Frat guys

OC_Dallas

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
i'm in a "frat" and will not post any stories about our initiation.

also in my 2 years of being in a FRATERNITY (wouldn't call your country a cunt would ya?) there has never been in "homosexual" activity! crazy stereotypes!

visceraltuning

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
i'm in a "frat" and will not post any stories about our initiation.

also in my 2 years of being in a FRATERNITY (wouldn't call your country a cunt would ya?) there has never been in "homosexual" activity! crazy stereotypes!

Your house wasn't just paid a visit by someone from the national chapter, was it, because that lecture sounds vaguely familiar . . . and while I don't ever refer to my country as a cunt, I often refer to some frats as cunts.

roger_dodger

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Wtf is this code that frats live by. Who cares what initiation is? If someone wants to know then just tell them. I have no interest in hearing homosexual frat stories, but I would love to hear about the kid crying while he was getting his ass paddled.

I have had one of my college friends explain their whole process and it seemed pretty lame. He would tell everyone the initiation. He agreed with me, who cares?

rangisrovus19

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
i am in a fraternity. i am gay, out, and everyone loves me. every chapter is different, at every school. it's not all the same- t r u s t m e . people have bad ideas about what a fraternity is and the benefits, fun, and lessons come from the overall experience. and as harsh as it may sound, sometimes fraternities don't apply to everyone for whatever reasons. i would not judge someone immediately just because whether or not they were in the Greek system.

I have dealt with an array of walks of life... It is very, very hard for me not to like someone, but I will admit there are some houses out there that apply the stereotypes, and I personally do not like that for that very reason. But also be aware that some of the greatest people you will meet or already have probably were affiliated with the greek life... maybe you just don't know it!

ucsb123

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
It's whatever. I was in a fraternity...and the whole initiation thing is whatever. However, since I pledged to keep it a secret I will. And that simply is because I am still friends with people in the fraternity, thus still loyal to my friends (regardless or not I'm a brother, loyalty is still loyalty). I find it funny the whole aspect of people trying to find some homo-erotic symbolism. It's not there for the majority of people. The exceptions stick out. A fraternity is simply another club in which however there are rituals, but the rituals are meant as bonding. I feel closer to my pledge brothers after pledging and initiation, it bonded our brotherhood. Too bad drama got into the way, but that's a different story.

califpat

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I was in a fraternity as well, and could care less about the initiation part of it. I wouldn't have told anyone while I was there in college, but as you get older you realize that it was cool for that time and that age. People hate fraternities, how many Lifetime movies involve a gang rape with 9 frat guys all raping some girl? And the idea that they are all rich??? what a joke that is...none of my friends ever had any money... It always has pissed me off, ridiculous stereotypes...

There was never any homo erotic stuff in my fraternity either, never any...though I know their are guys that have since come out of the closet years later...There is no 'code' but people who weren't in a fraternity don't get it and have no idea how any of it works...and for future knowlege, any one who calls it a 'frat' was never in a fraternity

hotbtminla

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I will be in a Frat at UVA this fall, and I seriously doubt all the sex stuff or nudity happens lol

I went to UVA. You're in for a surprise. :wink:

Even non-Greeks "streak the Lawn" at least once (I did it 20 times - hell, even Katie Couric admitted to doing it when she was an undergrad :cool:). The prevalence of nude activity at that school in general is nothing when compared to Fraternity Row. :biggrin1:

I was a proud GDI when I was there. I didn't begrudge Greeks much, but I do recall working on a project in the computer lab at 3am with a friend and we'd both gotten so exasperated that we mocked up a graphic for our new co-ed fraternity, Beta Upsilon Tau Tau. My housemates put it on some t-shirts that caused a bit of a stir... "Some people think they're the shit, but we're the butt." with "BUTT Rush '96" at the bottom.

B_boynextdoorkpt

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Hey hotbtm, I really do not know what to expect. I am going there for the weekend in June for new first year student weekend with my parents. We get to go all over the campus, register for classes, and meet roomates. Also visit Monticello. Looking forward to it. What was your major? If you seen my pics, do u think I will be able to find a nice guy to hang with for some learning experiences?

hotbtminla

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
You'll love it. Beautiful grounds, and it's very much a work-hard, play-hard school. Lots of traditions, many of them weird, and some legends that are so hard to believe they have to be true.

I think you'll do just fine if you're looking for a guy a to "show the ropes" so to speak. :tongue: