Fragile Male Ego

D_Eddington Wormring

Experimental Member
Media
male ego is the womans job to build it up-not knock it down. An ego is related to the people around you, where you fit in, where you rate. If i had a woman to tell me how important i am to her, then i would be on top of the world and my ego wouldnt exist. but becuase i dont have anyone-i have to convince people that im worth their time=ego. being alone only makes your ego more fragile.

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
i have an adult ego.
it is built on self awareness and self improvement.
it doesn't rely on pats on the head to sustain it.
your ego is a needy child.
i don't date children.

The key is to have a realistic self-assessment and base you ego on that. Developing an ego based on exaggerations and lies makes it fragile. . . a little chip in the facade can lead to a vast drop! I think people with fragile egos are basing their ego on delusion: like walking on a high narrow mountain ledge. Unless you constantly worry and watch your step you could have a great fall. Better to be grounded with a realistic ego.

"Don't be ridiculous! Who am I going to meet between here and the laundry room? You're being weird and possessive, but don't worry, you can't get rid of me that easily.

What da ya think? Did he stop being possessive or just learn to repress or hide it? Can men ever get over that?

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
^ this. i've tried it. they end up needing rehab, therapy, or both.

my ego has grown into a huge beast. like the biggest predator in the jungle, it fears no foe. it is aware of it's weaknesses and has decided that those are the weaknesses that only cool people have. it laughs at the pathetic little egos that try to bring it down with their little peashooter pellets of insults.

it accidentally crushes smaller egos :frown1:

dang i miss the loverly Ms. Dolfette..
and her tyrantadon of an ego *sigh*

come back, Ms. Dolfie, and bring stabby with you!!

Smaccoms

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Sometimes I meet this really hot guy and I'm like, chill chill. Then I realize he's got this "I've got a crush on him but it's a him" kinda vibe coming from him. A lot of the time, part of it comes from the fact that my gender identity is what I want it to be because I understand the fact that gender is a binary. In other words, I know who I am and what I want, and that's "crushable" compared to his FRAGILE MALE EGO!! Also, this disproves the sexual binary as well.

Humans should learn at this point that nature almost NEVER deals in absolute dichotomies. There is almost always more than two choices available (i.e. male versus female, which creates the gay versus straight phenomenon we see today). I would also like to contend that the "spectrum" (from gay to straight) does not actually move away from this binary. It simply makes those who believe in the binary feel better about yourselves.

I am pansexual and my gender identity is some form of "male". It is constructed of what my peers and I think and have constructed. I only accept the social constructions if I say they are good enough for me. HUZZAH!

Smaccoms

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
male ego is the womans job to build it up-not knock it down. An ego is related to the people around you, where you fit in, where you rate. If i had a woman to tell me how important i am to her, then i would be on top of the world and my ego wouldnt exist. but becuase i dont have anyone-i have to convince people that im worth their time=ego. being alone only makes your ego more fragile.

...talk about being sexist. A woman does only what she pleases to do, because guess what? SHE IS HER OWN PERSON!!

I guess it's a good thing he was banned.

Tactfulgal

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm attracted to guys who have confidence and comfort with themselves. If a guy has confidence issues with his parts or sexuality, I probably wouldn't be attracted to him for very long and it would never develop into a relationship. So for me this question is really a moot point.