freaks

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Someone needs to say it : that guy's dick must be REALLY small.
Who would even care?

I think that when bodybuilding is taken to that extreme, it's evidently become some form of mental disorder.
It is. It is called "Body Dysmorphic Disorder." That's an umbrella term for several disorders in which the person has a pathologically unrealistic concept of what their body looks like. It is the same whether it's a young woman who weighs 65 pounds looking in the mirror thinking she's fat, or a guy with 65 inch biceps thinking he's still scrawny. These guys should get a clue when the biceps measurement is bigger than the waist.

Toned bodies look good to me; steroid monkeys look hideous. When a guy gets so muscled-up that his elbows point outward and his thighs make him waddle, it's grotesque. When the steroids create enormous vascularization where it doesn't belong, it's grotesque. Giant bulging veins just do not belong across the thighs, shoulders, and abdomen.

IntoxicatingToxin

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
It is. It is called "Body Dysmorphic Disorder." That's an umbrella term for several disorders in which the person has a pathologically unrealistic concept of what their body looks like. It is the same whether it's a young woman who weighs 65 pounds looking in the mirror thinking she's fat, or a guy with 65 inch biceps thinking he's still scrawny. These guys should get a clue when the biceps measurement is bigger than the waist.

Toned bodies look good to me; steroid monkeys look hideous. When a guy gets so muscled-up that his elbows point outward and his thighs make him waddle, it's grotesque. When the steroids create enormous vascularization where it doesn't belong, it's grotesque. Giant bulging veins just do not belong across the thighs, shoulders, and abdomen.

I have seen a thing about BDD on Oprah... it's really quite interesting. One British woman compared herself to the Elephant man. She looked very average... not drop dead gorgeous, but definitely not ugly. Pretty red hair, nice skin, etc. She sat on stage with her head down and wouldn't look up. It made me so sad. Oprah had made a comment about how she thought that Michael Jackson suffered from BDD, which is entirely likely.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
You know, Meg, most everyone has just the slightest hint of BDD, but for most of us, it's not obsessive. When looking in the mirror, most people tend to see something a little different than what everyone else sees, a little like if you record yourself having a conversation with someone - that person's voice sounds fine, yours does not. And when I mentioned bulimia, anorexia, and body building as common manifestations of BDD, I forgot to mention "serial plastic surgery."

It's the obsessive behavior in some people that makes it so dangerous. It becomes a vicious cycle. They indulge in their obsessions, and their bodies change drastically, but when they look in the mirror, they don't see those changes.

Male Bonding etc

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
DC and Meg, I hadn't watched Oprah and didn't know the term, but thank you for once again illuminating the conversation!

"Body Dysmorphic Disorder" or BDD! I have learned something new, and I am glad to now have a term for what I have been talking about.

dezz

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
I can't read russian, but these are from Pravda newspaper.
Sorry, but here is something different than photoshop.
implants maybe

The first guy you posted is Greg Valentino, he used to inject himself too much steroids...
Steroid Freak - YourDailyMedia.com

The second freak is Peter Hiesinger, just like the first one.

hungmark

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
True. I believe this guy used to inject synthol in his muscles to make them look bigger.

Indeed he did - his name is Greg Valentino (as someone alread mentioned). I saw a documentary about him where he used to inject steroids directly into his biceps to promote growth. However, one of his biceps literally exploded - you can see the massive scar in a couple of the pics.

Truly one of the grosest tv shows I have ever watched.

Clearly some people will go to any lengths to achieve what they believe to be the perfect body.

Perriwinkle52

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I agree the appearance is grotesque. I don't think YAHWEH / JEHOVAH, the Creator intended any of us to look like that or we would all look like that...

'Perri'