Foreskin Restoration

Dag: Foreskin Restoration

I'm not totally sure where to start this (...and possibly this has been started before) topic, but The Healthy Penis section sounds right to me.

I thought, sinse most of you already know, I'm undergoing Foreskin Restoration. I have been doing this part-time for the past 3 years. Recently, I have received several emails from guys here who have forwarded me links, encouragement and one even sent me of foto of myself from my old 'restoration' (which no longer exists) website: RestoringBranden.com

I thought I'd start this discussion with a few questions:
01. How many of you, who are cut (of course) have thought about restoring their foreskin?

02. When you 1st heard of foreskin restoration, what was the 1st thing that came into your mind?

Cheers - Dag

txquis

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
i am cut.
i have never seriously considered restoration because
i always assumed there would be some small amount of pain involved.
The first thing that comes to mind is "stretching".
YIKES.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Though I'm not cut, I'd like to add that foreskin restoration just gives you a cosmetic foreskin; it doesn't restore the nerves or other tissues.

Dag: txqis, we all know your cut! we can all see your pretty cock pix everytime you post. ;)
also, i had the same reaction as you just stated. "...pain involved."
i've been stretching my shaft skin (btw, the technique is called 'manual tugging') for over 3 years now and never had any pain. basically, if it hurts... you stop! it usually means you have gone to far.

jonb, you wrote: "Though I'm not cut...". I envy you!
"foreskin restoration just gives you a cosmetic foreskin", your absolutely right. Once your cut... you are CUT! The nerves, the viens, and all or most of the skin, your foreskin is long gone. But, there is still some hope for us cut guys who want to regain some foreskin. The benefits of a restored foreskin are the same as a real foreskin. Well for the most part the benefits are... 1st, your glans (your dick head) will stay covered and moist, like it was intended to be. Guys who are uncut will know what I mean. The glans was designed to stay covered, not wide open, like being cut. This allows the glans to stay protected and (this is the best part) ultra-sensitive! Guys who are cut usually need loads more lube or spit to aid in getting-off or sex. The glans of cut guys aren't as sensitive as uncut guys. ...hmmm... hope I'm making sense & not losing you guys here.

Please, keep posting... this is great motivation!

Cheers - Dag

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
[quote author=Dag link=board=health;num=1058200962;start=0#3 date=07/14/03 at 16:53:07][jonb, you wrote: "Though I'm not cut...". I envy you![/quote]
Unfortunately, my life expectancy, for unrelated reasons, is 46.

"foreskin restoration just gives you a cosmetic foreskin", your absolutely right. Once your cut... you are CUT! The nerves, the viens, and all or most of the skin, your foreskin is long gone. But, there is still some hope for us cut guys who want to regain some foreskin. The benefits of a restored foreskin are the same as a real foreskin. Well for the most part the benefits are... 1st, your glans (your dick head) will stay covered and moist, like it was intended to be. Guys who are uncut will know what I mean. The glans was designed to stay covered, not wide open, like being cut. This allows the glans to stay protected and (this is the best part) ultra-sensitive! Guys who are cut usually need loads more lube or spit to aid in getting-off or sex. The glans of cut guys aren't as sensitive as uncut guys. ...hmmm... hope I'm making sense & not losing you guys here.
Thanks for the info. I forgot that cut guys need lube of some kind. Probably because my homosexual experiences consist only of all-uncut circle jerks. I've seen other penises, but I've never touched them.

Dag: Since circumcision has been discussed here previously, I felt that some of you might be interested in the commenting on the growing movement in the US for men to attempt to restore at least a semblance of what they lost when they were circumcised. Using a simple ring of tape to hold the skin forward under slight pressure, I achieved pretty much full soft coverage in about one year. The following is part of what I posted a few months ago to a circumcision forum in response to questions from the moderator. It is therefore written in interview form:

Hart, you've mentioned you attempted foreskin restoration. What
would motivate you to do so? Did you just read about it on a skin board and decide it would be neat to try?

Three years ago this month, I first entered the word "circumcision"
into a search engine. As you can well imagine, I was absolutely
overwhelmed by the sheer number of anti-circ websites and the ferocity of the sentiments they expressed. I was both fascinated and horrified to learn what I had lost by having been circumcised as an infant. That was far from the beginning of my obsession, however.

Or, did you know someone who had tried it and liked the results?
No, I still haven't discussed the matter with a living human being
except through the (imagined?) anonymity of the Internet. Were you bothered that you were circumcised at birth-felt that you would be better off with a foreskin?

I was always curious about what my foreskin would have looked and
felt like. Some of this I've posted elsewhere so I hope I'm not boring anyone with my story. I really think my interest in the subject began at 7 or 8 when my same-age, uncut cousin and I compared our little boy equipment. He laughed at mine and announced that it looked as if someone had smashed the end of it with a hammer.... not exactly music to my ears. He thought his was the "proper" sort since, I assume, his father and older brother were uncut as was, and this didn't help, my own father. So I felt that I had something missing. I always furtively read anything I could find about circ including my mother's well-worn copy of Dr. Spock's handbook for raising healthy children. He had said that it would be a good idea to have the baby boys cut "to look like daddy". Well, obviously that wasn't the reason for mine. Born in the 1950's in a military hospital in Texas, there was probably no question of NOT cutting the newborn boys quickly and thoroughly. Growing up where and when I did, there were almost as many uncut boys as cut ones. I remember in high school making list of who had which kind of penis (with initials and codes in case it was discovered). I still remember who went into each column. Anyone else ever do something similar? In the past couple of years, I've read a great deal about teasing of uncuts in the US but the only ribbing I ever heard going on in the locker room was about penis size, not circ
status. Since I always thought uncuts looked sort of mysterious and exotic ("other man's grass" syndrome) and had never heard the drawbacks of having a foreskin, I was easily influenced by the restoration sites. I do remember my former wife having a co-worker who insisted that her fiance be circ'd before marriage and I heard of a young gay man who was cut without his parents' knowledge because they "were old and wouldn't understand". So I knew uncut status could be changed but not the other way around. I remember reading something in a medical advice column many years ago. A man wrote in and said he had asked his doctor about a circumcision reversal. The physician flippantly replied that he would be happy to re-attach the missing part if he would simply bring it with him to his next appointment. I thought that was that.

What changed your feelings about restoration?

The negatives are probably what makes any man want an adult circ:
Occasional odor problems, stickiness, trapped hairs, negative
response from partners......

Are you satisfied with where you are now or plan further changes in the future?

The positives are having a smooth, shiny and healthy-looking glans
and greater sensitivity to light touch. J/O is tremendously improved
and I can always hold the skin back and use lube as I had always done
prior to restoring. I think about having a revision almost every
single day, but I'm afraid of losing my inner skin in the process.
I've read posts and had personal messages from probably a dozen men who told their urologists they wanted a high cut (leaving lots of
sensitive inner skin) and ended up with shaft skin stitched to the base
of the glans (or VERY close to it). I just want to be very certain that
I'm making the right decision so, for now, I'll make the most of my "hybrid" penis.

What is your image today of "perfection"?

This will sound very indecisive but it would probably be a very high-
and-tight cut OR a neat, snug-but-easily retractable foreskin with
a bit of an overhang. I can find beauty in both but I guess I
find "in-between" to be sort of uninteresting. In between, of course,
is exactly where most of us would fall on that cut/uncut continuum.

You are certainly entitled not to answer any of these or all if you wish.

John, I must admit that I was slightly taken aback when I read what
you had posted for me. However, after you've been so open and honest and so supportive of my feelings, I felt it was only fair to try to
answer all your questions. I appreciate your interest and hope some
of this might be somehow helpful to someone else.

I appreciate your comments to our message board-your situation and perspective seem to be as unique as mine, although completely different.

I suppose that, in a way, I've experienced the best and worst of
being both cut and uncut. Other adult males can say that but the
change has usually occurred from the other direction. Before anyone says that a restored "hood" can't be like the real thing, I know that. Most of those who have seen my pics do say that mine at least LOOKS pretty authentic. - Regards, Hart

loads more info on www.measurection.com
http://www.measurection.com/forums/...r=28498&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

throb919: 01. Absolutely...and even taped for awhile. Guess I wasn't dedicated enough. Probably the same reason I won't excel at PE. Just can't seem to turn my dick into a hobby, y'know...? (Or a do-it-yourself project...)

02. Really? I can have it back...?!

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I have seen dudes here in New Orleans who have undergone foreskin restoration surgery, purely for cosmetic reasons, I assume. Most of them have experienced very natural looking results. I would not known that their prepuces were add-ons had I not been told.

Dag: [quote author=DoubleMeatWhopper link=board=health;num=1058200962;start=0#8 date=07/16/03 at 06:58:50]I have seen dudes here in New Orleans who have undergone foreskin restoration surgery, purely for cosmetic reasons, I assume. Most of them have experienced very natural looking results. I would not known that their prepuces were add-ons had I not been told.[/quote]

DMW, I've never knew anyone who had foreskin surgery. I've been told surgery is the worse thing you could do and that you'll end-up having a frankenstien cock with a scar where the new foreskin attaches to the shaft skin. Not pretty. So, have you actually have seen their new foreskin? Hmmm... maybe I should look into surgery? I would do it partly for cosmetic reasons and partly because I should have one!

Cheers - Dag

Dag: Interesting article:

Foreskin Foresight

The BBC's Matt McGrath reports from the AAAS meeting in Anaheim.

The discarded skin from circumcision operations is providing the cells scientists need to make spare tissue for transplants.

It is an amazing revelation, but the moral climate in the United States and the demand for transplant surgery has forced researchers into innovative ways of thinking.

"From one foreskin we can get enough cells to make five million implants for diabetic foot ulcers," says Dr Gail Naughton, President and Chief Executive Officer of Advanced Tissue Sciences, a leading company in the field of tissue engineering.

"So right now we have enough cells present for years and years of successful treatment of these patients." Scientists have always had the dream of growing organs for transplant in lab.

They started with cells and by placing them on a template they have managed to grow parts of organs and pieces of bone. But their most successful efforts to date have been in growing skin, which has been used on burns victims and those diabetic foot ulcers.

Foetal tissue

Sourcing the cells to start with, however, has been a major hurdle. Pro-life groups have objected to the use of foetal tissue, and the size and strength of this lobby has made the use of these cells very difficult in North America.

But the need for donor tissue is growing. Every 11 minutes, someone new gets added to the list of patients in the United States waiting for a transplant.

It is a major problem experienced in most advanced countries where the technology has become a victim of its own success - transplants work and an educated public are not slow in demanding the life-saving surgery if that is what is required.

Many scientists have high hopes for stem cell research. Stem cells are the "parents" of all the tissues in the body. If these cells can be controlled and directed, lab-grown tissue may well become very big business.

The US Government's decision this week to fund the research - even though it too has ethical problems attached - will greatly accelerate the technology. Although, any benefits are sure to come too late for some.

An explosion in hepatitis C infections will push up the demand for liver transplants by over 100% in the next 10 years.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/sci/tech/specials/anaheim_99/261011.stm

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Well, the demand for stem cells is amazing. I prefer gum cells off children's teeth, though they only have limited use (muscles and nerves).

If we could only find a way to culture stem cells indefinitely...Until then, anyone with ethical qualms can just open Haeckel's book. ::someone whispers to me:: What? Discredited a century ago?

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
[quote author=Dag link=board=health;num=1058200962;start=0#9 date=07/16/03 at 15:59:05] I've been told surgery is the worse thing you could do and that you'll end-up having a frankenstien cock with a scar where the new foreskin attaches to the shaft skin. Not pretty. So, have you actually have seen their new foreskin?[/quote]

As with any type of surgery, there's no guarantee that things will turn out as expected, and I have seen a couple of Quasimojos thanks to foreskin restoration surgery. However, in the past few years, the necessary technology has been improved upon in leaps and bounds. An attractive artificially constructed foreskin is quickly becoming the rule rather than the exception.

Dag: [quote author=DoubleMeatWhopper link=board=health;num=1058200962;start=0#13 date=07/16/03 at 18:48:59]

As with any type of surgery, there's no guarantee that things will turn out as expected, and I have seen a couple of Quasimojos thanks to foreskin restoration surgery. However, in the past few years, the necessary technology has been improved upon in leaps and bounds. An attractive artificially constructed foreskin is quickly becoming the rule rather than the exception.  
[/quote]

DoubleMeat,  thanks for the update! I'm going to do some research on cosmetic/artificially constructed foreskin surgery. I AM SO FUCKIN EXCITED NOW! Shit, just image having a foreskin! 'We can rebuild him... even better then before' - The bionic-man! Where do I begin? Google? Calling all plastic surgeons...

Thanks - Dag

throb919: Why do I hear the line from Field of Dreams in my head...?
"If you build it, they will cum..."

Dag: [quote author=Pecker link=board=health;num=1058200962;start=0#16 date=07/17/03 at 14:01:27]Hmmmm.. probably the most expensive square inch(es) of skin in reconstructive surgery![/quote]

Pecker, it probably will be very expensive! $$$
Ooooooooh! I found some info!!

MALE COSMETIC SURGERY
uncircumcision or reconstruction of the male foreskin

We now know that the disadvantages of infant circumcision exceed the advantages. This is leading to a dramatic decrease in the number of these operations performed each year. But where does this leave men who were circumcised at birth and want reconstruction of the foreskin?

There is no perfect method of reconstruction. However for some men these methods are worth trying. For many a non-surgical approach using tape and stretching the foreskin can be used.

Others prefer the quicker method of cosmetic foreskin reconstruction. Several methods are described. They have in common a release of the penile skin at the base of the penis. This skin is then stretched over the glans (head) of the penis. The bare area is reconstructed using a free skin graft or part of the scrotum. In all these cases the penis will have skin on its shaft that does not match the rest of the penis. In most cases the benefits are worth this problem.

With any method the penis rarely looks the same as it would if it were not circumcised . So, as in all areas of medicine, prevention is better than cure.

http://www.phudson.com/GENITAL/uncircumcision.html

some foto's can be found here:
http://www.psurg.com/men.html

Cheers - Dag

ringer: I have been restoring for six or seven years. I finally quit the taping except occasionally at night, because I had full coverage except when fully erect. I can pull the foreskin up to cover when fully erect, but it doesn't stay. I used the simple taping method. After while, I only taped at night, and let nighttime erections do the stretching. I never experienced a bit of pain from this. I sometimes start nightime taping again, to see if I can get foreskin that stays in place over an erection, but forget after a night or two. I noticed a tremendous increase of pleasure during sex after only a few weeks, especially during oral sex, from the thinner skin of the glans.

Trackers: Why would you want to have your foreskin "restored"? IMO guys who have their dicks circumcised do it for a reason, and wouldn't look back.

[quote author=Dag link=board=health;num=1058200962;start=0#3 date=07/14/03 at 16:53:07]Guys who are cut usually need loads more lube or spit to aid in getting-off or sex. [/quote]

I agree with you to some extent, but there are times when my cut man does get off with very little lube.