Four Minutes

GayFrog

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I was so happy when I saw Andre this morning

I had to take the time to write. Most of the tubes have been removed and he is breathing on his own. He is alert and says he very little pain. He will be moved out of intensive care later today, as his condition has been down graded. He is scheduled for his first chemotherapy on Friday.

I cannot tell you how grateful I am to each and every one of you for being here with me, your words of insight, comfort and prayers have touched my heart and given me shoulders of comfort to lean on.

I love you all.
Marc.

NCbear

Superior Member
Media
Greensboro (North Carolina, United States)
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Find out as much as you can about his chemo and how it might affect him. Also, find out what kinds of support you and he both can receive.

Knowledge is power. As another poster said, you never know what might make a difference.

NCbear (who is giving you another virtual hug and pat on the back :smile:)

hungcuriousnc

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Marc,

You two have been in my thoughts daily!! I am praying and wishing for his full recovery!

My stepmother had the same surgery and has been cancer free ever since. I pray that this will be Andre's result too!

Please give him our love.... let him know we are thinking about him (and you too!) and hope to hear more good news in the coming days!

*BIG HUGS* to you both b/c if you were near, I'd be there with you!!

bwhip1011

LPSG Legend
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
Marc,

My stepmother had the same surgery and has been cancer free ever since. I pray that this will be Andre's result too!

Thank you for this, HCNC. May I ask how long ago your stepmother had the same surgery performed, please?

I realize that each case is different, but it might shed some light.

Thank you.

simbablk

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Awesome! It's so good to hear and when someone's loved ones are doing better. I'm sure your heart leaped with joy when you saw him . Happy to hear that he's getting better.

Wishing continued positive recovery. Continue to keep us posted. Take care.

Simba

hungcuriousnc

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Thank you for this, HCNC. May I ask how long ago your stepmother had the same surgery performed, please?

I realize that each case is different, but it might shed some light.

Thank you.

It's been about 4 years now. She has been cancer free since the surgery! So we keep our fingers crossed with each check up that she continues to be cancer free.

GayFrog

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
A Gentle Hug And A Kiss

Andre is settled into his new room he has a room-mate now a young man in his mid twenties that of all things was ran over by a forklift. No matter how bad things seem to be there is always someone else that seems far worse than yourself.

I misunderstood or the nurse misinformed me this morning not sure which, but Andre is not scheduled for chemotherapy tomorrow (Friday), it is an assessment. His doctor explained it to us very thoroughly this afternoon. There is a possibility Andre will not need chemotherapy. The results from a series of test, will determine what further treatment is need at this time, if any. Should they decide that chemotherapy is needed, treatment will not start until Andre is fully recovered from the surgery. The doctor is sending a V.O.N. nurse to our house and she will make recommendations as to any changes or equipment that might be needed to accommodate Andre when he comes home.

Andre asked when he could get up and out of the bed. The doctor said lets see how well you do. With the doctor’s help he sat up on the side of the bed but he didn’t have the strength to stand up. The doctor took him by both hands and said when you are ready pull yourself up. I watched in anticipation as Andre pulled himself to his feet and slowly shuffled his way to the end of the bed. The doctor was steadying him and told him take your time. They walked together about the room for a few short minutes then back to the bed. Andre sat on the edge of the bed about five minutes before asking for help to lie down. The doctor told him anytime he wanted to get up and walk to call for the nurse and they will help him.
When the doctor left Wilfrid walked out with him. I saw them talking in the doorway and walk together down the hall. I turned my attention to Andre and told him how proud I was of him. He said, the only way to get into my own bed is to get out of this one. I want my head on my own pillow.
I wanted to squeeze him so tight at that moment, but I settled for a gentle hug and a kiss.

Last edited:

Mogluver

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I am so happy that things are improving, holding positive thoughts and prayers. Thanks for keeping all of us updated, I have been away for a while and now just getting caught up... GF your an amazing Man! Love to you both.

captainwhackit

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I've somehow missed all of this so wanted to say that my thoughts are with you both too. I know how difficult these times are.
It's great that he's on the mend and the fact that he wants to get up and move shows that he's a fighter. Plenty of others let it control them, and I think that's a mistake to allow.

I do hope you'll continue to tell us what's happening. This thread shows that although people might be thousands of miles apart, and have never met, the natural compassion people have for others is the strongest thing.

xX_Sarah_Xx

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I completely missed this thread... it moved me to tears. To see a person you love so much go through that. It's dead hard. To sit there and feel utterly helpless, lost. My thoughts are with you and Andre. Take care. If it gets too hard on you, don't hesitate to call your brother or someone close to you. They're there for you, I'm sure. I wish I could do more for you. I feel for you both. If writing it down helps, please keep us updated. We care.

Hugs, Sarah

GayFrog

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Saturday April 02 was our 6th wedding anniversary

I spent the entire day with Andre and we shared some wonderful moments with friends that stopped by.

Andre is no longer confined to his bed. With the aid of a walker he strolls the corridor a couple times a day. Today we spent a little time in the sun-room with other patients.
I am holding-up much better now. Still though; I long for the day Andre is well enough to come home. As each day passes, seeing his progress has given me hope.

I cannot tell you how grateful I am to each and every one of you for being here.Your kind words and prayers have touched my heart and thank you for giving me shoulders of comfort to lean on.

I love you all.
Marc.

onewatcher

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Dear Marc and Andre, you both are in my thoughts and prayers. A tough road ahead, but I know your love and strength for one another will see you through. The two of you are indeed blessed to have each other. Happy Anniversary, and I know you will have one hell of a celebration when Andre is home with you in your arms.

Mogluver

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Sounds like Andre is making excellent progress, so happy to hear that you both are doing better... holding positive!