Fragile Male Ego

B_lrgeggs

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
I thought this thread is dealing not with just ego...but rather "Male Ego".
I don't know if women have the same pressure to prove that they are
women as men do to prove that they are men. I posted earlier that being gay
the biggest thing that pissed me off about being gay is how do I prove that
I am a man, when one of the gold standards of being a man in our culture is
our sexual prowess with the ladies. Or lets just say its sexual prowess period...I'm still pretty much on the low end. Anyway..that is where I stand.

Endued

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
In general, the larger the ego the more fragile it is, even if on the surface it seems exceedingly robust. I've got a friend like this. Take the piss out of him/beat him at pool/out-do him in some way/disagree with his plans etc etc. and he'll have a strop. Silly really.

Catharsis

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Oh, for some reason I thought this topic was related to the examples the OP listed, haha.

I don't think male egos are fragile if it's not related to insecurity in that department, in all honesty. I've had some bad experience that I'm not very confident at all down there, but I don't let that dictate how I run the rest of my life.

I wouldn't say I'm egotistic, but I know where I stand and I don't really care what others would think of me. This isn't to say that I don't try to make myself presentable in public, but I'm not going to worry about how negatively people think of me, which (I think) more women would be concerned about. They're always judged for anything and everything they do.

Last edited:

B_Bjen2848

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I thought this thread is dealing not with just ego...but rather "Male Ego".
I don't know if women have the same pressure to prove that they are
women as men do to prove that they are men. I posted earlier that being gay
the biggest thing that pissed me off about being gay is how do I prove that
I am a man, when one of the gold standards of being a man in our culture is
our sexual prowess with the ladies. Or lets just say its sexual prowess period...I'm still pretty much on the low end. Anyway..that is where I stand.

i think this is basically the large source of most male ego, as guys, we always get "tested" multiple times a day, whether it be some guy being rude to your girlfriend and having to defend her, or how people in my generation use "gay" as a put down as if being a homosexual is a negative thing, or terms like "stop acting like a girl" or "man up" etc. its all wrapped around being the ideal man ... and women push this as well and its just something that you have to deal with growing up as a boy in this world

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
none. i don't fuck men with fragile egos.
^ this. i've tried it. they end up needing rehab, therapy, or both.

my ego has grown into a huge beast. like the biggest predator in the jungle, it fears no foe. it is aware of it's weaknesses and has decided that those are the weaknesses that only cool people have. it laughs at the pathetic little egos that try to bring it down with their little peashooter pellets of insults.

it accidentally crushes smaller egos :frown1:

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
It's not easy, but I'm finding it is best to NOT stamp a big "L" on anyone's forehead.

Call me unhip, but what's the L supposed to stand for? On the show 'Red Dwarf' one of the characters had a large letter on their forehead too. It didn't stop him from having rather a lot of resilient ego...

Wrat

Expert Member
Media
As mentioned above, in the middle, between the eas
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I sometimes work with people who are very intelligent, "Type A" personalities. I often have to bring them down to the ground in a fashion that will allow them to make good decisions in an environment where they will be financially destroyed if they do not accept unflattering propositions. Male or female, I sometimes get violent opposition to the suggestion that they do not hold the supreior position in the transaction. Amidst their egotistical rage, I am generally the one who offers them the final ultimatum. This is because working with me, although I am not a flattering sort, is far better than being thrown to the beasts, which is what happens without me.

B_lrgeggs

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Do not consider it at all. Anyone who is insure enough to be wounded by the remarks of others and his own personal judgments is really not worth my time.

Maybe times are different but when I was entering the workforce, the status quo was everyone was straight and everyone got married. And if that was not the case...then something must be wrong with you. That's just the way it was
and many people paid the price. Today, it's not like that, but it still exists in
certain circles

VernalTiger

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Call me unhip, but what's the L supposed to stand for? On the show 'Red Dwarf' one of the characters had a large letter on their forehead too. It didn't stop him from having rather a lot of resilient ego...

Rimmer from Red Dwarf had a 'H' for Hologram, to differentiate him from the humans... Where's MoT? He should be all over this!

ManofThunder

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Rimmer from Red Dwarf had a 'H' for Hologram, to differentiate him from the humans... Where's MoT? He should be all over this!
How did you know I like Red Dwarf!? :eek: Do you have special powers? Ms Tiger is quite right. :cool: Smeg-head! :biggrin1:

He's got to sleep and eat and have sex and stuff. Thanks for explaining. :wink:
Indeed, I do. :tongue:

VernalTiger

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
How did you know I like Red Dwarf!? :eek: Do you have special powers? Ms Tiger is quite right. :cool: Smeg-head! :biggrin1:

Indeed, I do. :tongue:

Mr T, I just know these things... Promise I haven't been looking in your windows! And I'll ask you to watch your language, young man!

ManofThunder

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Mr T, I just know these things... Promise I haven't been looking in your windows! And I'll ask you to watch your language, young man!
Sorry, no offence intended. :tongue: So, you're the peeping tom! I would never have guessed. :wink: