Fraternity stories

Ericsson1228d

Experimental Member
Media
I was in a fraternity at a Big Ten school, and while secrecy is a "way of life," there was one of the officers who tended to recruit guys who were attractive and might be pegged as in the closet gays. The rumor was that while he had a GF, he liked having an in-house cocksucker, to use when needed. Never witnessed anything, but that is what some people thought.

Eric

buddy629

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
there are no circle jerks and homo stuff. whoever thinks that is an idiot. its about having a brotherly bond with your closest friends and having a good time. i know first hand. this thread is dumb

My roommate was in a national fraternity in college. He said he that he and his frat brothers were drunk/high almost all of the time and did a LOT of serious partying. Moreover, there was a good amount of Homo activity as well. Very few of his frat brothers were gay, but a lot of the straight guys experimented with him and the other frat brothers...oral/jack off mostly. He said it was a lot of fun, and a LOT of cum was spilled in that frat house. He was very active in the legislative portion of his fraternity in college, is still active in his alumni association, and is still friends with many of his fraternity brothers.

Don't ask which fraternity it was...I'm not telling, he would be easy to find.

D_Lairethorpp Longhornne

Account Disabled
Media
This is one of the most reasonable threads I have seen on LPSG. In Canada we don't general have frats. When I went to university 20 years ago, there were all-male and all-female residences. Nowadays they mostly have co-ed residences, some with co-ed bathrooms. This is mainly because having women present reduces the animal house behavior of the guys, who left to their own devices tend to trash the residence a bit (playing hockey in the halls smashing into things etc.)

I lived in an all-male residence on campus for four years. It was broken up into floors of about 30 or so guys, mostly double rooms (two guys in a room) with some single rooms. Like the other people in this thread, I am sorry to disappoint, but it was no paradise of male-male activity.

Like a typical male group (at least one 20 years ago) the overall tone was homophobic and anti-masturbation, all about scoring with chicks. There was a common bathroom with separate shower stalls, it was no different from any locker room. I showered very early in the morning, I doubt I saw another guy's gear during my whole 4 years there.

The most that ever happened was some initiation foolishness to embarass the new guys, e.g. having them wear their underwear during the initation, making them go stand holding their dicks and sing a song in front of one of the women's residences. On very rare occasions guys would do their girlfriends in the same room while their roommate was trying to sleep - this was usually considered bad and annoying behavior though, since guys were often sleep deprived from too much studying or partying.

That's it. Sorry not to help your fantasies.

D

deleted32404

As a proud alumn of a major national college social fraternity, I can tell you that I was the only one I know of that identified as Gay in adulthood. I CAN tell you that there was MUCH sexual tension at times in the house, with 55 horny guys 18-21. As someone who understood his sexual interests early in life, I had great fun taking loads from all my "straight" brothers. Isn't sexuality a trip? I mean, most of these guys would never even admit it now in private unless they were drunk....some of them were insatiable the time, however. Much to my enjoy enjoyment.

gymfresh

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
College fraternaties (for men) and sororities (for women) are exclusive private student societies that a prospective member must be voluntarily initiated into. Some fraternities are more selective than others. Some are very exclusive and require new recruits to be invited in by an exisiting member. Others may accept prospective new members without a recruiting sponsor. Regardless, all fraternities require some sort of trial period where the social graces, the grooming habits, the academic performance and athletic success of the propective new member (called a "pledge") are critically evaluated by the fraternity's members. At the end of the trial period, the pledges are either accepted or rejected by the fraternity's members.

There are scores (perhaps hundreds) of fraternities in the US. Some of them emphasize academics, others emphasize athletics, others emphasize wealth and social status, while others apparently focus on little more than alcohol, drugs and partying. A common bond of interest or loyalty is supposed to bind the fraternity members together in brotherhood. Regardlesss of their individual special emphasis, fraternities have gained a reputation for being notorious for wild partying.

Oh good grief. This view of fraternities is at least 40 years old.

I joined a national fraternity my sophomore year of college. It was, bar none, the single smartest thing I did in all 4 years. As I tell many people, my fraternity is where I learned to be a man -- nothing less. It reinforced every lesson of love, compassion, humor, loyalty and diversity that my parents started. A large part of our national and local mission was philanthropy, and we collectively devoted thousands of hours to community literacy, housing and other projects.

Yes, membership was selective, but not elitist. You had to show a genuine interest in joining and being active in building a great place to belong. In return, brothers would advocate for your membership. Our "national" did away with pledges in the early 1970's and replaced it with associate members. What this means is that instead of abusing new members and putting them through painful or absurd tasks, the concept was turned on its head: the brothers treated the associate members like princes and made our 3 month "pledge" period a lasting memory of how to honor new friends.

Initiation was so thoroughly rehearsed (all year) and choreographed by the brothers that its beauty and message deeply impressed all of us. I remember one brother compare it in my paddle talk to a wedding. (A paddle talk, a mocking reference to years ago when brothers smacked pledges with a paddle, was a journey each associate member undertook to seek out each brother during the 3 month pledge period and have a heart-to-heart talk with him about school, family, life and fraternity. It gave you a chance to know every brother on a more personal level before initiation.)

Yes, there were erotic times, at least by my definition. Some are deeply personal (even the one that involved all 100 of us simultaneously) and I won't share them on a public forum. Others were humorous, mainstream
and/or spontaneous and I would be happy to describe them. All in all, it was an experience that brings me joy and gratitude even today, and I willingly donate money and volunteer to the organization some 30 years after joining.

Last edited:

gymfresh

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
OK, now some of the shit we did that's more of interest to this group.

Nudity was no big deal. I went to college in the era when all of us had come out of high schools -- both public and private -- that had gym class and showers. We'd all been nude in front of other guys either in jr. high PE, high school PE or after sports practices.

The nudity started your first night as an associate member in a brawl that started out as a drinking party for all new and existing members of the fraternity and ended up becoming basically a wrestling match between the AMs and brothers. Before you knew it, clothes were literally being ripped off each other left and right (we'd been warned to bring gym clothes to change into at the party "that we never wanted to see again"). By this time everybody in the room was buckass naked and the floor had a good inch or more of beer and water, perfect for pledge bowling (the brothers would take a new member by the arms and legs and slide him down the floor to the other end of the room, where 10 AMs were arranged as "pins").

The party lasted through most of the night, with brothers teaching AMs bawdy songs that had been passed down through the years. By the end of the night, after hours of of deeply bonded new buds drinking and hanging out naked together, we all ran upstairs, crammed into the few showers, and cleaned up. Some went out to see their girlfriends and others went home to catch a few hours sleep before class.

I was awarded a football jersey with the greek letters in front and "LS" on the back, for Long Schlong. One brother got a jersey each year. The girls on campus all knew what it stood for, since its meaning had leaked out long ago. I was expected to wear it to the cafeteria and to class at certain intervals, and I did it with pride. I still have my shirt.

Throughout the years nudity was commonplace. In the warm months, the guys routinely sunbathed nude or in jockstraps on the roof or patio. I remember one January night that everyone who was at the house got naked except for sneakers, grabbed our lacrosse sticks, and played naked lacrosse in 30 degree weather in the dark on the frozen hockey field next to the house. Dangerous, painful and fun.

Sometimes when having a party at our house with a sorority, someone would yell "Get naked!" and the guys would all strip off, with the girls laughing, and serve drinks naked to their dates for the next couple of hours. It was the most natural thing in the world.

A couple of the more intimate and spontaneous nude experiences I will always keep to myself, not because they were more debauched or sexual in nature (they weren't), but because they hold a deep bonding meaning to me that taught me acceptance for who I am and for the meaning of true love among brothers for life.

Last edited:

I belonged (and still do) to a fraternity. In my fraternity you are a member for life. My fraternity is international, meaning that is has chapters in the U.S. and Canada. Fraternities in Canada are not as popular as they are in the U.S., but they do exist. My chapter is in Canada, not the U.S. It was a wondeful experience for me. It taught me many valuable lessons, provided a sense of family and it was a great male bonding experience. I'm grateful that I had the opportunity to be a member.

A couple of myths I would like to dispell:

1. There is no homosexual behaviour.

2. You don't "buy your friends". I had friends outside of my fraternity as well as friends inside my fraternity. Many of my friends were not involved in Greek life, but I met them through fraternity and sorority members. I didn't like every guy in my chapter as there are many different personality types in a chapter just like in every day social circles. Also, the money that you pay into the fraternity when you are a member benefits you for the rest of your life. If I compared how much I paid as an active member to how much I have received since graduating, I come out ahead.

3. Fraternities are for the rich. Not true! I was the epitome of a starving student as were most of my fraternity brothers. We had part-time jobs throughout school and received student loans (that had to be paid back with interest) just like everyone else.

4. Fraternity guys are a bunch of irresponsible partiers. Again, not true. Sure we liked to party just like everyone else, but no more than non-Greeks did. Also, we were involved in many philanthropic activities. How many non-Greek students can claim the same thing while they were studying full-time and holding down part-time jobs?