Frat Life

SpeedoMike

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
your experience will depend on the kind of guys in the fraternity you pledge. You might find it very difficult to pledge if [heavy] drinking and debauchery are expected. With the right group, it can be a great experience. My frat life was great but my "brothers" didn't force their lifestyles on me. I'm not sure that kind of frat exists on today's campuses.

PM me if ya want...

silvertriumph2

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Frat like can be and is a great experience. You make life long friends and can be very helpful when it comes to business connections. My roommate and another brother went on to become US astronauts and are now famous. Another was best man at my wedding and I am Godfather to one of his sons, and we are like brothers still. Joining a frat was one of my best life decisions.

However, there are many kinds of fraternities....some good, and other not so good, and even others that are only party frats.

Partying is good, but going to university or college is mainly for learning. Since I had arrived at university after a hitch in the Navy, I was a bit older and more settled and serious. I chose a fraternity known to be respected by the university town, students, and faculty, and for it's good study practices as well as a demand by the frat that they be followed, and one that demanded good grade averages. Also important, was the fraternity's
athletic prowess, community involvement and service, one that was known for its popularity and respect on campus (by both men and women), and of course, known for it's social skills (ie. partying). And, one that had not been repremanded or punished for being rowdy, holding drunken brawls, or refusing to follow the rules that forbid hazing that was harmful or dangerous.

If you close a frat that is only interested in drinking and partying (an animal house, for example), you will not end up doing the studying and learning for which you are attending university. And, more than likely your brothers will not be the kind to be lifelong friends and will drop by the wayside a few years after you graduate.....if you graduate.

It is up to you...ALL partying and NO LEARNING...or... LEARNING FIRST,
and SOME partying. The later is a good balance and you will not be sorry!

If you would like....PM me with any questions.