Frank Zappa

B_Anzalone

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Am I the only one under 30 that likes him? Or I guess the better question would be, am I the only person on the planet that likes him? I've heard that during his career he released more than 60! albums! 60! SIXTY!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Catholic Girls!

They're learning to Blow!

All the...

Catholic Boys!

.... Dare I say it? ... Genius!:biggrin1:

dirnsa

Just Browsing
Media
No you are not, I work as a percussion instructor for an area HS and have turned several people into zappa fans. I suggest albums to them all the time, my favorite is best band you never heard. Wish they would have recorded more concerts. I truley miss his music

B_Anzalone

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
dirnsa said:
No you are not, I work as a percussion instructor for an area HS and have turned several people into zappa fans. I suggest albums to them all the time, my favorite is best band you never heard. Wish they would have recorded more concerts. I truley miss his music

Yea, i think he ws much better live than in the studio... I love his instrumental Jazz... especially "I promise I won't cum inside"...

rawbone8

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Kiss my aura… Dora…
M-M-M… it's real angora
Would y'all like some more-a?
Right here on the flora?
An' how 'bout you, Fauna?
Y'wanna?

from Dinah Mo Hum

:redface:

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Dreamed I was an eskimo...

Was a hundred degrees below 100.... and my mama cried, and my mama cried

(Nanook of the North, don't be a naughty eskimo)

Well I turned around and I said "oh, oh... and the northern lights commenced a glow".

WATCH OUT WHERE THE HUSKIES GO, AND DON'T YOU EAT THAT YELLOW SNOW

I'm slightly over 30, but can play Peaches on 3 instruments... if that counts.

Zappa is that rare American phenomena... that most American's don't get. Germans love David Hasselhoff and the Scandanavians love Zappa..... yet vastly underappreciated (can Hasselholf be underappreciated, if his talent is near zil??... it must be the dark dress socks the Germans wear on the riveria... must be me)... I hear Catherine Zeta-Jones was a total clown in the UK, but made it big here. Go figure. She's married to a sex-addict who has his own private room at Mitchell Brothers... ;-)

D_alex8

Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
faceking said:
Germans love David Hasselhoff and the Scandanavians love Zappa..... yet vastly underappreciated (can Hasselholf be underappreciated, if his talent is near zil??... it must be the dark dress socks the Germans wear on the riveria... must be me)...
*cough*

The main fan-base for the Hoff over here is a certain genre of middle-aged women with a profound love of schmaltz... the German equivalent of those who fawn over Cliff Richard in the UK. It is dreadful when these same blue-rinsed women turn up at the beach in their dark socks and sandals though. :tongue: :rolleyes:

jakeatolla

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Movin' to Montanna soon......
Growing it up, waxing it down....
Gonna grow me some organic dental floss......

B_Anzalone

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
rawbone8 said:
Kiss my aura… Dora…
M-M-M… it's real angora
Would y'all like some more-a?
Right here on the flora?
An' how 'bout you, Fauna?
Y'wanna?

from Dinah Mo Hum

:redface:

LOL omg, i was singing that song all night at work!

I got a spot that gets me HOT! and you ain't been to it!

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
"She was a funky little Jewish Princess (la la la la) With plenty of money and a hairdo that rinses"

An underappreciated genius, for sure.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I have to reluctantly admit I am also a Zappa fan, despite his (not-so-subtle) homophobia. There you have it. He was a musical and lyrical genius. While a lot of folks thought he just wrote funny nonsense lyrics, they were actually quite the sociopolitical comments.

By the way, he should have been punished severerly for naming his children Moon Unit and Dweezil.

Dr. Dilznick

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Just wanted to take this opportunity to say that Apostrophe (') is one of the hardest tracks of all time. The drum break especially pwns.

absinthium

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
For a while, I would include the song "Flakes" at the end of all the mixed tapes and cd compilations I made for people. I eventually stopped putting the name of the song on the tracklist, and stuck it on there as a steamy lil surprise.

I don't think anyone ever appreciated it, but it sure made me giggle.

B_Anzalone

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Some people like cupcakes better... I for one care less for them.

Some people, some people like cupcakes exclusively, while i say there is not, nor ought there something so exalted on god's grey earth as that prince of foods.... the Muffin!

B_Anzalone

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
DC_DEEP said:
I have to reluctantly admit I am also a Zappa fan, despite his (not-so-subtle) homophobia. There you have it. He was a musical and lyrical genius. While a lot of folks thought he just wrote funny nonsense lyrics, they were actually quite the sociopolitical comments.

By the way, he should have been punished severerly for naming his children Moon Unit and Dweezil.

Sorry for the double post, but he ddnt actually "name" his son Dweezil, The hospital his son was born at wouldn't put Dweezxil on the birth certificate, so they hadta change it later.