Four Lokos are Baaaad....

B_nyvin

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
But red bull + Liquor was always fine and dandy? Kinda has me puzzled.

I blame the twitter generation, they can't handle alcohol.

Smooth88

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
People have died or been hospitalized from four loko. Thats why there's a petition going around to ban it. Dunno how exactly but my friend has tried it and says it messes with him when he has one.

NumberTwentySix

Just Browsing
Media
It is an anergy drink that has the same abv as wine. I don't know how you feel about mixing your uppers with your downers, but that's all it does. I think the people drinking it are adults and banning the stuff won't do any good. It comes in 24oz cans, so the word is two will wreck your day. full disclosure; i have consumed a 4loko before and i was not a fan.

MrHangman

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I dislike how our society consistently refuses to let anyone take any of the blame for their own actions. It's always some outside stimuli's fault. Let's blame Four Loko, not the people buying it. Let's blame video games and music, not the kid's shooting up colleges. I dislike how people try to take things everyone does and contribute it to the fraction of people who are defective. A lot of people wear shoes, but a fraction of those people commit crimes. It must be the shoes' fault!

rd62624

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I agree with MrHangman, people do not want to take responsibitlity for thier own action. They want to blame someone else. Oh in my neck of the woods some stores are not going to sell it any more, once the inventory on hand is gone they will not order/ or sell any more.

Zeuhl34

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Washington state recently instituted a temporary (100-day, I think) band on 4Loko, and I honestly think that that just exacerbated the problem; it spurred some of the dumber people I know (y'know, Greek system people) to go on 4Loko binges and stock up like it's the alcohol version of y2k.

But, as OP pointed out, people will still have Red Bull + vodka.

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
I had one; it tasted atrocious! Lemonade, my brown butter ass. It was nasty and I wouldn't have another, ever, even if you paid me.

I know Four Loko has received a lot of negative press lately because binge drinking with it has hurt a number of college students. I know some campuses, even wet ones, are banning it specifically, and I know some legislative efforts have been made to kick it off certain districts' shelves in supermarkets and gas stations. Last I checked, I think you can buy it at a few gas stations here (supermarkets won't carry it). Have you all seen or heard any stores you specifically shop at refuse to order it?

gti26

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I live in Washington state and 4 loko is no longer sold here as of the 18th. I agree with everyone one else its not 4 loko s fault that people can’t read the damn can and warnings. If you don’t know what you are putting in your body then you deserve to get sick.
I thought banning of alcohol ended in 1933?. All alcohol will make you sick and could kill you. One reason WA banned 4 lokos is because the greedy state couldn’t have there hand in making profit off it . All the liquor stores are stated owned in Wa, which means no hard alcohol can be sold any where else but the state owned liquor stores. $$ 4 lokos has 12% alcohol by volume 24 oz. and it is cheap 2-3.00 dollars a can. How much do you think the state owned liquor stores charge for there alcohol that takes more volume to get you drunk...? Yes the red bull and yager is still being sold so I dont think it is about peoples health that the state is worried about ..

concupisys

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
canada has much different alcohol laws than the US, but it's never been sold here.... the issue at hand isn't necessarily that mixing energy drinks and alcohol is bad, it's the concentrations of caffeine and alcohol that is the issue.... a red bull and vodka served mixed at a bar is about 7-8% alcohol with a little caffeine and guarana mixed in, but a 4loko has almost twice the alcohol and the stimulants.... even to well seasoned, responsible drinkers this can be a crazy combination because caffeine can delay the effects of alcohol and thereby give people reason to believe that they're not that drunk.... but give those people 30 minutes after that drink and the effects can be felt to a large degree.... for a person who is drinking 4loko with the intention of getting drunk, or even to someone who might not intend to get drunk but might say, get in a car and drive, the combination can be quite dangerous.... i don't think it should be completely banned, but it definitely should be controlled - especially given the fact that this particular beverage is geared towards people who have not yet developed their skills in responsible drinking.... (ie: underage drinkers to 25 year-olds....) besides: there are way better things to drink than 4loko.... i personally prefer a good whiskey, neat, and bottomless....

NumberTwentySix

Just Browsing
Media
Oh no, the 23 year olds who've graduated high school, have worked for 5 years and are supporting themselves as GROWN ASS ADULTS are too impressionable and stupid to know that 4loko is bad for them. We must ban it, (for the children) Shame on those evil liquor stores for profiteering on the backs of our impressionable youth! It probably disproportionately affects minorities too.

Bunch of whiny nanny state bullshit.

concupisys

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
well, when it comes to the creation of law, i've adopted this philosophy:

'laws are created to protect stupid people'....

if enough people do enough of the same stupid things, laws are created to protect those people from continuing that kind of stupidity.... and those who are stupid enough to break those laws once they've been created are stupid enough to get caught.... if anyone would like a greater insight in to the rampant stupidity of underage and newly-legal drinkers, i suggest visiting this website:

Texts From Last Night

the above website is a prime example of what western society is coming to....