Fox News Audience Just 1.38% Black

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Chicken of the Sea always seemed like the oddest marketing phrase. I mean... wha?

Maybe it was so the black folk would buy it. Theys so uninformed, they probably think chickens can swim.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Chicken of the Sea always seemed like the oddest marketing phrase. I mean... wha?

Maybe it was so the black folk would buy it. Theys so uninformed, they probably think chickens can swim.

That honor of distinction goes a white chick named Jessica Simpson, who is dumb as a box of hair.

maxcok

Expert Member
Media

Tastes like chicken. Black folk love chicken. Makes perfect sense to me. :biggrin2:

TomCat84

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The Ghetto Pass is in the mail. :smile:

I especially like that he threw in the fact that he played on a basketball team with black people! With all that info, he definitely gets to make sweeping generalizations about black folk! I definitely don't...I only know all the songs in The Wiz :wink:

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
KTF40 said:
Like I said, I have no way of defending my opinion except for my own personal experiences which have led me to this conclusion. Whether it's my black friends, black people I've lived with, basketball teams where I've had black teammates (including one's where I was the only white player on the team), black people I've come across, listening to black people (like the black dude on Hardball yesterday lol), or whatever, my general experiences with black people have influenced my beliefs on the matter.

I'm calling up the NAACP right now dude, to see if they'll issue you their "Honorary Negro" certificate.

ROTFL!! :biggrin:

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I think race relations in this country have taken a step backwards. I find this thread is very negative in that respect. Fanning the flames. Very disappointing.

TomCat84

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I think race relations in this country have taken a step backwards. I find this thread is very negative in that respect. Fanning the flames. Very disappointing.

I disagree. I think conversations like the one we're having now need to be held more often, all across the country. Racism has become a taboo topic, and race needs to be talked about in frank terms.

avg_joe

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Fox News may be the undisputed ratings champion in cable news, but not among black viewers.
The New York Times' Brian Stelter tweeted that, according to Nielsen Media Research, Fox News has averaged just 29,000 black viewers in primetime so far this television season (9/09-7/10). That represents just 1.38% of its 2.102 million total viewer audience.
Fox News Audience Just 1.38% Black

Why do people think that Fox news has an audience that is just 1.38 percent Black?

Majority of Black do not vote for the Republicans. So, it is not surprising that Fox has only 1.38% Black. I am an independent and rarely watch Fox.

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
Who's fanning the flames? :confused: I don't thing race relations have gotten any worse,
I think the attitudes people held in private are being forced into the light of day.

I disagree. I think conversations like the one we're having now need to be held more often, all across the country. Racism has become a taboo topic, and race needs to be talked about in frank terms.
And also not taken so frikkin seriously all the time. Right on, brother. :afro:

ROTFL!! :biggrin:
Actually . . . . I was going to try to get one for myself too. Will you be my sponsor? :biggrin2:

D

deleted15807

I especially like that he threw in the fact that he played on a basketball team with black people! With all that info, he definitely gets to make sweeping generalizations about black folk! I definitely don't...I only know all the songs in The Wiz :wink:

Yep how about that? The sweeping generalization fertilizes the ground for bigotry.

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Blacks are not in the pocket of the Democratic Party. Take it from one who actually voted Republican once.

The reason why the opposition doesn't attract them is because they provide a message that excludes them. Again, we got Van Jones, Shirley Sherrod, ACORN and the dubious Black Panther nonsense. How can they tell ANY minority that we're all "equal", then trumpet these fictional scandals?

ACORN was a 'fictional' scandal? I don't think so. Which one of the thousands of acts of fraud, deception and irregularities do you suppose were fictional?

Black Panthers intimidating at the polls was 'fictional?' Bzzzt. Wrong again.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
ACORN was a 'fictional' scandal? I don't think so. Which one of the thousands of acts of fraud, deception and irregularities do you suppose were fictional?

Yeah, those thousands of "fraudulent votes" that had absolutely no effect on the outcome of the presidential election. Never mind the fake informers, disguised as a pimp and a prostitute, who intentionally propagated video footage to make them look like they're doing something wrong. Even if you take away all of the bad votes (or all of the votes registered by ACORN regardless of their legitimacy), Obama still won handsomely. Get over it.

Fake scandal. Period.

Only to one caucasian with a cell phones who seemingly had no problem coming within striking distance to the people who claim to be doing the intimidating even before the police showed up. Another fake scandal.

Doesn't the GOP have to come up with an actual plan to fix the country and its problems? Or do they think scaring folks into thinking everyone with the name Malcom, Martinez or Mohammed is the "boogeyman" the best they can do? :rolleyes:

joyboytoy79

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

"Thousands of acts of fraud," eh? Care to back that up with some casework? I mean... there had to be at least one trial, right? Somebody must have been convicted, right? I do recall several investigations by law enforcement that found ACORN was free of any legal wrong-doing, but no actual court cases. I mean, I may be wrong... but ALLEGATIONS of fraud do not actually constitute fraud of the allegations themselves are fraudulent, do they?

Got proof of that? Cuz I can provide you actual PROOF of "Poll Watchers" on both sides of the aisle harassing voters; there were legal actions taken. No legal actions seem to have been taken against the "black panthers," however. Nope, again, just allegations.

TomCat84

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

Yes, ACORN was a fictional scandal. Much ado about nothing. If you can prove that any of the illegally registered "voters" actually voted (and were registered by ACORN) then come to me. But apparently you are unable to distinguish between voter registration fraud and voter fraud.

And yes, it wasnt the Black Panthers per se, it was the New Black Panthers, a group that has been ignored, if not outright dismissed, by the ACTUAL black panthers. OOOH SCARY! Angry Black people!

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Ever notice that when I reply to their continued allegations of alleged ACORN/Panther intimidation by bringing up Republican dirty tricks, like intimidating legal Hispanic voters with deportation, distributing false voter information to trick voters into missing the election, and other such activities as highlighted in the two links below, "they" ignore it and don't respond? Do you know why?

Republican Dirty Tricks 2008 Election

Democrats.com Archive: Republican Dirty Tricks

One, they can't respond or defend any of this. But that's not the primary reason.

The primary reason is the RACE BAITING tactics of the party itself. By repeatedly mentioning Panthers and Acorn they are resorting to the "Willie Horton" effect by conjuring up images they figure will raise the greatest emotion in the minds of the voter.

Propaganda 101.