Fox News Audience Just 1.38% Black

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Yet, Nobama had it built. And Vinyl, just so we are clear, you are saying that Republicans are white and racist. Thats a huge generalization. You are making racist comments, yes. Mods....

*SIGH* No, that's not what I'm saying. :rolleyes:

Disclaimer: Mods, pay attention. Yet another one has taken my statement out of context and drew their own faulty conclusions. So if this guy gets mad at me for my rebuttal, let it be known that he's the one saying that I'm making racist comments and hinting that I'm supposed to hate white men. We've been through this before with several other people (who are no longer with us), and the cycle repeats itself. After nearly 3 years of dealing with this you can understand if I'm a bit ticked off about it. But I'll try to be nice.

Now, to Hephaestus's ridiculous assessment.
First off, I don't hate white people. My husband of 6+ years is white and I went to school in a predominately caucasian town all my life, many times being the only black kid in my entire class. So when you imply that I made a racist comment and asked for the assistance of the mods you also imply that somewhere I hate white men. That is false. Period. I will not engage in any other speculation about this from you or anyone else. Any other attempts to spin this into something else will not be tolerated. Some right winged lunatics may get 1 out of 5 people in America to believe Obama is a Muslim, but you're not going to get ANYONE WITH A BRAIN to believe that nonsense about me.

As for the comment you took out of context, it is easy to surmise to my conclusion because many of the current Republican base (that doesn't mean all of them) have went through great lengths to push for laws and societal standards that unfairly target women and minorities over the last two years. They've engaged in phony scandals on people of color such as Van Jones and Shirley Sherrod, have tried to divide the nation on issue of immigration (using Mexicans as their image), Muslims & terrorism (using Islam and 9/11 as their wedge), against women by suggesting that they want to do the same work as men and get paid less, against gays & lesbians for blocking DADT and supporting Prop 8 in California... and when you get past the color barrier they have made an attack on the poor & working class by continually blocking UI extensions, proposing to extend the retirement age to 70 and supporting tax cuts that only aid the top 2%. And this is just off the top of my head.

When you take away the mass majority of votes from all of these unfairly targeted social demographics and the people they represent, whom do you have left? Does this mean that I hate white men? Ask me again after I finish sleeping with mine later tonight. :rolleyes:

Anything else you have to say?

Last edited:

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
You replied that color was only applied by those of a certain political association.

No. You added the word "only" to my statement, twisted the meaning and came up with yet another faulty accusation that was already debunked. Stop phishing for an object to project your paranoia on. I am NOT the one.

Anything else?

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Phony, hhmmm. Funny how the liberal media attacked the price of Sarah Palins wardobe, but they are nowhere to be found when it comes to Michelle's countless vacations and the new helicopter that just had to be built.

"Former President George W. Bush was set to replace the aging helicopter fleet, but last year President Barack Obama scrapped the project after costs to upgrade the aircrafts' ability to withstand an attack sent the price skyrocketing to more than $13 billion from $6.1 billion.
Obama took aim at the soaring costs and said the current fleet of helicopters built by Sikorsky - some of them 35 years ago - was adequate."

And Vinyl, just so we are clear, you are saying that Republicans are white and racist. Thats a huge generalization. You are making racist comments, yes. Mods....

I find it beyond odd that you call for moderator intervention yet refuse to interact with the mod who refuted your ridiculous talking point.

Isn't Indy good enough for you?

1kmb1

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Considering 96% of blacks who voted in the last election chose Obama, I don't think that 1.38% statistic is much of a surprise at all. Blacks are in the pockets of the Democratic party. Wouldn't make much sense for them to get their news from a conservative media outlet considering their voting record.

it wouldnt make much sense for anyone to get their news from fox entertainment news.

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
Phony, hhmmm. Funny how the liberal media attacked the price of Sarah Palins wardobe, but they are nowhere to be found when it comes to Michelle's countless vacations and the new helicopter that just had to be built.
How do a vice presidential candidate's activities compare to those of the First Lady? (not that it matters)
Oh, I get it. You figured out that they're both women. That's the connection. How clever of you. LOL!

I'd be really interested to learn about "Michelle's countless vacations" and her new helicopter. Is it pink like Barbie's? Could you please provide some citation? Maybe she's flying down to the Crawford ranch to help "All hat, No cattle" GWB clear some brush?

You replied that color was only applied by those of a certain political association.
Where did he say that? Could you please provide a quote?

And Vinyl, just so we are clear, you are saying that Republicans are white and racist. Thats a huge generalization. You are making racist comments, yes. Mods....
:confused: Where did he say that "Republicans are white and racist"? If you're going to make rash statements, you better back it up with a quote. At any rate, how does accusing someone of racism make one a racist?

All that aside, it is undeniably clear that self-identified Republicans are overwhelmingly white when compared with Democrats, Independents or the population at large. Also overwhelmingly religious and conservative.

Racist attitudes are more difficult to identify, since most people don't willingly admit to that on surveys. However, it is abundantly clear to any honest person with even a little political awareness that this once respectable party and its minions have worked overtime to fuel racial division and attract racists into the big Repub circus tent for more than half a century (along with evangelical Christians for at least three decades). More than anything else, the emotional and divisive social issues they've disingenuously pushed to the top of their agenda have allowed them to expand their voter base and win elections. It's a tragic and despicable legacy, and the worst part is, the inmates now run the asylum.
Bob Herbert, a New York Times columnist, reported a 1981 interview with Lee Atwater, published in Southern Politics in the 1990s by Prof. Alexander P. Lamis, in which Lee Atwater discussed politics in the South:
"You start out in 1954 by saying, "Nigger, nigger, nigger." By 1968 you can't say "nigger"—that hurts you. Backfires. So you say stuff like forced busing, states' rights and all that stuff. You're getting so abstract now [that] you're talking about cutting taxes, and all these things you're talking about are totally economic things and a byproduct of them is [that] blacks get hurt worse than whites. And subconsciously maybe that is part of it. I'm not saying that. But I'm saying that if it is getting that abstract, and that coded, that we are doing away with the racial problem one way or the other. You follow me—because obviously sitting around saying, "We want to cut this," is much more abstract than even the busing thing, and a hell of a lot more abstract than "Nigger, nigger".
Herbert wrote in the same column, "The truth is that there was very little that was subconscious about the G.O.P.'s relentless appeal to racist whites. Tired of losing elections, it saw an opportunity to renew itself by opening its arms wide to white voters who could never forgive the Democratic Party for its support of civil rights and voting rights for blacks.

Are you going to call me a racist now? LOL.

It's clear from your answer that you didn't bother to read the article I linked from 8/16/2010.
It's clear from your quotation of the poster that he deleted his statement you were responding to. Are there any consequences dealt to people who alter or delete their posts after they've been responded to (and debunked)? Other than pointing them out to be worms and cheaters?

Is there a secret underground factory where they manufacture these Stepford Anchor robots?

Last edited:

Hephaestus

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I find it beyond odd that you call for moderator intervention yet refuse to interact with the mod who refuted your ridiculous talking point.

Isn't Indy good enough for you?

So, where to begin. Vinyl, you already got served by starinvestor, to which you had the audacity to say that those cases weren't important because those votes wouldn't have mattered. And, I added the word "only" to my statement, because its mine and I can word it how I want. You actually didn't.

To whoever it was who made the "vinyl never said Republican" comment. Read through the comments, it was obvious which side of the fence they were on. Which would make Vinyl on the otherside.

Jackass who made a weak attempt at a point about Palins wardrobe. That was to show that the mainstream media will focus on trivial subjects to make the Republicans seem wrong. But, take some notes from John Edwards, he's a stand-up guy.

And to Industrial. I did remove a portion of my comment because I had mispoke. I did read your thread and did see this, "However, the Navy in February announced it had resumed seeking a replacement of the Marine One fleet amid expectations that competition between aerospace behemoths such as Boeing and Sikorsky will drive down costs."

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
So, where to begin. Vinyl, you already got served by starinvestor, to which you had the audacity to say that those cases weren't important because those votes wouldn't have mattered. And, I added the word "only" to my statement, because its mine and I can word it how I want.
Oh, so you're entitled to put words in people's mouths because those words are yours? LOLOL!

Otherwise, WHAT THE HELL are you talking about? How does starinvestor figure into it??

Again, so we at least know what you're trying to talk about:
Could you please provide a quote?
To whoever it was who made the "vinyl never said Republican" comment. Read through the comments, it was obvious which side of the fence they were on. Which would make Vinyl on the otherside.
By "whoever" I believe you're referring to me, even though that's not what I said, even though you boldly put in quotation marks there. I made no statement whatsoever about what VB did or did not say. I simply asked you to show me where he said what you claimed he said. Please go back and read again.

At any rate, I'm not about to search through the entire thread trying to figure out from your vague, lameass statements and wild paraphrasing which posts you're referring to. Or whether they even exist. That's your job. Judging from what you've made up so far, it would be a fool's errand.

So again, WHAT THE HELL are you talking about??
Could you please provide a quote?
Jackass who made a weak attempt at a point about Palins wardrobe. That was to show that the mainstream media will focus on trivial subjects to make the Republicans seem wrong. But, take some notes from John Edwards, he's a stand-up guy.
By "Jackass" I see you're referring to me again. (Mods take note.) And by Edwards I assume you're referring to the fella who scuttled his presidential campaign inexplicably right before Super Tuesday, when he realized the media was sniffing out a story about him getting busy and siring a love child while his wife was battling cancer. Yeah, real standup guy.

Oh wait, was this a failed attempt at sarcasm? Surely not. If so, could you please explain how John Edwards has any relevance to the topic or the discussion? (Not to mention Sarah Palin, Michelle Obama, or starinvestor)

And to Industrial. I did remove a portion of my comment because I had mispoke. I did read your thread and did see this, "However, the Navy in February announced it had resumed seeking a replacement of the Marine One fleet amid expectations that competition between aerospace behemoths such as Boeing and Sikorsky will drive down costs."
So? What's your point???

BTW, why did you not respond to any of the many questions I directly posed to you challenging your absurd statements, all of which I quoted? Why don't you respond to me directly instead of obliquely referring to me as "whoever" or "Jackass"?

On second thought . . .

Please don't bother, and for chrissake, stop making shit up!!! Please just go away, and don't come back until you can have an honest debate and have something halfway coherent and relevant to say.

Last edited:

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
So, where to begin. Vinyl, you already got served by starinvestor, to which you had the audacity to say that those cases weren't important because those votes wouldn't have mattered.

I have the audacity to say that because if you actually did the math and counted the actual number of votes that ACORN registered in the 2008 election and subtracted it from the total number of votes Obama won by, he would still be ahead of McCain/Palin and would have won the presidency anyhow. So who served whom? The man with his partisan hackery & political bigotry or the man with mathematical figures behind him? Don't worry, I won't hold my breath waiting for an honest answer from you. :rolleyes:

And, I added the word "only" to my statement, because its mine and I can word it how I want. You actually didn't.

So you own up to wanting to have an intellectually dishonest and distorted opinion? That's fine. You can believe in the f**in' tooth fairy if you want, but that still doesn't change the facts. Don't bring your pathetic speculations to a debate that requires definitives.

Was it really? :rolleyes:
So not only are you an idiot who thought I hated white people, but also fail to see political issues beyond the scope of ones and zeroes? You're a mess. Anything else you'd like to share with the class or are you going to continue your crusade to try and make me look like an evil brown man? Your call. :rolleyes:

Hephaestus

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I have the audacity to say that because if you actually did the math and counted the actual number of votes that ACORN registered in the 2008 election and subtracted it from the total number of votes Obama won by, he would still be ahead of McCain/Palin and would have won the presidency anyhow. So who served whom? The man with his partisan hackery & political bigotry or the man with mathematical figures behind him? Don't worry, I won't hold my breath waiting for an honest answer from you. :rolleyes:

So this makes it ok, according to you. But oh god if they had shorted Obamas votes, would there be a peaceful protest? Probably not. Given the histoy of Liberal protests, people would probably end up dead. And yet again, throwing around the bigotry. Whats the matter? Just proving that Libs all start name-calling during any conversation?

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
So this makes it ok, according to you. But oh god if they had shorted Obamas votes, would there be a peaceful protest? Probably not. Given the histoy of Liberal protests, people would probably end up dead. And yet again, throwing around the bigotry. Whats the matter? Just proving that Libs all start name-calling during any conversation?
I am as Liberal as they come and I have never called anyone a name here.

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
... Libs all start name-calling during any conversation?

I believe liberals are probably a bit less inclined to resort to name-calling than conservatives.
Maybe I'm wrong there.
But they should be ... because the liberal view derives from a fundamental sense of human commonality. And if you have that sense, then your ego shouldn't be pushing you ahead into the little games where name-calling and all forms of diminishment of others is an easy resort.
That's why, though I don't like such behavior from anyone, I particularly dislike it when it falls from the mouths of liberals.
There seems an extra edge of hypocrisy to me ... and also a sense that they just don't get the point of their own, allegedly liberal view of life.

Me? I am probably a liberal, but close to the center.

Last edited:

TomCat84

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

1) Michelle Obama wasn't and isnt running for office against "elitists" 2) What fucking world do you live in? Every single news network I watched ran story after story about Michelle's vacations. Good god

TomCat84

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

:pat:

Voter registration fraud does NOT = voter fraud. Get it? Got it? Good. :rolleyes:

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
So this makes it ok, according to you. But oh god if they had shorted Obamas votes, would there be a peaceful protest? Probably not. Given the histoy of Liberal protests, people would probably end up dead.
So again, WHAT THE HELL are you talking about??
Could you please provide some citation?
And yet again, throwing around the bigotry. Whats the matter? Just proving that Libs all start name-calling during any conversation?
Jackass who made a weak attempt at a point about Palins wardrobe.
By "Jackass" I see you're referring to me again. (Mods take note.)
BTW, why did you not respond to any of the many questions I directly posed to you challenging your absurd statements, all of which I quoted? Why don't you respond to me directly instead of obliquely referring to me as "whoever" or "Jackass"?

On second thought . . .

Please don't bother, and for chrissake, stop making shit up!!! Please just go away, and don't come back until you can have an honest debate and have something halfway coherent and relevant to say.
Aside. How do you like your new acolyte, Star? :wink:

Last edited: