Forgetfulness

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Northland, Jan 2, 2008.

?

How often are you forgetful

Poll closed Jan 1, 2009.
  1. Never forgetful

1 vote(s)
    5.9%
  2. Occasionally forgetful

9 vote(s)
    52.9%
  3. Somewhat more than occasionally forgetful

3 vote(s)
    17.6%
  4. Constantly forgetful

3 vote(s)
    17.6%
  5. Consistently forgetful

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Constantly and consistently forgetful

1 vote(s)
    5.9%
  7. Other- please elaborate

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Northland

Gold Member

I just returned from the kitchen and for the third time I forgot the bottle of water. (I did however grab 3 chocolate squares from the refrigerator).

The other day there was a couple on the news who had left their child on the railroad station platform- they claimed that they each thought the other had the child (miraculously they did remember all of their luggage:smile:)

Do you often forget things? Do you tend to forget the bigger things or the lesser things?
    And lastly, does it piss you off when...

Um, what was I doing again?

2. ManlyBanisters

Gold Member

Sorry - what was the question? (and the award for most obvious joke goes to...)

I do the walking into a room and staring around blankly thing quite often.

It doesn't really piss me off as such.

I went into a shop today to buy a small ads paper and came out with probiotic yoghurt drinks, coffee, a colouring book, a 5 pack of Smarties and 500 sheets of printer paper but no smalls ads rag! That pissed me off slightly when I got home and remembered!

I forget the lesser things more than the bigger things - though bills often go past the 'due by' date not for lack of cash, but because I forget to post the damn cheques.

3. Northland

Gold Member

I carry around the stamped envelope with payment for weeks at a time- the late fees are strangling me.

4. jack65

jack65 New Member

Hello

Try fish oil both my son and i are on the table ones now and it has just started to kick in after about a month, i sore a show and they say its when the brain does not send something across the synapses properly or it gets blocked, though if there is doctor here they maybe able to enplane it better.

Any way the show did a test of all these school kids and the result was amazing, but i think the kids took 8 tablets morning and evening, i was doing the same thing as you posted and the now i find i do it a lot less. i give it to my son to help his general well being.

just a thought.

Thank You.

5. ManlyBanisters

Gold Member

I have plenty of Omega-3 (is it 3? I forget :rolleyes: :tongue:) in my diet - I think there may be more to it than just that.

By which I mean I've forgotten why I went in there in the first place... in case that wasn't clear. Often happens in threads here too :confused: :biggrin:

I think once I get a stamp on it I'm OK - but certainly I carried around the sealed envelopes (and have stamps in my bag) for weeks too, same thing really so yes, guilty.

6. jack65

jack65 New Member

Hello

If your Omega-3 comes from canned fish then think again, many companies now extract it to put in other things like butter and sell that as low cholesterol produces but still sell the fish in tins still with very little or no Omega-3.

Thank You.

7. ManlyBanisters

Gold Member

Nup! But thanks for the thought :wink:

8. unabear09

Gold Member

Albums:
    I chose Constantly and consistently forgetful. I have really bad ADD, so remembering much more than my name at any given time, is hell!

9. Mr. Snakey

Gold Member

I take Fish Oil and drink some Olive Oil everyday. Its very healthy. I stiil forget more than i should.

10. sdbg

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I was blessed (or cursed) with an exceptional memory. I'm especially keen with numbers. I rarely have to look up phone numbers, fax numbers, etc. I remember birthdays without fail. Now, if only I could make it pay off!

11. Love-it

Gold Member

I am somewhat comforted that it is an occasional affliction that I have experienced since childhood, so it's probably not early onset Alzheimer's at age 58. I have a clear memory of looking in the catch-all closet for something to eat, when I was actually heading for the refrigerator. I attribute it to an overactive mind contemplating too many ideas at the same time, sounds good anyway.

12. whatireallywant

Gold Member

What was the question again?

But really, many times I will go into another room to get something, then forget what I went in there for. Usually, I'll go back where I started and a few minutes later I remember, Oh, THAT'S what I was going to get! I also sometimes go to the store and forget what I went to the store for (but I'll buy other things). I try to write it down so I won't forget it, but sometimes I forget what it was even when I write down the list, and other times I'll go to the store and when I get there I find out that I left the list at home!

Draft saved Draft deleted