Foreskin Restoration – Personal Experiences

Sapien

Experimental Member
Media
Thread Purpose:

• To allow circumcised men that are restoring or have restored their foreskins to share their experiences with foreskin restoration (positive & negative)
  • To allow restoring/restored men to share the benefits foreskin restoration has made on their sexual experiences and relationships
  • To provide circumcised men that do not have experience with foreskin restoration with information on foreskin restoration.

Input is welcome from:

• Intact men that are using restoration techniques to lengthen their foreskin
  • Circumcised men that are interested in restoration or just want to share their satisfaction or dissatisfaction of sexual experiences as a circumcised man
  • Circumcised men just interested in learning the differences between circumcised sexual experiences compared to sexual experiences of intact men and/or restored men.
  • Intact men that may have insight that would benefit restorers
  • Females that are interested in learning about foreskin restoration and the functionality of the penis (perhaps would like to support a male partner in is restoration process)
  • Straight and gay people (my experience is only heterosexual but representation from both groups is most beneficial)

Note:
This thread is not meant to be a debate thread about the pros and cons about circumcision or whether routine infant circumcision should be allowed (if you are interested in that please refer to the “Am I the Only One that Likes Circumcision Thread” or “Did anyone else see the NY times circumcision article?” – refer to links below). This thread is meant to be pure anecdotal descriptions from real people detailing their own personnel experiences. Scientific studies are not relevant here unless they are related to improving the process of restoring foreskin.

http://www.lpsg.org/65826-am-i-only-one-who.html

http://www.lpsg.org/146940-did-anyone-else-see-ny.html

Some Benefits of Foreskin Restoration:

• Ability to maintain moist shiny glans with improved sensitivity
  • Improve sensitivity of the inner skin (skin between circ scar and glans)
  • Gliding motion (movement of the penis with in the foreskin)
  • More intense orgasms
  • Reduced loss of lubrication during lovemaking
  • Reduced friction during lovemaking

Description of Foreskin Restoration:
When skin is place under tension it tries to reduce the tension. It does this by growing new skin cells (mitosis). Often people refer to foreskin restorers as “skin stretchers”. We may be temporarily stretching skin slightly but it is really the application of tension that results in skin cell growth. It is not stretched skin we are achieving – it is new skin. This process occurs in earlobes when heavy earrings are worn. There are some African tribes where wooden plates are used to elongate lips – this is the same process. The stomach skin of pregnant women is another example. There are medical procedures that are used to stimulate skin growth so that patients can grow skin for their own skin grafts. All the different techniques are similar in that they use tension to initiate mitosis.

There are specialized receptor cells in the foreskin (Meissner’s Corpuscles) that are very sensitive to light touch (similar to the palms of your hand, certain areas on the soles of your feet). These are located in high concentration at the very tip of the foreskin (Frenar Band or Ridged Band) and in the Frenulum area (Frenulum anchors foreskin to the penis and helps keep it in place). The Frenar Band is removed in all circumcised men, the frenulum is removed in most (sometimes remnants remain). Foreskin restoration cannot restore this specialized tissue that is responsible for the foreskin being highly erogenous. However, the inner skin area (skin between the circumcision scar and the glans) does contain Meissner’s Corpuscles and thus growing inner skin may increase the number of these specialized light touch receptors cells.

Foreskin restoration provides the glans and inner skin area with protection similar to those of intact men and thus can improve sensitivity that is lost over time (due to rubbing on clothing, callous like material builds up to protect the membrane and skin). The glans is really a membrane that is really meant to be kept moist (much like our eyeballs). Also, the gliding motion of the penis within the foreskin sheath provides stimulation. Restored foreskin returns this ability.

Links related to the History of Circumcision
The history of circumcision

W.D. DUNSMUIR and E.M. GORDON
Department of Urology, St George's Hospital NHS Trust, Tooting,
London, UK
The History of Circumcision

Chronology of the foreskin and circumcision
History of Circumcision

The History of Circumcision
s/o The history of circumcision

Sapien

Experimental Member
Media
As the majority of circumcised North Americans I was circumcised as an infant. I discovered that fact when I was around 8 years old when a circumcised friend disclosed to me that this was done. I was a little disappointed that someone cut off part of my penis but it really didn’t bother me. I was a kid and continued to enjoy life as kids do. I didn’t really ever see an intact penis until I was in high school (gym classes). I still didn’t give it much thought.

Towards the end of high school I fell in love with a girl and became sexually active. I definitely enjoyed my sexual experiences. Eventually we decided to get married (I am now in my mid-forties and still happily married to my high school sweetheart).

Overtime I noticed changes in my sexual experiences. At times I used condoms strictly for birth control purposes. I hated using them because I found that there was a significant reduction in sensation and thus pleasure. I tended to prefer being satisfied orally rather than use condoms.

As I aged and reached my thirties I started to notice that even with unprotected vaginal sex that I could last longer and longer. At first I thought it was great because my performance was improving. Then I eventually realized that I although I was ejaculating about the same, my orgasms were getting weaker and weaker. By the time I reached my forties the orgasm part was almost non-existent – sometimes did not exist. I still had sex to satisfy my libido but I was losing interest.

Then one day I saw a news article on surgical foreskin restoration. That day changed my life. I suddenly associated my circumcision with the decline the intensity of pleasure with my sexual experiences. Previously, I thought it was simply part of the normal aging process. Curious, I googled “Foreskin Restoration” and discovered a plethora of information on non-surgical methods.

I knew instantly that I had no choice; I had to try it. I ordered my first device and was ecstatic when it arrived. I didn’t say anything to my wife for a few weeks. I was not sure how to bring the topic up to her but we have a close relationship I didn’t want to keep it from her. Finally, I found the courage and showed her information on the function of the foreskin and brought up the topic of restoration. She was and is very understanding and supportive. She is also now very much against routine infant circumcision.

Note: It is not necessary to use a device, some successfully restore just by manually applying tension with their hands. I use a combination of manual methods and a device.

I discovered that it did not take long to benefit from the restoration process. By keeping the glans and inner skin area (skin between the circ scar and corona – normally covered in intact men) covered and protected sensitivity improves fairly quickly. However, I will not mislead anyone. The restoration process is not easy and it requires a lot of patience and devotion. Some people make progress quite easily, and some don’t. I tried a variety of methods before finding one that worked for me.

Now that I have gained some extra skin and improved the sensitivity of both my glans and inner skin my orgasms are better then they were in my youth. Now I can experience my glans moving within my skin. I can feel the glans stimulate my skin; this fantastic feeling is missing on tightly circumcised men. The overall time for me to reach orgasm has been reduced but the time involved in the build up to the orgasm has increased. As well, the intensity of the build up has significantly increased. The longer and more intense build up results in more intense orgasms and ejaculation. There have been noticeable improvements in masturbation as well but not yet as significant as in vaginal sex.

Now when my wife and I are lovemaking in situations where discretion is required, she is the one telling me that we have to be quiet. If you are circumcised and feel that perhaps your sexual experiences could be better you may want to investigate foreskin restoration. Age is not a barrier, both younger and older men can benefit by restoring their foreskins.

JTalbain

Experimental Member
Media
This is a good thread idea. I've been very inconsistent with my restoration, mostly due to the fact that I've used inconvenient methods and devices. I've made enough progress though to know that I've made a difference. At rest I resemble someone who was loosely circumcised now, and so the underside of my glans is covered when at rest. This area has become much more sensitive as a result.

I'm thinking of possibly seeing a urologist, letting him know about my plans to restore my foreskin, and coming in for occasional checkups to allow him to document my progress. One of the number one opinions made by those that don't believe foreskin restoration (or penile enlargement for that matter) is possible is that they feel people are lying, photoshopping, etc. It would be interesting to see what would happen if a journal were kept online with the independent endorsement of a medical professional. PhD, like it or not, does carry a lot of weight in our society.

Sapien

Experimental Member
Media
At least you have made some progress. What kind of methods/devices have you tried? Has the increased sensitivity resulted in better sexual experiences?

The endorsement of a medical professional would be good if you could find one that would be interested in doing. It would be fairly easy to manipulate a photo to make a penis look larger but it would much harder to fake a foreskin. I think photos of progress is fairly good evidence that restoration works. There are Doctors that have restored - e.g. Doctor Peter Ball.

JTalbain

Experimental Member
Media
I briefly tried the T-Tape method. Adhesive material all over the penis sucks. I occasionally try skin stretching, but I haven't really found any good techniques that are easy and seem like they would work for me.

I also tried an O-Ring, which gave a lot of progress at first by loosening the skin, but fell short soon after. I later discovered that this was a common problem with an O-Ring.

The main technique that I use now, when I find the time to put the damn things on, is the Multiple O-Ring method. Ended up buying an entire set of O-Rings from a site which specialized in such things for about 12 dollars, and it has 10 of pretty much any size I'll ever need. Good investment if I'm going with this technique.

Basically, I just pull the skin up, and then secure it in place with as many O-Rings, stacked in descending size order, as I can to place tension evenly over the whole penis, then I roll up a small ball of masking tape and shove it into the end in order to keep any rings from falling off.

The progress when I wear them is much quicker and noticable than any other technique I've tried, but it's a bit of a pain to get them all on (sometimes I spend five minutes trying to squeeze one more on), I can't urinate when it's on, it gets a bit sore after awhile, and taking everything off is a bit uncomfortable.

Other than that though, no negative side effects, any discoloration or swelling present when I remove it is gone within minutes. No infections, and very little upkeep. If one is trying the method though, I wouldn't recommend wearing boxers. The tugging of the tape when it attaches to your undergarments can be a bit painful (by which I mean it feels as if a tiny gremlin is considering filleting your penis), and so I try to go for the underwear which restricts the movement of my junk most effectively.

JTalbain

Experimental Member
Media
Oh and yes, my sexual experience has improved. I use to not generate any preseminal fluid (precum) at all, and once I started getting more sensation in my frenulum, I have begun to produce it normally. I had heard that some men need the additional sensitivity in order to produce precum, but it was all hearsay for me until I experienced it. Not all men have that issue though. One of my cut friends precums like a freaking faucet. :tongue:

Basically, because the whole "rig" is inconvenient to put on or remove, I've kind of decided to put off having a steady sexual relationship for the time being. I might change my mind later, particularly if I can find someone understanding who supports my efforts, and if so I'll post my findings.

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
There was a pretty good endorsement of the DTR on restore-list a couple weeks ago. I'm mostly restored. My main method was t-tape. Overall, I found it was the most comfortable for the long term. Rejuveness tape works well. Also - crap I forget the trade names. Mefix I think and Hypafix. These are made specifically to adhere to skin for colostomies and such. Come off easily with a little soap and water, but are not affected by body oils. Main thing is they are not very thick - not designed to be under much tension, so have to be replaced frequently. I usually get a day and a half or two days out of Rejuveness before it begins to tear. Your skin is next, so then you have to take it off.

I've tried the CAT and the TLC and the RECAP. All of them pinch after awhile because they use a gripping action to hold the skin in traction. That's why I've been reluctant to spend another hundred bucks on the DTR. Circ impacts blood flow in the first place. Then you put something on your dick that restricts it even more. When circulation is cut off it burns and stings. Doesn't seem like a good thing.

JTalbain

Experimental Member
Media
Hmmm.... I'll have to try the medical tapes I think. I got the masking tape under the reasoning that it was more convenient to find and replace, but I'm the manager of a drug store. What's my excuse? :redface:

And yeah, the burning sucks. When my body lets me know it's time to take off the O-Rings, it usually involves me waddling to the restroom to not make it any worse.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I have had some personal experience with guys who are restoring/have restored their foreskins. The essential part that is missing is the mucous membrane on the underside.

Without that membrane, restoration will always be about stretching the skin that's left. They may look pretty good, but they are not foreskins. They're just skin.

Sapien

Experimental Member
Media
I have had some personal experience with guys who are restoring/have restored their foreskins. The essential part that is missing is the mucous membrane on the underside.

Without that membrane, restoration will always be about stretching the skin that's left. They may look pretty good, but they are not foreskins. They're just skin.

I am not sure what you mean by the the "mucous membrane on the underside". There are glands in various locations on the penis - on the corona, the foreskin (including the inner skin that is still present on circumcised men). These "preputial" glands secrete a sebaceous substance which help keep the glans moist when covered with the foreskin. This sebaceous substance is involved in the production of smegma and the male scent.

Intact men will have more these glands then a restored man but they are still present and become more active during and after restoration. This helps facilitate the return of the glans to the "normal" moist state. Restored men can produce smegma.

If you are referring to the frenulum which is located on the underside of the penis, you are correct that usually there is very little left in the circumcised penis and restoration cannot replace these specialized cells.

Restoring inner skin does result in an increase in actual foreskin material since it is what is left of our foreskins. Shaft skin which is also grown in the restoration process is just skin as you say.

It is true that we cannot regrow a fully functional foreskin that is equivalent to the original but personally I choose a restored foreskin to no foreskin. I will take what I can get. If you lost a leg would you choose to hop around with one leg or would you opt for a prosthetic?

I am interested in clarifying what you meant - let's discuss.

Sapien

Experimental Member
Media
Hmmm.... I'll have to try the medical tapes I think. I got the masking tape under the reasoning that it was more convenient to find and replace, but I'm the manager of a drug store. What's my excuse? :redface:

And yeah, the burning sucks. When my body lets me know it's time to take off the O-Rings, it usually involves me waddling to the restroom to not make it any worse.

I used to T-Tape as well. Masking tape is not a good option. I did try the rejuveness tape as well - it was good tape but I found that it was so flexible it was hard to work with. I ended up using the 3M Micropore tape which is readily available from medical supply type of pharmacies (wasn't available at the local regular pharmacy).

Sapien

Experimental Member
Media
There was a pretty good endorsement of the DTR on restore-list a couple weeks ago. I'm mostly restored. My main method was t-tape.

I've tried the CAT and the TLC and the RECAP. All of them pinch after awhile because they use a gripping action to hold the skin in traction. That's why I've been reluctant to spend another hundred bucks on the DTR. Circ impacts blood flow in the first place. Then you put something on your dick that restricts it even more. When circulation is cut off it burns and stings. Doesn't seem like a good thing.

I T-taped for 6 months or so. I know some people have good success with it but I was not good a controlling tension and after every few days would end up with irritated skin.

I have tried the CAT, TCL and DTR. I prefer the bi-directional devices. There is little difference between the CAT and DTR so you are right in not investing more money into it. Currently, I am using the MySkinClamp - it is a stainless steel device that is made in Australia. I couldn't use it when I first got it because I just didn't have enough skin.

Recently I tried it again and it works great. It is tapered like the TLC tugger but it is also a bi-directional device. Since it is heavier than most devices its weight also contributes to the tension. I don't find that is pinches, though I only use it for 1 to 1 1/2 hours and then rest for an hour or two. I find by cycling with rest periods my progress rate has improved.

dxj - I believe that I saw a recent post of yours in another thread that you are almost finished restoring. You most have noticed some significant improvements in your experiences...

Sapien

Experimental Member
Media
The main technique that I use now, when I find the time to put the damn things on, is the Multiple O-Ring method. Ended up buying an entire set of O-Rings from a site which specialized in such things for about 12 dollars, and it has 10 of pretty much any size I'll ever need. Good investment if I'm going with this technique.

I was thinking about trying O-rings as well. When I first started I used one or two for retaining purposes but they kept falling off. Some people like the O'ring method because it may lead to a better foreskin taper when you are finished (similar to tape) since the skin is not stretched over a device.

Oh and yes, my sexual experience has improved. I use to not generate any preseminal fluid (precum) at all, and once I started getting more sensation in my frenulum, I have begun to produce it normally. I had heard that some men need the additional sensitivity in order to produce precum, but it was all hearsay for me until I experienced it. Not all men have that issue though. One of my cut friends precums like a freaking faucet. :tongue:

I have always been like your friend that is like a "freaking faucet" - perhaps not quite as much as when I was younger but I still produce a lot. Thus haven't really noticed much of a change. From what I here it is quite common to have an increase in precum production. That is good.

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
dxj - I believe that I saw a recent post of yours in another thread that you are almost finished restoring. You must have noticed some significant improvements in your experiences...
Well, yes. I was always ripped off with sexual sensation. Didn't know better. Almost anorgasmic in mid-thirties. It works better now than it did in my teens.

I wish you would quit saying there are glands in the foreskin. That is erroneous. Please read John McGrath's The Frenular Delta. Bottom of the second page.

Here. I'll quote it for you:

Finally, a comment on what is probably the longest enduring myth in anatomy. To the present day,
textbooks still asset the presence of glands in the mucosa of the sulcus, especially on both sides of the
frenulum, despite the existence of these so-called Tyson’s glands being rejected by many European
investigators as far back as 1884.8 The problem has arisen because of the finding of Tyson’s paper of
1699 on the orangutan was interpreted as applying to humans, which it does not.9 No actual description
of them in humans exists and a number of modern investigations have failed to find any glands in the
inner prepuce or sulcus. 10-13 My colleague, Christopher Cold, and I have also failed to find any glands in
ths region. The 1904 comment of Keith and Shillitoe best sums up this myth: ‘It shows the strength of
the faith of anatomists that they have for nearly two centuries described glands which have not, and
never had, an existence.’8 It remains to observe that smegma is epithelial debris shed from the mucosa
suspended in a proteinaceous fluid; 12,14 Taylor and I believe this fluid to be a transudate — extracellular
fluid that leaks out from betwen cells that have no tight junctions.15

JTalbain

Experimental Member
Media

I know what you mean here and I'd actually considered that. I believe you're saying that the other skin on the penis, the skin between the circumcision scar and the glans, is essential, or the entire foreskin will just be elongated shaft skin, inside and out. Correct?

Considering that those with fully intact foreskins sometimes choose to lengthen them through stretching excerises used by restorers, I don't see why it wouldn't be possible to lengthen this portion as well. You can target this skin with a stretch by gripping at or slightly below the glans with one hand, and tugging downward with the other at or slightly past the circumcision scar.

If you actually don't have any of that tissue left though, then yeah, you're pretty much screwed. The skin you develop may still be good for keeping your glans protected, however, so the time spent may not be a total loss.

As a note, I did not have my frenulum removed when I was cut. I'll count my blessings on that matter.

Sapien

Experimental Member
Media
Well, yes. I was always ripped off with sexual sensation. Didn't know better. Almost anorgasmic in mid-thirties. It works better now than it did in my teens.

I wish you would quit saying there are glands in the foreskin. That is erroneous. Please read John McGrath's The Frenular Delta. Bottom of the second page.

Here. I'll quote it for you:

Finally, a comment on what is probably the longest enduring myth in anatomy. To the present day,
textbooks still asset the presence of glands in the mucosa of the sulcus, especially on both sides of the
frenulum, despite the existence of these so-called Tyson’s glands being rejected by many European
investigators as far back as 1884.8 The problem has arisen because of the finding of Tyson’s paper of
1699 on the orangutan was interpreted as applying to humans, which it does not.9 No actual description
of them in humans exists and a number of modern investigations have failed to find any glands in the
inner prepuce or sulcus. 10-13 My colleague, Christopher Cold, and I have also failed to find any glands in
ths region. The 1904 comment of Keith and Shillitoe best sums up this myth: ‘It shows the strength of
the faith of anatomists that they have for nearly two centuries described glands which have not, and
never had, an existence.’8 It remains to observe that smegma is epithelial debris shed from the mucosa
suspended in a proteinaceous fluid; 12,14 Taylor and I believe this fluid to be a transudate — extracellular
fluid that leaks out from betwen cells that have no tight junctions.15

My humble apologies. You are as usual correct. I saw a reference on the NORM UK site and misinterpreted. I also referred to another internet article that was outdated. I have a very busy lifestyle so my research and response time is limited. This sometimes leads to assumptions and poorly worded postings.

Thanks for correcting me.

JTalbain

Experimental Member
Media
My humble apologies. You are as usual correct. I saw a reference on the NORM UK site and misinterpreted. I also referred to another internet article that was outdated. I have a very busy lifestyle so my research and response time is limited. This sometimes leads to assumptions and poorly worded postings.

Thanks for correcting me.

I'll be damned, a courteous discussion involving foreskin? Will wonders never cease? :biggrin1:

Yeah, that mistake is fairly common. Most of the studies done on the structure of foreskin are fairly new (within the past 15 years), and as such haven't had time to become well known yet. How exactly did mankind take so long to come up with an excuse to examine his favorite parts up close "IN THE NAME OF SCIENCE!!"?

Tally

Experimental Member
Media
At age 53 I was facing prostate surgery. While researching my surgery I discovered what circumcision really means. Up until then, being circumcised was normal to me and I never thought about it. But, I identified with the stories from guys who said that they had lost sensitivity in their penis and that it took them longer and longer to ejaculate during sex.

After just a few hours of researching I immediately began manual tugging to restore. I did this with a catheter inserted to relieve urinary retention caused by my enlarged prostate. My prostate surgery was a success and I have continued manual tugging.

Now, after just over a year of tugging, I have full flaccid coverage that is about 90% reliable. With the coverage comes a return of the mucosal state of my glans and inner foreskin remnant. My glans and inner foreskin remnant are not smooth and shiny and much more sensitive than I ever remember them being.

My female partner used to get sore from sex and we needed lubricant. Now, she does not get sore and we don't need lubricant. She was the first one to notice the gliding effect from my shaft gliding within my new foreskin during intercourse. We both enjoy sex a whole lot more now that I have a restored foreskin.

Tally

Experimental Member
Media

I know what you mean here and I'd actually considered that. I believe you're saying that the other skin on the penis, the skin between the circumcision scar and the glans, is essential, or the entire foreskin will just be elongated shaft skin, inside and out. Correct?

Considering that those with fully intact foreskins sometimes choose to lengthen them through stretching excerises used by restorers, I don't see why it wouldn't be possible to lengthen this portion as well. You can target this skin with a stretch by gripping at or slightly below the glans with one hand, and tugging downward with the other at or slightly past the circumcision scar.

If you actually don't have any of that tissue left though, then yeah, you're pretty much screwed. The skin you develop may still be good for keeping your glans protected, however, so the time spent may not be a total loss.

The inner foreskin remnant extends from the corona to the circ scar. Some doctors try to minimize that tissue during the circumcision. I heard that this practice was common in Ireland years ago. :eek:

When I started restoring I had about 1 inch (25mm) of inner foreskin. I have since increased it to about 1-5/8 inch (40mm). I am focusing my restoration efforts on the inner foreskin to increase it further because it is very sensitive tissue. Unfortunately, my inner foreskin remnant grows at a much slower rate than my outer skin.

But, there are other benefits to restoring than just have lots of inner foreskin. My glans has dekeratinized by being covered with my foreskin. It is now smooth, shiny, and very sensitive. When I started restoring, I demonstrated the loss of sensitivity to my wife by taking a ruler and smacking my glans. She jumped from the sound of the smack. I barely felt it. Now, my glans is so sensitive that I would not attempt that trick again. :cool:

Also, the restored foreskin is a skin tube that provides a gliding motion during masturbation and intercourse. I now have a whole new way to masturbate and it feels really good. :biggrin1:

So, although the inner foreskin is a critical part of our penis, I am still very glad to have restored considering the other benefits. I will never have a foreskin like the one that was taken from me, but my restored foreskin is doing a pretty good job of making me and my partners happy.