Foreskin retraction and grazes

jerkitout

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Debating whether or not to get the snip. At the moment (and a couple of months ago too), I have a couple of what I believe to be 'friction grazes' on my foreskin. And they are a nightmare to heal because everytime I try retracting the foreskin to clean under, or get an erection, the skin inevitably stretches and the grazes bleed a bit! The fact I have had this twice now makes me think its due to my having either too much foreskin or it being tight

Secondly, when I manually retract when erect (does not naturally retract), the foreskin bunches up right below the glans and feels very tight like it wants to burst. With plenty of lubricant it will retract to a certain pleasurable extent but I'm wondering whether the pain of circumcision will be worth it to get rid of these two problems? or are there alternatives?

joshnosh

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
not having had this issue myself, I can only pass along I've seen other posts from guys with this situation - a few of whom were also in the UK. the best advice seems to be to head to your GP and she/he can get you a steroid cream to apply, which, along with some regular stretching exercises, should loosen up your rigid band and make things much easier.

since you've said you can retract it, it would likely seem like an overly extreme measure to remove your foreskin. and if your GP suggests it out of the starting gate, get a second opinion.. ha ha. if you're convinced you want to be circumcised, just make sure you think about it long & hard... can't undo it once it's done. :)

jpk338

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
i.m cut, but the foreskin is very stretchable. i suggest pulling on your foreskin sideways to stretch it a little . this takes time ,but it will work. i have been stretching what little i have , and i have managed to have my head half covered. search on here for foreskin stretching ,there are alot like you here. good luck

britishboy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
not having had this issue myself, I can only pass along I've seen other posts from guys with this situation - a few of whom were also in the UK. the best advice seems to be to head to your GP and she/he can get you a steroid cream to apply, which, along with some regular stretching exercises, should loosen up your rigid band and make things much easier.

since you've said you can retract it, it would likely seem like an overly extreme measure to remove your foreskin. and if your GP suggests it out of the starting gate, get a second opinion.. ha ha. if you're convinced you want to be circumcised, just make sure you think about it long & hard... can't undo it once it's done. :)
^ I second this. Don't have much more to add.

I was having a similar issue with redness forming a ring which caused some mild phimosis. Daily application of a cream seems to have sorted it.

kutjebef

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Ive got exactly the same prolem and have postponed getting cut for 5 yrs and inally made up my mind to go for it.. Sooner or later youll come to the same conclusionid reckon

JTalbain

Experimental Member
Media
Debating whether or not to get the snip. At the moment (and a couple of months ago too), I have a couple of what I believe to be 'friction grazes' on my foreskin. And they are a nightmare to heal because everytime I try retracting the foreskin to clean under, or get an erection, the skin inevitably stretches and the grazes bleed a bit! The fact I have had this twice now makes me think its due to my having either too much foreskin or it being tight

Secondly, when I manually retract when erect (does not naturally retract), the foreskin bunches up right below the glans and feels very tight like it wants to burst. With plenty of lubricant it will retract to a certain pleasurable extent but I'm wondering whether the pain of circumcision will be worth it to get rid of these two problems? or are there alternatives?
If it's actual injury or irritation to your foreskin itself that is the problem, particularly if it is having trouble healing, you may want to ask a doctor for help. That's sensitive tissue, but they may be able to recommend something to help speed the process. While it's healing, also consider that you might want to just not retract to clean or have sexual activity for awhile. If the retraction of the foreskin is causing the graves to open and bleed, then leaving it forawrd for a little while may be for the best, you can still clean inside by submgerging in water or using a directional shower nozzle, but a couple weeks without retraction shouldn't hurt in this case.

As for the second problem, the steroid creams have already been mentioned, so depending on what exactly the problem turns out to be, that could be an aid to stretching out the skin.

Whatever it is, it sounds like a very early stage of a problem. Much too early to think about circumcision as a treatment. If you value your foreskin at all, then a little bit of maintenance on it will go a long way.

erratic

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'd do like joshnosh suggested.

Surgery, after all, is a permanent solution. Your concern not at all life-threatening, so why not try non-invasive measures first?

S

SirConcis

The problem with stretching of foreskin is that it requires that al stretching NOT be painful. The minute stretching causes wounds (whether small non visible scars inside teh skin or worse, visible wounds, then the stretching is counter productive because as it heals, your foreskin loses elasticity due to scar tissue forming.

So you need to device a stretching regimen that will, 1-wait for any current wounds to fully heal 2- is smooth enough to not cause any more wounds.

Stretching must be done with a tension that is perfectly comfortable and no sign of pain. It needs to be done gently but for long periods (as opposed to short live strong stretches)

If you are able to fully expose head when hard (with difficulty), it means your phimosis isn't that bad.

Start by using antibiotic creams under foreskin to help it heal. And then you can try oils such as pure vitamin E to help keep foreskin subtle and make it easier to stretch.

Try to document this well so that you can look at daily progress, the last time/frequency of appearance of wounds etc to be able to logically gauge your progress or not. If you need no real progress, then the big snip will be the better answer.

SamWoeV

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'd be wary of using steroid cream on any open wounds, but I'm not a medic. Try Aloe Vera cream or better still the gel from a 'leaf' of the plant its self. This is a well known remedy for skin complaints including burns. As with ALL new applications to your skin, I urge you to test the application to a small part of your body (not your penis -large or small!) - say the forearm. Few people react adversely to Aloe Vera - but caution is the best practice. If OK, then apply to your wound twice daily. It should heal up quickly. As to the future, then work on the policy of toughening up your skin down there, allowing as much time as possible to have your foreskin retracted. This may require tighter , smoother underwear, but you can expect improvements quickly. Good Luck. Incidentally I always found having a medic inspect my tool, required much courage, but that was occasionally required during my last 60 years.

Last edited:

mandoman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
It sounds like a simple yeast infection. If so, anything over the counter for a woman works just as well for a man. You could avoid a circumcision and a long healing period, for about $16 US.

S

SirConcis

The problem with foreskin trears is that if every erection causes the tear to re-open, then the tears may never heal to a point where they are strong enough to widthstand an erection without re-opening.

Leaving your foreskin permanently retracted (with tape or whatever) may be the best solution since the wounds would heal faster (dry) and not get stretched during every erection. Once fully healed you can start to wear the foreksin over head again.