Foreskin Retraction -- or lack of!

COMan: My penis (8" x 6") is uncircumcised. When I'm flaccid, I have no problems retracting my foreskin to expose the head of my penis. The problem is when I'm erect...I just can't do it. It's way too tight around my penis and I can't pull it down more than halfway down the head. I've had this problem for as long as I can remember, just never really cared about it until I started thinking about having sex.

Does anyone else here have this problem and/or know of any possible solutions? --- I mean BESIDES THE OBVIOUS, that is, circumcision.

B_RoysToy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Man, whatever you do, do NOT get circumcised before trying other things.

Using a peter pump correctly (underline correctly) for an extended period of regular pumping will stetch your foreskin.

While flaccid, catch both sides of your foreskin with fingers of each hand and pull it down, stretching it, at least after every time you urinate and other times when it's convenient.

Also, try putting a metal ring just under the corona of your dick head (while flaccid) and pull the foreskin as much over the head as possible. "Wear" it that way.

These methods, along with pumping should stretch enough to cover the hard-on head.

Is your dick head unusually large? Let us know if any of these methods are successful, COMan.

Luke

hugeUKmeat: I had this problem bigtime until a couple of years ago.

Gradually I started to pull the foreskin back bit by bit every day in the shower after the gym...not all the way back - just enough to stretch it each time.

After 3-4 months it was fine....only after one person who got a little rough with my dick got a little overexcited.... there was a smidgen of the red stuff (for a couple of mins..) and it healed and now my foreskin goes back and forth all the time!!!

I'm not recommending this to be honest, just giving my experience.....go to a damn doctor!! I know someone who had an operation to sort it out.

prepky: yes the stretching does work, however, I was wondering if this is a sudden onset, or has it always been like that, cause sometimes infection can cause the foreskin to tighten, but it has alway been like that, then evertime you go to the bathroom always try to stretch the foreskin, and especially when you are in the shower, and by stretching, first pull the foreskin out from the penis and hold it there for several seconds and do this several times, and then place your finger or fingers depending on how tight it is and slowly and carefully stretch the foreskin open, never stretch it until it hurts, but keep doing this and after a short while you will start to notice that during erections the foreskin will start to retract more and more until you get complete retraction.....and again remember never go beyond your comfort level during your stretches.....hope this helps

Prep

COMan: Thanks, you guys. I knew I could count on the forumers here for some help in this matter.

I'm going to try the stretching exercises you all recommended, but I'm steering clear of pumping.

I guess my head is "unusually large"...I don't know. Never really been able to compare it with anyone else. :D

And yes, yes, I know, I'm NOT going to circumcise; I should have made that more clear in my first post.

"These methods, along with pumping should stretch enough to cover the hard-on head." Hmmm, maybe you didn't understand, I'm trying to uncover it...

I will be sure to let you all know how it goes.

B_RoysToy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
COMan:

I have a couple of points I made in my first post, that I wish to clarify.

1) When I asked if your head were "unusually large", I should have added in comparison with its shaft. The shaft's thickness in comparison possibly could, at least to some degree, influence the covering and uncovering by the foreskin. I think the head's thickness in comparison with other penises would be immaterial.

2) When I stated my idea that pumping would stretch the foreskin enough to make it cover the head, I should have stated it differently. I should have said "to make it uncover and cover the head." My thoughts were once it got stretched, it would be free to uncover and cover. Of course, the uncovering would have to happen first.

I'm hoping all goes well with you, COMan, and circumcision won't be necessary. One of my brothers-in-law had the surgery after he was married and I know how he suffered. I do know in some cases it might be the only way to go, but hopefully you won't be one of those.

Luke

2)

Mr._dB

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
[quote author=COMan link=board=health;num=1068334530;start=0#0 date=11/08/03 at 15:26:30]My penis (8" x 6") is uncircumcised.  When I'm flaccid, I have no problems retracting my foreskin to expose the head of my penis.  The problem is when I'm erect...I just can't do it.  It's way too tight around my penis and I can't pull it down more than halfway down the head.  I've had this problem for as long as I can remember, just never really cared about it until I started thinking about having sex.

Does anyone else here have this problem and/or know of any possible solutions? --- I mean BESIDES THE OBVIOUS, that is, circumcision.[/quote]

Would it help to retract before you finish getting erect? If you're getting a deliberate erection, either via sex or self-stimulation, if you can retract just enough so that the ridged band is just behind the corona of your glans, then will it stay there when you get fully erect?

I guess I'm lucky, my foreskin fits quite comfortably.

woody: what is circumsizition, cut and uncut? I'm confused

kurios

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
A young friend of mine had this problem. He was pretty thick and when erect the foreskin would not retract.
Not having first hand knowledge I told him to try using vitamine e oil on his foresking and just continue slowly working it back and forth each time he masturbated increasing the pull back over a period of time. Within a month he was able to fully retract and thought I was brilliant.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
[quote author=woody link=board=health;num=1068334530;start=0#7 date=02/15/04 at 10:18:47]what is circumsizition, cut and uncut? I'm confused[/quote]
Circumcision is an operation in which the skin over the glans penis is removed. It's typically a religious custom; it seems to have been originally related to bloodletting. However, the medical industry started using it in the mid-19th century to keep boys from masturbating. (Others pierced the foreskin and put a metal wire through it. For girls, operation varied from clitoridectomy to burning off the clitoris with carbolic acid.) Since then, it has been claimed to cure or at least prevent every medical problem from schizophrenia to schistosomiasis. No medical association in the world recommends it, putting it in the same realm as crystals, urine therapy, and other 'alternative health practices'.

Cut refers to being circumcised. Uncut, of course, refers to not being circumcised.

Oh, and to deal with the original problem, a good way to deal with it is to stretch your foreskin forward.

Mr._dB

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
[quote author=woody link=board=health;num=1068334530;start=0#7 date=02/15/04 at 10:18:47]what is circumsizition, cut and uncut? I'm confused[/quote]

I'm going to guess that you are probably circumcised, i.e. "cut" and don't even know it. The majority of American men are cut and most have never even seen a foreskin, or if they have, didn't know what it was or how it works. There's always that one guy in gym class whose unit is different "hey man, what's wrong with your dick? It's got no head."

Here's how to tell -- does your thingy look the same when you're hard as when you're soft? If so, you're curcumcised. If, on the other hand, your acorn is covered by a sleeve of skin when you're soft, but it slides back and exposes the head when you're hard, then you're uncut.

ORCABOMBER: Mr Db. I just wanted to add my point. I have a pretty decent head compared to my shaft when I'm hard, and on it's own, the skin wont go all the way down: it'll "open wide to show the worm", but the "worm wont leave the burrow", if you follow my drift. ;)

But I have learnt how to maual pull it down and I find it really great when the head "pops" out, gets me going just thinking about it!

Mr._dB

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
[quote author=namodomok link=board=health;num=1068334530;start=0#12 date=02/17/04 at 06:34:40]

Nicely explained Mr._dB![/quote]

I'm just amazed by how many people aren't even aware that their genitals have been modified.

B_RoysToy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
[quote author=Mr._dB link=board=health;num=1068334530;start=0#13 date=02/17/04 at 07:43:08]

I'm just amazed by how many people aren't even aware that their genitals have been modified.[/quote]
Until the last few days, thanks to you guys posting on LPSG, I never knew anybody possibly could have an altered dick and not be aware of it. I'm learning more and more about manly parts these days and getting more eager to learn as I go! ::)

Luke

namodomok: [quote author=Mr._dB link=board=health;num=1068334530;start=0#13 date=02/17/04 at 07:43:08]

I'm just amazed by how many people aren't even aware that their genitals have been modified.[/quote]

I know exactly what you mean...but isn't that the beauty of this forum? Where else can you go to get advice without being ridiculed? Society makes our sexuality so forbidden, that we know more about how to hold and shoot a gun, than we do about our own bodies. (Yeah..I know..there's a few jokes just waiting to be born in that last sentence about holding and shooting your gun!!!)

B_RoysToy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Yeah, mok, the playing field is wide open. Lets examine the kinds of guns. We have shot guns, rifles, bazookas, cannons (that's the one I like), and then there are the pistols of all makes, sizes and calibers. There's gotta be stories out there! ::)

Luke :p

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
[quote author=RoysToy link=board=health;num=1068334530;start=0#14 date=02/17/04 at 09:38:58]Until the last few days, thanks to you guys posting on LPSG, I never knew anybody possibly could have an altered dick and not be aware of it.   I'm learning more and more about manly parts these days and getting more eager to learn as I go! ::)[/quote]
Surprisingly, most men don't know if it has been modified. I'm sure I'd remember body modification.

SuperJunior: i also had this problem. my doctor told me about it one day and warned me that i might tear my foreskin during intercourse. i went to the urologist and he took a look at it and then gave me the choice of circumcision leaving it alone or a dorsal slit. a dorsal slit is a short incision along the top of the foreskin. i chose to go w/ the dorsal slit and after a while i was able to pull the foresking all the way back. i was astounded by how much pleasure i had missed out on until this point. the procedure left me unable to masturbate for about 2 weeks and the foreskin was sensitive for a while (maybe another 2 weeks), but i am glad that i got it done, as my foreskin didn't even go all the way back while i was flaccid (maybe about half way).

Mighty_Joe: In talking once with a guy I met that was stationed at an Air Foce base in a city where I lived, somehow the subject of circumcision came up. I had to explain to him what it was. Duh! I never did get around to seeing if he was or not but I could not believe he was so uniformed.