Foreskin Restoration

B_felipegarcia

Just Browsing
Media
It's more than a millimeter that is removed; probably closer to a centimeter. f you doubt this, take a look at the product catalogue:

Hollister - US: Obstetrics

To save people the trouble of looking it up, the assortment pack ranges from 1.1 to 1.7 centimeters.

But let's try THINKING about this for a minute. Let's say it WAS just one millimeter that was being removed. Since the foreskin that was removed would grow to be about 3" by 5" in size, an error of less than the width of the scalpel blade would make the difference between an eventual result of loosely cut and an eventual result of extremely tightly cut.

Another reason to leave the genitals of babies alone unless there is a legitimate medical reason for doing so (not just the 'potential' of a problem).

Those sizes are the sizes of the tools silly, not how much they cut.

Lampwick

Experimental Member
Media
Those sizes are the sizes of the tools silly, not how much they cut.
FelipeGarcia, after doing a little more checking, I believe that you are right. I think that the Plastibell dimensions have to do with the diameter of the device (which is matched to the diameter of the penis that it is being applied to). How much or how little is taken off is up to the judgment of the doctor.

It's still well more than a millimeter of skin that is removed, though. Since the foreskin is typically adherent to the glans in the newborn, the size (length) of the foreskin is approximately the same size as the glans. That is more than one millimeter.

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
They cut off most of the skin and underlying Colles fascia and smooth muscle from my dick when I was born. I've been looking into it for the last several years and still haven't figured out exactly why anyone would want to do this to me.

D_Iskepee_Longwoodee

Sexy Member
Media
Sorry to contradict you but it isn't a "known fact" that an intact glans is more sensitive than a cut glans. There are anecdotal comments to that effect and the Sorrells et al study demonstrated that but so far that study isn't well known. Likewise, "much more HIGHLY sensitive" is an exaggeration. The magnitude of the difference is unknown. Don't believe everything you read on the F/R forums.:smile:

And I wouldn't go so far as to say "the testing was flawed". I figure Ms Payne got the measurements she published but I see problems in other aspects: number of subjects (40), only one area on glans tested, and no testing of areas such as the corona, sulcus, and a few others that are common to both intact and cut. And then there's the problem that the foreskin, frenulum, and other non-common areas were excluded. Plenty of concerns but it might be accurate as far as it went. If they picked a dull area on the glans [there are some that are known] then they may have found "no difference".

Makes a little more sense... I figured they were being sarcastic!

You do realize that, under the right circumstances, the foreskin is supposed to slide down the shaft and leave the sensitive glans exposed, don't you? It's not there covering the head of your penis all the time under all circumstances?

I'm guessing that you're young. I'm cut, and I'm not as sensitive as I used to be. I would welcome a little more sensitivity for my glans.

Exactly...it is mobile skin...meaning that it slides back and forth for sexual relations... and is not static!

biaussiesurfer

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Hi Guys

I am about to start on DTR.

Im fairly tightly circ

A few questions

i) does ur dik tend to get bigger when u restore - both girth and length - when hard and soft
2) ONce u start to get coverage - does your head get wet - or when you are circumsized initially do those glands get cut off?
3) Does the end result actually look like a foreskin or just stretched saggy skin :)
4) Do u actually get any greater sensation restored to ur knob when you restore ? ie better feel etc during sex

Thanks guys appreciate any info

biaussiesurfer

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Hi Guys

I am about to start on DTR.

Im fairly tightly circ

A few questions that i would appreciate ur thoughts on

i) does ur dik tend to get bigger when u restore - both girth and length - when hard and soft
2) ONce u start to get coverage - does your head get wet - or when you are circumsized initially do those glands get cut off?
3) Does the end result actually look like a foreskin or just stretched saggy skin :)
4) Do u actually get any greater sensation restored to ur knob when you restore ? ie better feel etc during sex

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Hi bisurfer. Since you're actually growing new skin, your penis will be a little girthier, but it is not a big difference. If you are very tightly cut, chances are you will gain a little in length as your penile core is probably being held up inside your body somewhat when you are erect by the tight skin. Again, don't expect any significant gains, but be prepared that initially the skin you grow will allow your erection to expand naturally and you will not notice much skin expansion.

The skin does conform to your glans when it gets long enough. Expect that to take a very long time. Skin is elastic, so it will not be baggy. However, it will be more temperature dependent because the preputial lips or preputial os has been destroyed and thrown away.

There's really no glands to make your glans wet. Well, that is not exactly true. Mucosal skin does exude moisture - like the mucosal lining of your eye orbit. From what I've been able to gather, the inner foreskin has sweat glands just like all skin. Smegma is a lot like what you find in the corners of your eyes in the morning. Body moisture and dead skin cells. Nothing too dramatic.

Your last question shows a common bit of confusion. The glans is not particularly sensitive at all. Several studies have found this. Look them up. Like anything the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. What feels good is sliding the skin over the glans and lightly stretching the skin and frenulum remnant in doing so. The primary fine touch receptors in the upper level of our skin are meissner corpuscles. They are particularly sensitive to a light touch and a light stretch. Lips, fingertips and foreskin are full of them. When you restore so your penis functions more as nature intended, then you will find that sex and sexual touching are more pleasurable. In other words, you won't have to pound your pud with lube, because it will feel better to stroke it by sliding the skin.

biaussiesurfer

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
WOW - thanks mate - really appreciate the detail that you have gone into ...

... pretty much ALL sounds good to me - and Im gunna get it happening

Look forwrad to keeping u all updated with reports and PICS

thanks again
N

D_Iskepee_Longwoodee

Sexy Member
Media
Since you're actually growing new skin, your penis will be a little girthier, but it is not a big difference. If you are very tightly cut, chances are you will gain a little in length as your penile core is probably being held up inside your body somewhat when you are erect by the tight skin. Again, don't expect any significant gains, but be prepared that initially the skin you grow will allow your erection to expand naturally and you will not notice much skin expansion.

Really...why would your penis be held up inside your body? I mean how does this tight skin have any influence on what is inside your body?

Rhamiel

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Loads of resources to check out at:

Foreskin - Are You Missing Something?

Restoration is possible but it takes time. I recommend the CAT II Q, see:

Foreskin Restoration "CAT II" Stretcher

I use a previous model of this (the CAT II RO) in conjunction with a not-too-tight, 12mm polyester elastic sewn to a cat collar! - This fits comfortably under the knee. Been at it for a couple of months and gained a few millimeters of skin. Have to keep going.

The glans is an internal organ. I really resent having had my genitalia mutilated as an infant, without my consent. I feel it should be up to the individual concerned, from age 18 onwards.

RandyL

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Lots of people are speaking on lots of different issues about foreskins in this topic, so I'll just sum it all up in my opinion.

Boys should NOT be circumcised EVER, not even for religion. It's THEIR dick, so it's THEIR choice when they get to be old enough, like 18 or so.

If you were cut, foreskin restoration is a good thing. Your dick CANNOT get smaller from restoring. Think about it - you're ADDING skin. How can it possibly get smaller?

Anyone who disagrees with me is clearly and obviously wrong.