Forum - Feast or Famine?

Quite Irate

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Do you think the level of intelligence actually goes down, or just that it's harder to find the wheat among the chaff?
On the internet, those are one and the same. More and more crap means that more and more regulars who made a site special leave. The more dumbed down the place becomes, the less potential users who would provide interesting commentary join...etcetera, etcetera.

Skull Mason

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yeah I've been pretty bored ever since everyone ganged up on me about Barry Bonds The Home Run King. Women never ask me for naked pictures either this place is too dry for me right now. :(

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Sheesh! What do you want a formal invitation?:tongue:

Women never ask me for naked pictures either this place is too dry for me right now. :(

Dear Mr. Skull Mason,

I would be ever so happy, and eternally in your bed . . er umm, I mean debt, :redface: if you would send me some nude pictures of your very hot self. :kiss:

Most Sincerely,
:05: njqt466

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Here are some possible explanations for flame threads.

- Some people live to argue. That is just their MO.

- Full moon

- PMS

- Posting while drunk

- Bad day at work

I usually avoid those threads but people being people - they get out of hand fast, spreads thoughout the community and often alienates and drives away people to the detriment of the site.

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Yeah I've been pretty bored ever since everyone ganged up on me about Barry Bonds The Home Run King. Women never ask me for naked pictures either this place is too dry for me right now. :(

That sucks SkullMason. Personally I think you are a riot. That and I'm all out of free OJ. :biggrin1:

viking1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

Women never ask me for nude pics either. I guess none of them need a scarecrow or a quick laugh...

Quite Irate

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Here are some possible explanations for flame threads.

- Some people live to argue. That is just their MO.

- Full moon

- PMS

- Posting while drunk

- Bad day at work

I usually avoid those threads but people being people - they get out of hand fast, spreads thoughout the community and often alienates and drives away people to the detriment of the site.
The problem is that LPSG always gets sucked into troll posts. Maybe trolls are just better here, but LPSG as a group spends much more time responding to trolls than any place else I know of.

Yorkie

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
And of course I'd hit an invalid Yorkie, do you think I didn't know about your arm :)
You can't still be in a fighting mood now that Osiris is back spreading the love? :fingersx:

That's good, but aren't you supposed to have the gratuitous nude shot in there somewhere? :biggrin1:
If SP's still feeling feisty you can challenge her to a nude wrestling match.
I'll bring the camera. :smile:

sbeBen

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Forums seem to go through periods when there are lots of great threads to post comments on, then periods where if you like posting you're struggling for something interesting to mouth off about. I've noticed that the more fruitful times seem to coincide with the times when there are lots of flame threads or threads with a lot of dispute on, I have a couple of thoughts as to why this might be:

1 - During any time of 'war' people tend to pull together so they post more to try and take attention away from the flame type threads and find themselves sticking with the people they've found to be good posters in the past (I don't view this as a clique, it's merely that we know who's going to be reasonable).

2 - Like it or not humans are an aggressive lot, when there are lots of flaming threads going on it means that there are a lot of people on who dislike one another (whether it's because they have opposing viewpoints or just because they can't stand one another) so because there are people with lots of different viewpoints there tend to be a lot of interesting threads made.

3 - Deny it as we might there are some of us who actually enjoy conflict and it gets our creative juices flowing.

Anyone else have any thoughts on why there are dry patches?
Posts and Threads are a nice, safe way of having a bit of conflict. People also have time to think and reflect and maybe opinions can be changed from reading another angle/view. :smile: