Foreskin restoration

I have been thinking about doing foreskin restoration for a long time and just haven't gone forward with it yet. I know that a lot of guys on here have and I was curious about a couple of things.

Is there anyone who has restored and isn't happy with it for some reason?
Are there any aspects of having a foreskin that you weren't expecting?
Any insights?

I would really like to hear your experiences, both good and bad. I just want to make sure I am making the right decision and won't end up regretting it.

buzzrider7

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Check out my gallery. I did it for a solid two years and then off and on for the past year.
The pros are that after enough dedication, you have enough skin to jerk off with as if you had your natural foreskin (see my video -- that took me about a year.) And after about 1 1/2 years, my glans would be fully covered when my cock was smaller than normal (cold, after workouts, etc.).
The cons are that even through restoration, you cannot regain the sphincter-like skin cells that intact guys have that keep the tip puckered up. If you can grow enough skin to fully cover your glans when soft, the skin at the end may start to tighten up, but even after nearly three years, I have not reached that point. Other guys I've talked to who have made similar amounts of progress as I have say the same thing. For a success example, check out the website of Chuck, the guy who makes the DTR. (Look up DTR foreskin restoration and check out the videos on his DTR website showcasing his success. But keep in mind that this was after more than five years of restoration.) You end up with foreskin, but it's often a bit loose, which could be a con. I'd have a look at photos online of guys who have had pretty good success and see if you'd be ok looking like that. If you can meet somebody in person and have them show you, that would be best. The other major con is that you need to be wearing a foreskin restoration device for around 14-18 hours per day and keep that up for several years to see good results. But, once you get used to it, you don't even think about it much. Another huge factor is how tight your circumcision is. I started as a CI-2. (Look up foreskin coverage index to see what you are.) The more you have, the easier it is to restore. I've know guys with loose cuts (CI-3 or 4) who have made incredible progress restoring.
I'd recommend the TLC Tugger (made by Ron Lowe) to start with, and possibly the DTR once you have enough skin to graduate to that device. Ron also runs a restoration forum, though the database was accidentally deleted on the server about a year ago, so he has had to start from scratch (and thus lost tons of stories, photos, etc. from guys who have had success). I've met about 10 or so guys on LPSG who have been restoring, so that's a good place to start to. There are lots of threads on restoration in the archives.
Good luck!

Crooked Cock

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If you are a member of Facebook. There is a closed group called "Foreskin Restoration". I just joined. The people are very friendly and knowledgeable with 1,858 members. Be sure to read the rules for the group! hope this helps. CC

Reactions: elroio and jjsjr

evolution

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
What Buzzrider said.

I've been at it about 3 years also, but I've been very on & off with it. Lately I've been using a retainer all day with nothing on when I sleep. Now when I remove the retainer to pee I have to peel back the skin to reveal the glans, so I'm moving forward, but certainly not there yet. Only every once in a while will I find my soft self covered but it motivates me to continue.

As to negatives/dislikes...
I started out cut very tight, 'erections are painful' tight. But I really had a beautiful cock. Hard & soft it really was quite beautiful. Now I have a cock that (soft/semi) looks like a Shar-Pei. At this mid-point in the process it's kinda ugly, when I have enough skin that it hangs over/past the glans I'm hoping it will look better.

When you have enough skin for dekaratinization (SP?) you'll become more sensitive - that's good & bad as you relearn your normal. Sometimes it's annoying, some times it's :). Now that I keep it covered except to sleep, pee or for fun it's mainly good. No, it's not hugely more sensitive, it's subtle - but it's something where there used to be absolutely nothing in my case.

Another 'weird' thing - when you are retaining, the 'foreskin' that is now the tip of your penis... if it brushes against something (say the sink edge while shaving) your mind acknowledges the touch as on the side of your shaft (it's shaft skin pulled forward after all), but it's actually a touch to the tip. That's a bit weird/confusing to me. Imagine someone tapping you on the right shoulder & you feel the tap on your left shoulder. It's just an oddity you'll come across on the journey. FYI.

I was happy to stop once things weren't tight & did for a bit.
Then I continued & was happy when I had enough skin to j/o without lube, & did for a bit.
I was happy when I could comfortably retain & started to get sensitivity on the glans & stopped stretching for a bit.
I guess I keep stopping to enjoy the successes. Need to start stretching again to get the one eyed monster. ;-)

Finally, when I stretch I am very careful to stretch lengthwise, & not width wise. I want my new foreskin as tight as possible in the hope it might grow out tight enough to stay covering the glans on it's own. It's really easy to 'stretch wide'. I'm only hoping/guessing here, but again - FYI.

Yes, one of my concerns is the appearance factor. I think that I would be happy with 3/4 - full glans coverage, not really wanting a lot of overhang. But if it is just loose skin and doesn't mold to the glans, I think it would probably look weird.

buzzrider7

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Great post! Congrats on your work, too. Do you have any photos of how you look now?

What Buzzrider said.

I've been at it about 3 years also, but I've been very on & off with it. Lately I've been using a retainer all day with nothing on when I sleep. Now when I remove the retainer to pee I have to peel back the skin to reveal the glans, so I'm moving forward, but certainly not there yet. Only every once in a while will I find my soft self covered but it motivates me to continue.

As to negatives/dislikes...
I started out cut very tight, 'erections are painful' tight. But I really had a beautiful cock. Hard & soft it really was quite beautiful. Now I have a cock that (soft/semi) looks like a Shar-Pei. At this mid-point in the process it's kinda ugly, when I have enough skin that it hangs over/past the glans I'm hoping it will look better.

When you have enough skin for dekaratinization (SP?) you'll become more sensitive - that's good & bad as you relearn your normal. Sometimes it's annoying, some times it's :). Now that I keep it covered except to sleep, pee or for fun it's mainly good. No, it's not hugely more sensitive, it's subtle - but it's something where there used to be absolutely nothing in my case.

Another 'weird' thing - when you are retaining, the 'foreskin' that is now the tip of your penis... if it brushes against something (say the sink edge while shaving) your mind acknowledges the touch as on the side of your shaft (it's shaft skin pulled forward after all), but it's actually a touch to the tip. That's a bit weird/confusing to me. Imagine someone tapping you on the right shoulder & you feel the tap on your left shoulder. It's just an oddity you'll come across on the journey. FYI.

I was happy to stop once things weren't tight & did for a bit.
Then I continued & was happy when I had enough skin to j/o without lube, & did for a bit.
I was happy when I could comfortably retain & started to get sensitivity on the glans & stopped stretching for a bit.
I guess I keep stopping to enjoy the successes. Need to start stretching again to get the one eyed monster. ;-)

Finally, when I stretch I am very careful to stretch lengthwise, & not width wise. I want my new foreskin as tight as possible in the hope it might grow out tight enough to stay covering the glans on it's own. It's really easy to 'stretch wide'. I'm only hoping/guessing here, but again - FYI.

Reactions: elroio

evolution

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Great post! Congrats on your work, too. Do you have any photos of how you look now?
Thanks.
Yes I have some photos, but I'm shy. :) You have to 'follow' me to see them.
WRT wrinkles - there seems to be a 'rollover point'. You grow more & more new skin, but it tends to resist going past the edge of the glans for quite awhile until you have grown enough skin for it to hang well over. But I'll say that's my understanding of other peoples stories & photos; I'm still at the mostly getting stuck at the edge of the glans stage.

"you cannot regain the sphincter-like skin cells that intact guys have that keep the tip puckered up"
True. I did read (on Ron's site maybe) of a guy who had his Dr. install some stitching to cause scar tissue to tighten up the tip so that it mimicked the natural 'puckered tip'.

Jefflhlee

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Unsure
I had always wanted to try foreskin restoration. However, I am too lazy, and lack the discipline to constantly stretch the skin. Also, I am cut very tight. Not much skin left to start stretching...:(

evolution

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I had always wanted to try foreskin restoration. However, I am too lazy, and lack the discipline to constantly stretch the skin. Also, I am cut very tight. Not much skin left to start stretching...:(
The no skin left to start stretching is just your lazy side coming out. :)
You could start out with ball stretching, it's basically all the same skin zone. Loosen your scrotum & you'll have more skin to pull up your cock to start your foreskin stretching journey.
Seriously (well actually that was serious), Start out with some tape & tape your skin side to side over the glans (over as in covering completely). if you can do that, you have enough skin to start stretching.

Thanks.
Yes I have some photos, but I'm shy. :) You have to 'follow' me to see them.
WRT wrinkles - there seems to be a 'rollover point'. You grow more & more new skin, but it tends to resist going past the edge of the glans for quite awhile until you have grown enough skin for it to hang well over. But I'll say that's my understanding of other peoples stories & photos; I'm still at the mostly getting stuck at the edge of the glans stage.

"you cannot regain the sphincter-like skin cells that intact guys have that keep the tip puckered up"
True. I did read (on Ron's site maybe) of a guy who had his Dr. install some stitching to cause scar tissue to tighten up the tip so that it mimicked the natural 'puckered tip'.

I have the tugger and all and couldn't get it to work at all. I am going to try again and stay dedicated. Getting cut at 14 is the main reason why I can't cum when with others... too nervous due to lack of sensitivity after I got cut

evolution

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Hey anyone have equipment they no longer use? Also, any tips on ball stretching? Which stretchers are best maybe?

I don't think there is a 'best' stretcher. some days you're tighter than others, some days my smaller ball is bigger than other days. All that means the correct size changes, so you really can benefit from having different sizes. Metal adds nice weight, but is expensive & if you pop through, you want it off quickly & they don't come off quickly. I've not tried leather, but seems a nice medium although I wonder about cleanliness & odors over time. I think the cheaper stretchy ones are a better starting point. See if you are comfortable with wearing something, get an idea of the size you like. Also, when you start you need a larger size, but will fairly quickly need a smaller size, than over time you'll slowly stretch & need smaller sizing still. You can keep adding new smaller under the old larger as you stretch, but I encourage you to start with some cheaper stretchies, figure yourself out then invest in some heavier metal.

charliesnorz

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
I don't think there is a 'best' stretcher. some days you're tighter than others, some days my smaller ball is bigger than other days. All that means the correct size changes, so you really can benefit from having different sizes. Metal adds nice weight, but is expensive & if you pop through, you want it off quickly & they don't come off quickly. I've not tried leather, but seems a nice medium although I wonder about cleanliness & odors over time. I think the cheaper stretchy ones are a better starting point. See if you are comfortable with wearing something, get an idea of the size you like. Also, when you start you need a larger size, but will fairly quickly need a smaller size, than over time you'll slowly stretch & need smaller sizing still. You can keep adding new smaller under the old larger as you stretch, but I encourage you to start with some cheaper stretchies, figure yourself out then invest in some heavier metal.

Thanks man! Do you have any in mind as for the stretchy ones you mentioned? Do you think these would work? http://shop.oxballs.com/HUMPBALLS-SUPER-ELASTIC-Cockring-OXBALLS-AJ-1077.htm

Would I have to wear a couple at once or what?

evolution

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I actually have some of those. I found them too tight to wear for very long. They list the inside diameter as 2.5". See if you can find a Velcro strap, measure 2.5 inches, mark it & put it on at that point. See if you can handle that for long. My store used to sell produce with a double sided Velcro strap in green - I don't recall if it was for broccoli, or maybe celery but if your produce aisle has anything with that double Velcro strap, it's a useful tool. The produce is good for you too. If you have a sport watch with a Velcro strap, you could even use that.... or they are cheap, you could just buy them - but that mentality yields a drawer full of unloved toys & wasted money.

evolution

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I actually have some of those. I found them too tight to wear for very long. They list the inside diameter as 2.5". See if you can find a Velcro strap, measure 2.5 inches, mark it & put it on at that point. See if you can handle that for long. My store used to sell produce with a double sided Velcro strap in green - I don't recall if it was for broccoli, or maybe celery but if your produce aisle has anything with that double Velcro strap, it's a useful tool. The produce is good for you too. If you have a sport watch with a Velcro strap, you could even use that.... or they are cheap, you could just buy them - but that mentality yields a drawer full of unloved toys & wasted money.

Look at this other product, the inside diameter is 3.75", a full 1.75" more room inside. If you're new to it, more room is probably better.
http://shop.oxballs.com/THRUSTER-Full-size-cockring-by-OXBALLS-OX-1323.htm