Four Reasons Men Fall in Love

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I found this on AOL. What do the men of LPSG think about the writers views on men falling in love?

Four Reasons Men Fall in Love
Men love to be in love. That's the definitive word from relationship expert David Zinczenko, editor of Men's Health and author of "Men, Love & Sex: The Complete User's Guide for Women."

"When a man falls for a woman, he falls hard. Men love to be in love," insists Zinczenko in an article in Men's Health. "While men often get stereotyped as single-minded sex-seekers, the truth is that a man's stomach churns like a slushy machine when he's in those initial stages of the perfect relationship."

According to a recent Harris Interactive Poll, 60 percent of men say they fall in love and stay in love because of friendship, while just 8 percent cite sex as the top reason for falling in love.

Women can give men a little nudge when it comes to falling in love by doing these four things:

A Woman With a Passion for Something Other Than Him
While every man wants his lady to indulge him and spoil him just a little -- think lots of compliments and kisses -- what he needs to help the relationship last is for her to have a passionate interest in something other than him. That can be work, a sport, a hobby or anything. "The passion she shows for something else confirms her inherent goodness, her personal drive, her independence," writes Zinczenko. "All pluses in the woman we're hoping to spend a few decades with."

A Woman Who Has No Problem With Guy Time
When a man and a woman fall in love, they naturally spend time together. That time increases as they move from a casual relationship to something more serious. At some point, though, most men will want to go golfing or drinking with their buddies. Writes Zinczenko in Men's Health, "Men love, appreciate and are thankful for women who respect and endorse (and not complain about) his need to have a few testosterone mixers."

A Woman With a Strut
The way a woman walks is very important to a man, and could very well be what attracted him to her in the first place. "What do I mean by the strut? It's that attitude, that sassiness, that confidence, that charisma, that charm that shows she can be a little bold and a little daring," says Zinczenko, who adds the strut shows confidence. Men want someone who can challenge them and even push them a little and at times take the lead. Beware, though! That strut can be dangerous if she ever uses it to flirt with other men or pick a fight with his mother.

A Woman With a Good Taste in Ties
It's not really about the ties. (What man likes to wear ties, after all?) But a woman who can choose a tie that fits her man's personality -- be it elegant or playful -- is a woman who can offer gentle guidance and nurturing, as well as warn him when his shirt and pants don't match. "Guys like to project that they know what they're doing and that they don't need any help," says Zinczenko. "Women who can help steer us, without aggressively grabbing the wheel, are the most treasured copilots."

(Source: Men's Health)

No_Strings

Expert Member
Media
While every man wants his lady to indulge him and spoil him just a little -- think lots of compliments and kisses -- what he needs to help the relationship last is for her to have a passionate interest in something other than him. That can be work, a sport, a hobby or anything. "The passion she shows for something else confirms her inherent goodness, her personal drive, her independence," writes Zinczenko. "All pluses in the woman we're hoping to spend a few decades with."
Yes.

When a man and a woman fall in love, they naturally spend time together. That time increases as they move from a casual relationship to something more serious. At some point, though, most men will want to go golfing or drinking with their buddies. Writes Zinczenko in Men's Health, "Men love, appreciate and are thankful for women who respect and endorse (and not complain about) his need to have a few testosterone mixers."
Yes. (or rather, a woman who wasn't okay with it would be pretty damn unattractive and inconsiderate in my eyes)

A Woman With a Strut
The way a woman walks is very important to a man, and could very well be what attracted him to her in the first place. "What do I mean by the strut? It's that attitude, that sassiness, that confidence, that charisma, that charm that shows she can be a little bold and a little daring," says Zinczenko, who adds the strut shows confidence. Men want someone who can challenge them and even push them a little and at times take the lead. Beware, though! That strut can be dangerous if she ever uses it to flirt with other men or pick a fight with his mother.
Yes, in moderation.

It's not really about the ties. (What man likes to wear ties, after all?) But a woman who can choose a tie that fits her man's personality -- be it elegant or playful -- is a woman who can offer gentle guidance and nurturing, as well as warn him when his shirt and pants don't match. "Guys like to project that they know what they're doing and that they don't need any help," says Zinczenko. "Women who can help steer us, without aggressively grabbing the wheel, are the most treasured copilots."
Somewhat.

All great qualities for a woman to possess, but none of them real deal-breakers. Similarly, you could add many more things to a list like this. If it were this simple then I'd love a majority of all woman, and the female race in general. Oh, wait, I do.... :rolleyes::tongue:

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Yes indeed. She's got to have some outside hobbies and interests.

For exactly the same reason as stated above.

A Woman With a Strut

I do admire a spitfire more than a shrinking violet.

I'd broaden it to: good taste in clothing without being overbearing or elitist.

Love-it

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hell, I can't figure it out and I don't think this guy is any closer. I would venture to say the whole package, encompassing all of the above and then some. When my wife asks me why I love her I tell her "I don't know why, I just do." If I had to draw up a list it would be pretty long.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hell, I can't figure it out and I don't think this guy is any closer. I would venture to say the whole package, encompassing all of the above and then some. When my wife asks me why I love her I tell her "I don't know why, I just do." If I had to draw up a list it would be pretty long.

Thank you, for your honesty! I thought this list was way too simplistic to be accurate. It's the equivalent of click your heels three times and you'll go home.

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Thank you, for your honesty! I thought this list was way too simplistic to be accurate. It's the equivalent of click your heels three times and you'll go home.

I think so too, or it'd seem like every guy should be in love with me! :biggrin1: The only one I sort of have trouble with is the "guy time" one but that is only because I have traditionally male interests and would want to join in!

D_Coyne Toss

Expert Member
Media

Here's how she got me. I'd just point out that I don't like that much getting compliments (I prefer demostrations of love and esteem) and that the real plus is sharing these intrests (which we really do)