Fox News - Faux News - Fixed News

D_Ireonsyd_Colonrinse

Experimental Member
Media
Everyone knows that "fair and balanced" Fox News shills for the conservatives. Bill O'Reilly went on a tirade some months ago about the San Diego Padres baseball team's supposed "Gay Day". Here's how an article described it:

--------------------

On July 8, a group of gay people bought about a thousand group tickets to the San Diego Padres' home game against the Atlanta Braves. On the same night, the Padres were giving away a free floppy cap to kids age 14 and under. Three nights later, Fox News Channel host Bill O'Reilly launched into a 10-minute attack on the Padres and their gay fans.

"It is almost unbelievable, but the San Diego Padres scheduled a promotion for gays on the same day the team gave away hats to kids," O'Reilly said. "So thousands of gay adults showed up and commingled with families."

--------------------

In fact, O'Reilly has made a sort of cottage industry out of trashing the "gay agenda":

YouTube - O'Reilly's Homophobia

I have Fox News on in the background. A few minutes ago, on "Fox News Sunday", they had a story with the caption at the bottom of the screen: "TRASH ON THE BORDER WITH MEXICO POSES ENVIRONMENTAL PROBLEM"

Now, Fox News has never cared the slightest about "environmental issues" in the past (except when running "global warming is a hoax" stories). But, now, apparently illegal aliens crossing the border are "littering" - and leaving behind a trail of trash, empty water bottles and other non-biodegradable materials that are "destroying the border's natural majestic beauty", according to the Fox News anchor.

Anyone else have any Faux / Fixed / Fox News stories to share? They always crack me up. (& I need some cheering up!)

Last edited:

catman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
um...what about gay parents WITH their kids?

oh wait, they don't exist...right Bill?

(sheeeesh)

pym

Just Browsing
Media
It's just a case of "you don't have to convince me".
I noticed almost immediately around 10 years ago when he first came into my radar view, His penchant for constantly reminding viewers:
"And Remember, your in the 'NO-SPIN' {!} zone"
Several times during the course of any of his broadcasts.
Subtle Brain-washing?
I find him beneath contempt. And i think Shawn Hannity is even worse.

D_Ireonsyd_Colonrinse

Experimental Member
Media
I love when O'Reilly says (on that link posted above): ""There's no question that some powerful forces in America want to mainstream the 'gay lifestyle', and now, you can decide whether that's a good or a bad thing..." -- meaning, O'Reilly selects the story, skews the evidence, gives his viewers a one-sided, lopsided picture of the "gay lifestyle", hammers and bulldozes and ramrods his guests who believe otherwise.... but, that's okay, because you can decide.

Qua

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
O'Reilly selects the story, skews the evidence, gives his viewers a one-sided, lopsided picture of the "gay lifestyle", hammers and bulldozes and ramrods his guests who believe otherwise.... but, that's okay, because you can decide.

Ya know...it's a bit disingenuous to trash Bill O'Reilly when Chris Matthews does the absolute same thing. You could replace "O'Reilly" with "Matthews" and "gay lifestyle" with an appropriate issue that hard leftists disavow, Christianity perhaps, and you're post would still make perfect sense. Granted, O'Reilly claims to be in a "No Spin Zone" but Matthews never admits his glaring bias either. Besides, you're preaching to the choir, berating O'Reilly on this site. I'm sure it feels great to have everyone agree with you.

D

deleted15807

Faux News has dumbed down and tarted up journalism to the point where it's no longer even called journalism but infotainment to the detriment of democracy and an informed citizenry. The damage is incalculable.

O'Reilly: NEWS or Infotainment?

As Howard Dean put it, "My view is that Fox News is a propaganda outlet of the Republican Party..."

D_Rod Staffinbone

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
here's something i've found out through experience.
hetero america can accept you more if you're gay and fit into their stereotypes. but the more masculine and straight "acting" you are, even if it's not an "act", the more bent out of shape they get. it invades their "straight" world. baseball and football are part of their world still.

also, on another tread, that i've given more thought to in the past couple of days - straight actors can play gay roles. gay actors that come "out" are usually confined to gay roles thereever after. it's true more hetero folk are likely to see a gay themed film if they know straight actors are playing the parts., but really it's very much like the scene in milk when the publishers of the advocate tell milk that they would rather endorse a straight "gay-friendly" candidate, to make progress for gay rights, rather than endorse an actual gay candidate. i truly believe that's where we stand in the forest (of history) now. we "can't see the forest for the trees". history. as it plays out during one's own lifetime, is often like that.

i did mention baseball in my post, sorry if i digressed. RED SOX STILL RULE!

it's all way too interesting.

Last edited:

B_Nick4444

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
what these two gents said,

xcept: NY Mets Rule!!!

Ya know...it's a bit disingenuous to trash Bill O'Reilly when Chris Matthews does the absolute same thing. You could replace "O'Reilly" with "Matthews" and "gay lifestyle" with an appropriate issue that hard leftists disavow, Christianity perhaps, and you're post would still make perfect sense. Granted, O'Reilly claims to be in a "No Spin Zone" but Matthews never admits his glaring bias either. Besides, you're preaching to the choir, berating O'Reilly on this site. I'm sure it feels great to have everyone agree with you.

here's something i've found out through experience.
hetero america can accept you more if you're gay and fit into their stereotypes. but the more masculine and straight "acting" you are, even if it's not an "act", the more bent out of shape they get. it invades their "straight" world. baseball and football are part of their world still.

also, on another tread, that i've given more thought to in the past couple of days - straight actors can play gay roles. gay actors that come "out" are usually confined to gay roles thereever after. it's true more hetero folk are likely to see a gay themed film if they know straight actors are playing the parts., but really it's very much like the scene in milk when the publishers of the advocate tell milk that they would rather endorse a straight "gay-friendly" candidate, to make progress for gay rights, rather than endorse an actual gay candidate. i truly believe that's where we stand in the forest (of history) now. we "can't see the forest for the trees". history. as it plays out during one's own lifetime, is often like that.

i did mention baseball in my post, sorry if i digressed. RED SOX STILL RULE!

it's all way too interesting.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight

All right, I'll bite.

Please provide a clip of Chris Matthews calling Christianity a "lifestyle choice" and I'll believe you're not just playing devil's advocate.

Otherwise your point is a piece of specious deflection.

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I'll tandem Bbucko's bite with give me proof that liberals, by definition, are anti-Christian or anti-religion. Albeit, liberals do tend to continue to support the idea of the separation between church(es) and the State. And so it should remain that way.

Having grown up in a theocracy (The Beehive State) where I was accused of being anti-religion/christian just because I wasn't a sheep waiting to be sheared by the mormon church did not mean that I had no religious faith or belief. I simply didn't have (and still do not have) any belief in The Church of Cheese and Rice and Rattle the Snakes. So, prove to me that liberals are anti christian and I'll be happy to copy/paste your comments and pass them on to some very liberal yet devout Methodists, Catholics, and Lutherans among whom I am pleased to regard as close friends. Then I'll let them get back to you.

Last edited:

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Post of the month.

D_Ireonsyd_Colonrinse

Experimental Member
Media
Qua: "You could replace "O'Reilly" with "Matthews" and "gay lifestyle" with an appropriate issue that hard leftists disavow, Christianity perhaps, and you're post would still make perfect sense. Granted, O'Reilly claims to be in a "No Spin Zone"....."

--------------------

It's always seemed to me that the political right uses Christianity as a (specifically political) recruiting tool much more than the left uses "anti-Christianity".

What you cons don't seem to get is: Liberals believe in choice, as in abortion choice (let the woman decide the fate of her own body) -- and religious (or non-religious, ie atheistic) choice. Pro-life positions (which seek to deny choice) and adherence to "Judeo-Christian values" (which may have worked swimmingly in 1776, when the U.S. population was at 2.5 million, but don't work as well in pluralistic 2009 when the population is nearly 304 million) are practically tenets of the Republican National Platform. Christianity, by the way, may be a tradition (like slavery was), but is not singled out in the U.S. Constitution (there is no mention of "Christianity" specifically) .

Here's a clip of Bill O'Reilly's never-ending "War on Christmas".

Bill-O is very big on targeting department stores that "refuse" to use the word Christmas in its advertising, or who employ cashiers who "refuse" to say Merry Christmas. Bill-O's guest is John Gibson (author of the book "War on Christmas"). Together, they bemoan the terms "holdiay tree" and "winter break" (instead of Christmas break) - and John Gibson explains that it "indicates hostility" when Toys 'R' Us "refuses to use the word Christmas" in holiday advertising.

YouTube - O'Reilly's "War" on Christmas

JustAsking

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
...You could replace "O'Reilly" with "Matthews" and "gay lifestyle" with an appropriate issue that hard leftists disavow, Christianity perhaps ....

WTF? The Left has an issue with Christianity? What kind of paranoid delusion is that?

I think it might be more appropriate to say that the majority of Christians belong to mainstream denominations, and they have a big problem with right wing religious fundamentalism of all kinds, including Christian fundamentalism.

Is that what you meant to say?