Forum vs chat room

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
As on most of the sites like this I notice that people tend to either go for the forums or the chat rooms, there are very few people who both contribute to the forums and use the chat room. People who post on the forums but don't use the chat rooms say that the chat room is full of shite, people who use the chat room but not the forums say the forums are boring, to me they're equal, some forum posts are interesting, some chat is interesting. I like the immediacy of the chat room over the forums. What makes people prefer one over the other?

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
As on most of the sites like this I notice that people tend to either go for the forums or the chat rooms, there are very few people who both contribute to the forums and use the chat room. People who post on the forums but don't use the chat rooms say that the chat room is full of shite, people who use the chat room but not the forums say the forums are boring, to me they're equal, some forum posts are interesting, some chat is interesting. I like the immediacy of the chat room over the forums. What makes people prefer one over the other?

Up until recently, I did both. I like the immediate gratification of commmunication in the chat room. I like posting in threads and helping.:biggrin1:

B_Kshelby67

1st Like
Media
The one time I went to the chat I got so bombarded with instant messages I couldn't enjoy the actual chat room. It freaked me out big time. So, I stick to the forums now.

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Chat is good for the quick responses but sometimes the conversation drops to nothing, or becomes boring or gets difficult to follow while trying to feild IMs aplenty without neglecting anyone.

With the forum there is such a wide range of subjects that you'll nearly always be able to keep yourselves entertained and can ignore the threads that annoy or bore you.

I like both but spend significantly more time in the forums.

When I first joined, one of my first contacts warned me away from the forum because he said it was just raunchy bragging. Fortunately I've rarely noticed this to be true.

Altairion

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I've been on chat a fair amount in the past. For me it depends on the people in chat if I want to be there or not. However, there's always a good population of posters in the forum, so I tend to come here first and then wander into chat if the mood strikes me.

IntoxicatingToxin

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
However, there's always a good population of posters in the forum, so I tend to come here first and then wander into chat if the mood strikes me.

That's me too!

I like the chat... a lot of the people I've come to know the most are people that I've met via the chat. But, I enjoy the forums and whatnot as well.

agnslz

Loved Member
Media
Since I've never been able to use chat due to my ancient computer and slow connection, I obviously like the forums better. I have often wondered how chat works and what goes on in there, though. My interest was especially piqued when someone mentioned something about Jetsons music in the old chat room, on one of the "old vs. new" chat threads, last year. I've wondered what that was about, since then.:biggrin: