Frat Hazing

Jaxence

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
So for those of u who were in a fraternity, what was the worst thing you had to do as part of your hazing?

jeepster99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Hmm, lemme think. I would probably say that my frat was pretty chill in terms of hazing--I just graduated in May 2009. I went to a private university, so I would say the worst thing about pledgeship was the mass amounts of underground drinking that took place(we had underground drinking societies that stemmed from being in a frat as well so it was like getting hazed twice almost). Everyone on campus knew about the $500 ambulance fee for being sent to the hospital for alcohol poisoning because it did happen every once in a while--usually with the chicks though. But besides doing your usual house cleanup, being at the meetings, eating with your pledge brothers every night, sober driving, running errands, wearing a tie to class everyday, and partaking in the use of illicit drugs that were floating around we didnt do anything too strenuous. At the final initiation, we did get spanked with the legendary frat paddle, but we didnt have to pull down our pants or anything.

John.Heath

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
When I went thru pledging, they had clamped down so much on hazing due to so many incidents, we hardly had any at all... this was early 90's though...

dr_pepper

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Back in the 60's I had a couple friends die due to extreme hazing, so I am not really big on frats. My father and I are at odds on that since it was because of the frat he was in that he got to go to college (worked at the house to earn his room and board). So I understand his position. Time I went to college, I was in my 30's so it was never an issue.

BiItalianBro

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I am with Jeepster and John.H....by the time i was a pledge in the early 90's...the 'haze' was more psychological than physical. Of course, they told us stories of the 'good old days' and kept us in fear...but our National and school Honor Council had clamped down so much that it was nothing more than talk.

We had underground drinking clubs at my school too....as a not so proud alum of the 'Funnel Club', I have to say that initiation was much more brutal.

hsarge

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You tell a pledge his dick is too small. Then take him to the top of a five story dorm; make him tie the end of twine, hooked to a rope, to the end of his dick. The other end of the rope is tied to a brick. Then you throw the brick out the window. The rope uncoils; unknown to the pledge, the rope is cut near the end. that was the sixties; Lots of jokes, but no torture.

baldyboy8000

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
In the late 50s, the upper classmates cut the freshmen's hair into a mohawk, hung a fresh onion around their neck and made them pull their pants (jeans) up as high as they could so their package would be more visible. The upper classmates would walk around grabbing or handling the guys package anytime they wanted. This went on for two weeks.

novice_btm

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Well, our first class assignment was to learn the Greek alphabet. Because I was able to read Greek since I was about 5 or 6, I wrote it out, in Greek. :biggrin: They didn't really know what to do with it, since none of them could really read it. Since pledges were never allowed to get a perfect score, they took points off for not writing out the names in English. :rolleyes: I ace'd the next assignment too, so pretty quickly, I kinda became my class' pet pledge, and avoided most of the grief that the other guys got. :wink: They had lots of errands, blind-folded embarrassment, screaming until they were hoarse, other times not allowed to speak, etc.

Reactions: 11235

shayrossen

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Phi Gamma Delta here (FIJI) - sad to say we did a lot of stupid stuff, like filling a guys briefs with peanut butter as he was going out the door to class; having a dude lay on the grass outside the house, underneath a folding chair and make lewd comments to the hot chicks; about the only "interesting" thing was some wild shit with a dildo now and then; all in all, pretty tame stuff ... oh yeah, and a hell of a lot of drinking

D_Doe_Ray_Mi

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Delta Sigma Delta - they'd find out something embarrassing about us or something we'd said about a brother and confront us in front of the whole chapter. No sexual or abusive stuff. Good drinking parties though.

Kimahri

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Sig Ep here. I'm thoroughly disappointed with my pledging. I was expecting a lot more than what I got. I knew there'd be a lot of stupid things I'd have to do (I was 21 when I pledged), but really wanted to be in one. The chapter I joined was just installed and HQ had them under a microscope, so none of the "good stuff" happened. Although we do have a meaningful ceremony that's very good.

MH07

Expert Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Sigma Chi.

"Hazing" for us consisted of being yelled at a lot. Nothing more. No sex. No drugs (well, there was a group of brothers into that, and a group of pledges also into that, so they got on well together, but the rest of us didn't). No violence. Lots of drinking.

Sorry to disappoint everyone. Well, I will admit that I had sex with one guy, and that my last "little brother" turned into my lover of 5 years later on---but those are not "hazing".

cdog204

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
My fraternity got kicked off campus and lost its charter the year I was pledging it... I won't say which or the chapter since I'm still friendly with lots of those guys. We got canned because supposedly the 'hazing' was too severe. I was on the receiving end of it, and I found the whole thing to be quite funny actually.

The incident that got us kicked off, the final straw, was similar to the rope thing described above. They had us completely naked in the middle of the winter on the roof of the house, a 4 story castle in Upstate New York. They tied us together with some sort of string by our dicks and claimed that they had cinder blocks tied onto both ends of the rope. They walked the line and had each of us grab the cinder block to see how heavy it was, then they threw a cinder block tied to another rope down. It was tied to a stick which snapped. Then they blindfolded us and started 'grilling' us with fraternity fact trivia. They said the first wrong question and they would throw the blocks. I knew that they wouldn't or that the rope was probably cut, faked, or too long to be a hazard, but one guy didn't and he freaked out. He dropped out of the pledge class and gave detailed reports to the University, which was glad to throw us the hell out.

Other notable 'hazing' events included making us 'fuck' some sort of a big dead fish (in its mouth) in front of the class (wearing a condom) to prove I have no idea what. Also, each of us had to deliver two pairs of stolen panties. Towards the end we each had to produce a 'real' girl who would be willing to do a striptease for at least four senior brothers just because we had asked her to do so.

Overall I found 'hazing' to be a blast and I'm still bitter that some fucking losers who couldn't take it ruined it for the rest of us.

BigDallasDick8x6

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
My fraternity got kicked off campus and lost its charter the year I was pledging it... I won't say which or the chapter since I'm still friendly with lots of those guys. We got canned because supposedly the 'hazing' was too severe.

It was probably in the news then, so it's not really a secret.

funnyguy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
In the '50s---not much hazing (minor yelling at). We had to make paddles for our Big Brothers, but they were more ornamental and not used. Then during Hell Week, we had to wear burlap underwear and carry members books to classes all week. Finally, they took us and cut our pubes short, covered us with honey, let us get dressed and then took us out into the country and deserted us to find our way back. Next day was initation and that was cool--a good celebration and very formal.

B_625girth

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
my experience was from '70, '71. lack of sleep was very detrimental, I know at one point I was running on 2 hours of sleep for 3 days. we cleaned the frat house top to bottom, went to class, had line-ups at nite(hours of push ups, sit ups with someone yelling in your face). the worst was eating dinner out of a real garbage can, scraps, potato peals, hunks of butter, etc more than one of my brothers puked their guts out. the penalty? more push ups. when we got done with hell week, I told everybody to fuck off, drank a couple beers and passed out for 2 days.