Fox News Audience Just 1.38% Black

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Fox News may be the undisputed ratings champion in cable news, but not among black viewers.
The New York Times' Brian Stelter tweeted that, according to Nielsen Media Research, Fox News has averaged just 29,000 black viewers in primetime so far this television season (9/09-7/10). That represents just 1.38% of its 2.102 million total viewer audience.

Why do people think that Fox news has an audience that is just 1.38 percent Black?

D_Sir Fitzwilly Wankheimer III

Experimental Member
Media
Fox News may be the undisputed ratings champion in cable news, but not among black viewers.
The New York Times' Brian Stelter tweeted that, according to Nielsen Media Research, Fox News has averaged just 29,000 black viewers in primetime so far this television season (9/09-7/10). That represents just 1.38% of its 2.102 million total viewer audience.

Why do people think that Fox news has an audience that is just 1.38 percent Black?

what percent are the othe news stations?

because they don't watch the news. there was funny skit with Dick Greory the other night about how mellow things have gotten that these they actually ask blacks about "white peoples problems"

check it out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ej5FwzhUDcM

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

because they don't watch the news. there was funny skit with Dick Greory the other night about how mellow things have gotten that these they actually ask blacks about "white peoples problems"

check it out:
If you had clicked the link you would have found your answer:
MSNBC has averaged 145,000 black viewers, representing 19.3% of its 751,000 total viewer audience.
CNN has averaged 134,000 black viewers, representing 20.7% of its 648,000 total viewer audience.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Oops. :rolleyes:
I wonder if the phony scandals about Van Jones, ACORN, the New Black Panther Party (with its 2 or 3 person membership) and Shirley Sherrod had anything to do with it? I mean, we're not all watching BET. :biggrin:

ieatcats1426

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
1) Fox news isn't on Obaba's nuts like other news stations.

2) Reporting on stories like VinylBoy mentioned.

Not to mention Huffingtonpost, which ironically the only people from my facebook who came up on their "facebook connection" section were black! haha

Last edited:

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I would be interested to know what percentage of black people in America might be categorized as wealthy conservatives...and if that number corresponds to the black viewership of Fox News.

TomCat84

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
1) Fox news isn't on Obaba's nuts like other news stations.

2) Reporting on stories like VinylBoy mentioned.

Not to mention Huffingtonpost, which ironically the only people from my facebook who came up on their "facebook connection" section were black! haha

I dont think you know what you're talking about. Just sayin'....

KTF40

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Considering 96% of blacks who voted in the last election chose Obama, I don't think that 1.38% statistic is much of a surprise at all. Blacks are in the pockets of the Democratic party. Wouldn't make much sense for them to get their news from a conservative media outlet considering their voting record.

D

deleted15807

I wonder if the phony scandals about Van Jones, ACORN, the New Black Panther Party (with its 2 or 3 person membership) and Shirley Sherrod had anything to do with it? I mean, we're not all watching BET. :biggrin:

Or Glenn Beck calling the first African-American president racist. Or just flat out lies........
Glenn Beck reported it on August 13th, 2009. He said, quote, “Well, I don‘t know about you, but I‘m sure glad to know that Van Jones, the communist, the radical, the anarchist, the guy, you know, part of the Rodney King riots—I‘m sure glad that he has the ear of the president.”

And on August 11th, the same guy, quote, “Here is Van Jones. This is a convicted felon—a guy who spent, I think, six months in prison after the Rodney King beating. He was a black nationalist that came out, an anarchist and a communist. He then found the green movement was the new red. And now he‘s our green job czar. Why is there so much money from the Green Movement, fund for public interest?”

Van Jones didn‘t spend six months in prison for the Rodney King riots. He‘s not a convicted felon. He never served time in prison. He‘s never been convicted of anything. But who cares? The FOX campaign against him worked.

And white people, remember, they‘re coming for you, violent ex-cons who riot against white people, they‘re coming for you.

The other great FOX News crusade of the past year: More black people are coming for you. ACORN—an almost all minority community-organizing group torn apart day after day after day on FOX News because FOX News said they were thugs, criminal thugs who are stealing taxpayer money and stealing elections.

HANNITY: And this is a FOX News alert: an Obama administration official resigned just a short time ago after a she was caught on tape appearing to tell an audience that she had used her position to racially discriminate against white farmers.

This is a story about political outcomes, about the tried and true political strategy of not targeting black people, but targeting white people.

Targeting white people—white voters or white would-be voters to feel afraid of black people, to feel afraid of African-American people as if they‘re not fellow Americans but rather a threat to what white people have. They‘re coming for you. It‘s a zero-sum game. If they get anything, that means you lose something.

The message is a political one, clear as a 1960 campaign-funded segregationist comic book. Stand up, white people, stand up against the black threat.

For generations, the conservative movement has targeted the white voters on the overwhelming majority of the voting populace with political tactics disguised as stories to scare them—to scare them that voting rights and property rights and educational rights and everything that Americans are supposed to be guaranteed, that those things are a zero-sum game.

Blacks are in the pockets of the Democratic party. Wouldn't make much sense for them to get their news from a conservative media outlet considering their voting record.

Yes I'm sure you're right :rolleyes: So smearing black people and making them political roadkill isn't supposed to turn them off to Fox News?

Last edited by a moderator:

TomCat84

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
That's one way of looking at it; for that matter, so are LGBTs, though in slightly less enormous quantities than African Americans.

Ever wonder why?

It's not really "slightly less"....If I remember correctly, Kerry got roughly 92% of the black vote, and Obama got around 95%...while gays have consistently given "only" about 75% or so of their vote. That's a pretty substantial difference. Sorry to nitpick sweetheart :smile:

KTF40

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
It's not really "slightly less"....If I remember correctly, Kerry got roughly 92% of the black vote, and Obama got around 95%...while gays have consistently given "only" about 75% or so of their vote. That's a pretty substantial difference. Sorry to nitpick sweetheart :smile:

You're not nitpicking, I was deliberately vague because it was early in my day and I couldn't be arsed to look it up, but that 25% that voted McCain/Palin need to have their heads examined.

One of the most honest-to-gawd conservative gay conservatives I know is a former boss who is managing partner of a small political consulting company; his business partner's first job out of school was as a member of Jesse Helm's staff :eek::eek::eek:

He's not even a fiscal conservative/social liberal kinda guy: he thinks that marriage equality is pointless and simply organizes reactionary religious forces into opposing us. He's as conservative as someone can possibly be and proudly votes Republican 98% of the time; but he is not a religious man, is openly gay and has lived with HIV for over ten years, so he understands our issues well, just from a very different perspective from you or me.

His business partner is one of the most savvy and successful political fund raisers in the country. I respect her enormously though her politics make me want to weep, but even she is 100% open and clear in her support for LGBT equality (including marriage). They make an odd but effective pair and miss them both tremendously since they moved back to DC last year.

My point here is that they both voted for Obama because of Sarah Palin, whose presence on the ticket proved McCain to be the utterly worthless fool I'd long expected him to actually be (though I supported him over both Bush and Gore in 2000, back at the time). They certainly don't advertise it, but I know for a fact how they voted in 2008 and why.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Because of people like this lady lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P36x8rTb3jI

All lolz aside, that doesn't answer my question, unless you truly believe that that nitwit (at a very emotional time in her life and clearly not thinking clearly) represents the millions of African Americans who vote straight-line Democratic well into the 90 percents.

Your avoidance in giving a straight answer (again, lolz aside) speaks volumes.

KTF40

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
All lolz aside, that doesn't answer my question, unless you truly believe that that nitwit (at a very emotional time in her life and clearly not thinking clearly) represents the millions of African Americans who vote straight-line Democratic well into the 90 percents.

Your avoidance in giving a straight answer (again, lolz aside) speaks volumes.

Wait, how does my "avoidance" in giving you a straight answer speak volumes?

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View

WOW. That many! Would've thought it less. :rolleyes:

check it out:

Nah...we don't watch no news...we ignant.

Or Glenn Beck calling the first African-American president racist. Or just flat out lies........

Yes I'm sure you're right :rolleyes: So smearing black people and making them political roadkill isn't supposed to turn them off to Fox News?

Bingo. Most people I know prefer their news sources to be unslanted either right or left ("Just the facts, m'am.") Fox has demonstrated time and time again a political bias and a clear agenda of presenting distorted and slanted information in the guise of news.

What should be of concern to them is the disparity between the number of their black and minority viewers and the number of blacks and minorities who consider themselves centrists or even right of the political spectrum.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Wait, how does my "avoidance" in giving you a straight answer speak volumes?

Because, for want of any other, more thoughtful reply, you've said that the video you linked explains the disenfranchisement so many blacks feel regarding the Republican party.

It also, indirectly, suggests that well over 90% of the African American population either are not self-sufficient or would prefer not to be, and that the Democratic party keeps them by bribing them with welfare and other social programs antithetical to Republicanism.

Does Medicare Part D ring any bells?