Found out Ex got married

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by stopcowcock, Nov 10, 2008.

1. stopcowcock

stopcowcock New Member

My first gf ever got married on sunday. I kind of found out by accident through another friend. Apparently it was to the guy who came right after me.

Out of all my other gfs, i felt like she was probably the only one i could have married. I don't think it would have worked out in the long run though.

On one hand i'm happy for her, on the other i guess I'm kind of playing "what if", I never really got the chance to tell her how i felt about her. But its kind of moot because, as i said above, wouldn't have worked out anyway.

I guess i'm just venting, have you guys been in a similar situation?

2. B_ScaredLittleBoy

B_ScaredLittleBoy New Member

Wow. That must be strange.

I had an ex who was engaged. It was a shock because it happened quite suddenly...within about a year of us breaking up she had met this disgusting old man and then married him.

They never got married as he was overbearing (she said) and controlling at least in a financial and social sense.

I did see her after that but I don't think she had any feelings for me. I don't know why she kept coming to see me. It wouldn't have worked out in this situation either.

I suppose the lesson is to always tell a girl how you feel about her. Although not too often...or you come across as clingy :tongue:

There is always someone better out there. People always think the current relationship is better than the one before it. Its only when you don't have a current relationship that the past ones seem better than they were. Chin up, eyes forward :smile:

3. boobie_luvr

boobie_luvr New Member

Talk about being literal.

4. killerb

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    It's happened to me twice...I actually had ended both relationships, but it still stung a bit when I saw the first one...I ran into her at the mall & of course she looked better than she ever had before...that's when she told me she had gotten married...she also had a little son...naturally I thought "what if I hadn't ended things?"...

it's totally natural to feel the way you feel...just don't dwell on it...

5. Apollo1

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I can relate. I've been engaged twice, and both the girls I was engaged to have been married. They've also both been divorced. I don't think love ever dies, and part of you will always have that bond with them, but it's important to be mindful of the circumstances that separated you guys in the first place. There's nothing wrong with wondering what could've been, but it's imperative not to get caught up in it.

Blessings

6. exwhyzee

Gold Member

7. B_DEATHbyCARROT

B_DEATHbyCARROT New Member

I think I would feel the same way if I found out my 1st gf got married. Like yours she was the only one I thought I could have married and also like yours I don't think it would have worked out...

But there is still that something we had that probably will never be replaced. Maybe because we were teenagers when we got together and I'm a lot more cynical now. Even now some 5 years after we broke up and I have been with other women I sometimes feel like I'm not over her. But really I think it's the close relationship I miss. But it ain't easy opening up to someone that way (not for me at least).

8. surferboy

Gold Member

Albums:
    i'm sorry to hear it bruddah. that said, there are plenty of other wahines out there, yah? how long has it been since you broke up? if it's been a while, then maybe it's time for move on?

Draft saved Draft deleted