weeks.
    This is a shorter recovery time than a circumcision, and you get to keep all your parts.
    Best of luck, and if you need any help, please, just ask.
    You worry about popping a bone for the doctor. Other guys worry about a spontaneous ejaculation. The doctor has seen it all, and it's all in a day's work for them.

9. hung

Gold Member

Albums:
    Certainly an interesting situation. The topic originator joined in 2007 and yet now claims to be 18.

What is incorrect with this picture?

10. uncut_1234

uncut_1234 New Member

Albums:
    i remember growing up being told to pull my foreskin back every time i showered, one reason was obviously to clean under it, but the other i imagine is so that it stretches correctly as you get older and your dick gets larger
    before i started masturbating it was still a bit tight when id get hard, it would pull back, but not like it does now, just work on stretching it slowly and gradually and soon it will be nice and loose

also about the boner in front of the doc
    i think thats everyones fear, but for me at least, its always the total opposite ... i get so nervous and worried about getting one, that the anxiety gets to me, and instead it kind of shrivels up a bit, the same it does when its cold out
    on the other hand, just make appointment with a female doctor, get a huge boner, and then you wont feel bad about it after :D

11. uncut_1234

uncut_1234 New Member

Albums:

wow.. good point :eek:

12. coolestguy

coolestguy Member

don't be afraid to see a dr. have it checked.

13. killerbeedick

killerbeedick New Member

Albums:
    well buddy, don't worry about it! when i was your age the same issues where there for me too... and i'm not gonna lie, it sucked, it was difficult to have sex and it wasn't great to look at either... but guess what, i kept on jackin it and playing with it... it dose stretch over time, if you see pics of my dick you wouldn't even know i wasn't circumsized, actualy one of my X gf's never even new i wasn't circumsized until 4 months into the relationship when she took a good look at it flaccid in the light lol... foreskin is very sensitive and when you get it pulled right back you will enter a whole new world of pleasure! but yes it takes a really long time, maybe there is a cream that can aid you stretch it out, do not do any surgery! if i could go back in time i would have looked into getting some cream or i would have started pumping early, that deffinetly helps stretch things out!

14. ManlyBanisters

Gold Member

You've had a problem with your foreskin for 6 months now, from Dec 2010:

Go to a fucking doctor already!!

Or maybe you just get off on these threads - I mean you never did come back with any responses on the last one. :dunno:

By the way, have you been a member since you were 14 or are you lying about your age?

Draft saved Draft deleted