Forget Obama! former Mayor Marion Barry make a run for the presidential office!

D_Kaye Throttlebottom

Experimental Member
Media
-edited - Forget Obama! Forget Hillary! Let DC Marion Barry make a run for the presidential race (couldn't update the title of the thread).

Marion Barry, former DC mayor, inspirational speaker & historian: :rofl: :biggrin:

* "The contagious people of Washington have stood firm against diversity during this long period of increment weather."

* "I promise you a police car on every sidewalk."

* "If you take out the killings, Washington actually has a very very low crime rate."

* "First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second,what can I say? I'm a night owl."

* "Bitch set me up."

* "I am clearly more popular than Reagan. I am in my third term. Where's Reagan? Gone after two! Defeated by George Bush and Michael Dukakis no less."

* "The laws in this city are clearly racist. All laws are racist. The law of gravity is racist."

* "I am making this trip to Africa because Washington is an international city, just like Tokyo, Nigeria or Israel. As mayor, I am an international symbol. Can you deny that to Africa?"

* "People have criticized me because my security detail is larger than the president's. But you must ask yourself: are there more people who want to kill me than who want to kill the president? I can assure you there are."

* "The brave men who died in Vietnam, more than 100% of which were Black, were the ultimate sacrifice."

* "I read a funny story about how the Republicans freed the slaves.The Republicans are the ones who created slavery by law in the 1600s. Abraham Lincoln freed the slaves and he was not a Republican."

* "What right does Congress have to go around making laws just because they deem it necessary?"

* "People blame me because these water mains break, but I ask you, if the water mains didn't break, would it be my responsibility to fix them then? WOULD IT!?!"

* "I am a great mayor; I am an upstanding Christian man; I am an intelligent man; I am a deeply educated man; I am a humble man."

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Marion Barry, former DC mayor, the inspirational speaker & historian: :rofl: :biggrin:
That's hilarious. I can't believe anyone has EVER taken him seriously.

Since it's well-known that he likes his illicit drugs, and since it's well-known that most politicians crusade the hardest against the things they themselves enjoy doing, would he discontinue the "war on terror" in exchange for an increased "war on drugs?"

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
...since it's well-known that most politicians crusade the hardest against the things they themselves enjoy doing, would he discontinue the "war on terror" in exchange for an increased "war on drugs?"

If that's true, he should campaign on a promise to eliminate stupidity.

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Absolutely! Everyone knows you're not allowed to point it out when a black guy demonstrates that he is hopelessly, laughably stupid.:rolleyes:

She is about 15-20 years late on this... these are all old quotes. I am puzzled why she found the time to bring back ol' Marion and parade his stupidity for all to see.

Wait, I know why... 'cause Marion Berry just endorsed Barack Obama for president and this is what the Hillary supporters do... they trash and wage gutter tactics.

It is racist to bring back quotes from a fallen and former African American leader that have no relevance to today.

These quotes are meant to diminish the presidantial campaign of Barack Obama, but they just make the OP look like a racist.

SteveHd

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I did a search of both yahoo news and google news and found no mention of a presidential bid nor him endorsing anyone.

The O/P's intent is certainly suspect.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
She is about 15-20 years late on this... these are all old quotes. I am puzzled why she found the time to bring back ol' Marion and parade his stupidity for all to see.

Wait, I know why... 'cause Marion Berry just endorsed Barack Obama for president and this is what the Hillary supporters do... they trash and wage gutter tactics.

It is racist to bring back quotes from a fallen and former African American leader that have no relevance to today.

These quotes are meant to diminish the presidantial campaign of Barack Obama, but they just make the OP look like a racist.

Actually tripod, she's been supporting Obama in the other threads. She's said some very nasty things about Clinton.

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
As it gets closer to "crunch" time, expect the racists (on both sides of the line) to "come out". The ones who know they are, the closet racists, and the "I'm not a racist but" crowd.

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
As it gets closer to "crunch" time, expect the racists (on both sides of the line) to "come out". The ones who know they are, the closet racists, and the "I'm not a racist but" crowd.

I guess it is possible to be in two crowds at once. The "I'm not a racist but" AND the "I'm not a homophobe but..."

Wow.

D_Kaye Throttlebottom

Experimental Member
Media
No, the intent was pretty obvious...and I thank you for adding to it! :biggrin1:

it was sarcasm, period...about DC Marion Barry's scandals and misdeeds and still having a political career in spite of it. Given that Marion Barry was arrested for drug possession and Governor Spitzer's sex scandal/legal woes, I thought about our former Mayor Marion Barry.

That's right DC_Deep - guess which area of the US I live in? We're neighbors, isn't that lovely?

Given all the arguments about on this board about Hillary haters and Obama haters and I've been arguing that Obama is a better candidate and attacking Hillary's credibility; I thought it funny for a change of pace from Obama vs. Hillary threads, to make a joke about political scandals and suggest they run for office. The joke being that I've abandoned my candidate Obama, for another choice our Former Mayor, Marrion Barry.

I'm glad to know that DC_Deep and company have a sense of humor.

Truly, I'm flattered that DC_Deep and cohorts cannot stop talking about me ;) *smooches*

thanks for the attention and truly, your insight in to my psyche is STUNNING.
:rolleyes:

D_Kaye Throttlebottom

Experimental Member
Media
I just found it hilarious that it went so far over the heads of some that they actually spent time searching for evidence of it in the news outlets... :rofl:

As though I have not been arguing on every thread that I'm an ardent Obama supporter and tired of lame ass arguments that we'r not ready to vote for Obama?

Only a racist would read this thread and conclude that I was comparing Obama to Mayor Barry, versus making a joke that I was no longer supporting Obama and was supporting Marion Barry. (Hence I would vote for Mayor Barry before I would vote for Hillary, EVER!)

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't know what the fuck I was thinking... I totally misread your intentions, my bad. Sorry! :frown1:

D_Kaye Throttlebottom

Experimental Member
Media
Oh no, I'm still a homophobe? Say it ain't so.

Quick! how bout I prove that I'm not, by leaving my boyfriend to hookup with my hot best (girl) friend (her husband won't mind), Lex! :rolleyes: I mean I'm so worried what YOU think.

Apparently an accusation is all that is needed for someone on a web-board to think they know everything (psst. guess what race my father's family is, ya jerk.):cool: Or maybe I should go on a rant about how unfair it is that I was told by friends to pick which side I identify with. Yeah, I'm a victim too. No, really I'm not. You make a ton of accusations, that have no merit and no teeth and get in to some bs game of who has it more rough.

I'm not doing it.

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Nothing says you care like a post telling someone exactly how much you don't care.

For the record--I did not quote or mention you in this thread, but then, a guilty conscience never needs an accuser, now does it?