Forget This

B_Spladle

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Y'know what blows? Being in love with someone who you're fundamentally incompatible with.

I've got a couple of stories to tell on this subject, but for now I think I'm gonna go snuggle up beside one of the objects of affection to which I'm referring. In the meantime, y'all feel free to offer up any anecdotes or w/e that you've got.

T

that_other_guy

maybe i missed something, did you have surgery cause it says "female & 100% gay " ... still only likes women ... damn :rolleyes:

Shelby

Experimental Member
Media
Spladle said:
Y'know what blows? Being in love with someone who you're fundamentally incompatible with.

I've got a couple of stories to tell on this subject, but for now I think I'm gonna go snuggle up beside one of the objects of affection to which I'm referring. In the meantime, y'all feel free to offer up any anecdotes or w/e that you've got.

shit I married the bitch

B_Spladle

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
COLJohn said:
Chase,
Going to the doctor did not turn you into a female. Doctors good, laryngitis bad. :wink:
I'm afraid you're still not getting it. I went to a doctor for laryngitis. I am pretty sure that in doing so I forfeited my testicles.

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Spladle said:

Perhaps it's not love but rather the transference of needed affection based in lust.

Incompatibility does not love make Spladle.

Show her the door.

B_Spladle

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The first girl I ever fell in love with was named Emilee. We were both sixteen at the time. I first asked her out three days after Valentine's. Unfortunately, she was mentally unstable, suffered from borderline personality disorder, and basically made me incredibly unhappy for quite a long time. I stayed with her for awhile after I realized that we weren't good for each other because I was genuinely afraid that she'd kill herself if I didn't.

So yeah, that's a pretty big one. I chalk it up to inexperience.

The second girl I ever fell in love with was named Faina. This was about nine months ago. Really, she's damned near perfect in just about every way I can imagine. But, she's possessive. What's great about her is that she realizes this and wishes she wasn't. What's not great is that this doesn't change a thing about how she feels. And also there's the whole sex thing. See, she's probably one of the horniest girls I've ever known, but we can't have sex more than once every two days or so, else it is god-awfully painful for her. This is frustrating to both of us.

The third girl I ever fell in love with was named Jami. This was about three months ago. I love her a whole, whole lot. She's really fun to be around. She's pretty. She's intelligent. And, y'know, there's the whole sex thing. See, she's . . . resilient . . . in a way that I've never come across before. I mean, basically no matter what I do to her, it doesn't hurt, which is pretty freaking sweet if y'ask me. Sometimes, in fact, it's hard to tell who we're stopping for - me or her (of course, I chalk this up to the fact that I'm the one doing all the work - lazy bitch :tongue:). But - and this is a big but - she is really into drugs. I mean, really. I guess she gets high probably every single day or something. I dunno how to feel about this. I guess I should just let it slide. But, it's hard.

You guys are disappointing me. Nobody else has any stories to share?

Altairion

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Chase, sorry to hear about your ill luck with the ladies. If you're looking for advice about Jami, I'd be really stressed to stay with someone who was continually getting high and chained to an addiction like that. It'll screw with her future from jobs to cash flow unless she can drop it.

You're a good guy, and I think you can get just about anyone out there you might want. My personal advice would be to keep looking.

Personal Story?

I fell in love with a girl named Katie about 5 years back. Essentially I burned 4 years of my life hoping she'd come around, but in the end she just wasn't into me despite my best efforts. Now? I've decided guys are a bit easier to get along with :rolleyes:

GoneA

Sexy Member
Media
*I really like this thread Spladle*

I loved Syghnel (pronounced: Sigh’ Nell), I really did. I still do to be quite honest. She was certainly the most gorgeous young woman my eyes have ever had the pleasure of beholding. I’m not sure about your experience, but have you ever known someone – a significant other, to be precise – who was truly stunning in every sense of the word? I have and it was she, Syghnel, who encapsulated everything that I ever desired in a lover. In fact, I’ll even emphasize that it was the relationship I shared with her that defined, for me, the values that I would continually look for in all my further relationships.

Our romance, conceivably, is a rather colossal checkpoint is my lot of rendezvous because I can honestly say that Syghnel not only changed my life, but help to shape it. What I perhaps loved most was, before I was physically attracted to her (which I very much was) I shared a moth-to-light dynamic with her personality. She was willing to sacrifice almost anything for anyone – herself never being high on her stream of thoughts. Her mission in life, it seemed, was to simply improve or better somebody else’s by giving relentlessly of herself. It was these laudable attributes (and very many more) that made her a true humanitarian in my eyes.

But, alas, it seems true that all good things do come to an end. To make a very long story short, and to make a short story shorter: Over a year and a half ago, Syghnel’s life took a very drastic turn and she underwent a series of, seemingly instant, hardships. In one night she became aware of the fact that her father was having an affair and, as if that weren’t enough, her brother, who suffers with mental retardation, was engaging in very intense sexual acts with their littler sister. Her family was torn very much apart as was she.

It seemed as though she endured a gradual change in personality – a slow pain, if you will. I witnessed a bright, compassionate and sincerely blissful individual become the complete opposite of all those things. The image grew on me and despite the reality that my feelings for her never lost its verdure, her emotions for everyone, at the very least, became very lackluster in nature. This made any possibility of a relationship (or the continuance thereof) impossible. It ended with us agreeing to give each other the proverbial “space”. It was clear what that meant.

Call this thinking what you want, but sometimes I seriously wonder if things unfolded the way they did because I honestly had too much of a good thing.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I really loved Tom in the way that a 15 year old is capable. I still love him just as much. But now it's in the way a woman is capable. It's platonic love now, of course. I look at photos of him at his wedding and see how much older he is now, and realize I'm that much older now too. I'm old enough that my first love is bald. Oh. And married. Soon to be a father. It always seemed to me that he was terribly unhappy, and had little respect for women. I was wrong though. He's terribly cynical, and has little respect for people in general. Except for his wife, and maybe me, sometimes. Plus, his father's family would not have been thrilled had he brought me to them, and his brothers used to give him advice on "what to do in bed to black chicks". Like they'd ever dated any.

I really loved Rakeem. I crushed on him from afar for a year. Serendipity brought us to each other in the opposite end of the city, where neither of us lived. He was the security guard in my aunt's apartment building. I didn't know many black people, and black people didn't usually like me. So, I was unfazed by his refusal to pay me any attention whatsoever. After a year of being ignored, he finally spoke to me to tell me he was being transferred. Three months later he served jury duty at the courthouse where I was interning for a civil court judge. We had lunch every day of the deliberations and became very good friends. We only dated for a few months once we began dating. He freaked out and quit me. He was ill-prepared at the time to feel so strongly for a woman, or to trust anyone as much as he was compelled to trust me. I'm very good at gaining someone's trust. I'll always love him too. He tried a few times to get back together, but I was in love again.

I loved Lester in a way that I cannot describe. I don't know whether or not I ever want to feel that way about someone again. We were extremely compatible. Most described us as perfect for each other. Married women used to come up to me and say things like, "How many weeks have you two been a couple?" and laugh. "Roughly 260." I'd respond to their shock. Yep we were pretty compatible. Except only one of us knew how to be monogamous. (Me.) He's the only person I have ever loved enough to hate. And I hate him so, so very much. Still.

mellowmal

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Love is one of those things that I'll always wish I was better at.

As a young woman, love was something I did to save someone else. Given that, I picked partners who were spiraling the drain for one reason or another, like the coke addict, the alcoholic, and the psychopath. The relationships are over, but in some cases, the scars on my flesh have long outlasted the scars on my heart.

For part of my 20's and early 30's, I wanted love to be a game, and I played as if it were. I hurt some good people, like the roleplayer, the artist, and the writer. I hurt myself, too, and only hope those mistakes helped to make me a better person.

These days, I can recognize love most easily by its absence. I believe it exists, and I do what I can to enable it to exist and thrive within me and around me - but I'll always know I could be better.

Guess I don't have much advice for you. The things written by others in this thread inspired this bit of virtual scribbling. Maybe it made sense to someone.