Freak Show

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by mephistopheles, Oct 26, 2006.

1. mephistopheles

Gold Member

Albums:
    I dont watch very much Television, but once I heard David Cross had a new Television show I had to make an exception.

Freakshow is a new show he does, with brendan small i believe, and it is hilarious!

Has anyone else seen this? Who else out there like David Cross?

2. Ummagumma

Ummagumma New Member

Big animation fan here... I often joke that I have 3 parents, my third being 'The Simpsons' which I watched religiously every day for about a decade (I don't watch it every day now but I still have the first 8 seasons on DVD). Beyond that, I've watched pretty much every new 'adult oriented' cartoon that's premiered in the last fifteen years.

And David Cross... a very funny, yet very underrated performer IMO. Best part of Arrested Development. And, Mr. Show? Comedy perfection! "The Altered State Of Drugachusettes"! On top of that, he's certainly one of my favorite stand up acts out there today. His anti Dane Cook, anti Blue Collar Comedy Tour rants present some of the best arguments out there that those men are in fact Satan's earthly spawn, sent here to drain the world of it's ability to perceive true humor :biggrin1:. To anyone curious, the dual disc 'Shut Up you Fucking Baby' is a great pickup for any fans of stand-up, provided you don't mind a little Bush-bashing. And by a little, I mean a lot.

Wait... was the topic here? Oh yeah, Freak Show. I love it, but then again, the reasons stated above pretty much decided that for me before I even heard of the show. I'm honestly not at all surprised he got into animation though, his Happy Time Harry character is one of my favorites from Aqua Teen Hunger Force, and he's done voice work on at least a few other shows as well.

However, I've heard that the show hasn't pulled very good ratings, and the fact that it got moved to Thursday (no longer having that cushy South Park lead-in) does not bode well for it in my opinion. But who knows?

3. Nitrofiend

Nitrofiend New Member

I'm sold if he hates Dane Cook.

Draft saved Draft deleted