Freddy vs Jason

awellhungboi: [quote author=sammygirly link=board=99;num=1060816533;start=0#19 date=08/25/03 at 16:15:51]I saw it, I saw it......mwahahahah![/quote]

And . . . ?

What'd you think?

Give us your review!

sammygirly: ...and....it's EXACTLY what you expect. They give you EXACTLY what you're looking for.

I'm not giving away anything - so stop trying Monstro! I will send the pirates after you!

Yargh! Watch thee movie young'un and see fer yerself!

aj2181: I've got to agree with gigantikok. The whole thing seems kinda lame. How many of these movies are they going to make? Jason in space?? I'd pay to see Jason vs Barney the dinosaur. Or Freddy vs the Teletubies.

jdoe86

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
ok...so when is Jason going to take on Michael from Halloween? What about Jason taking on Alien? Preditor? Pinhead? They need to come up with something original...Don't get me wrong, I LOVE horror movies, it is just I need something new.

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
[quote author=sammygirly link=board=99;num=1060816533;start=20#21 date=08/25/03 at 16:26:17]...and....it's EXACTLY what you expect.  They give you EXACTLY what you're looking for.

I'm not giving away anything - so stop trying Monstro!  I will send the pirates after you!

Yargh!  Watch thee movie young'un and see fer yerself!
[/quote]
Fair enough, Sammy. I personally never like to be told what a movie is like. I still strain to get to see it

Longhornjok: I mentioned this in the JEEPERS CREEPERS 2 thread, but I just want to recommend CABIN FEVER to all you horror fans. I saw a screening of it last weekend and it's awesome! Yes, better than JC2. ;-)

www.cabinfevermovie.com

awellhungboi: Better than Night Whispers even?

I saw a trailer for Cabin Fever on the DVD of House of 1000 Corpses. It did look pretty good.

Longhornjok: Well, considering the DVD in question, I think almost anything would look good by comparison, right Monstro? ;)

awellhungboi: Yeah, you're right, Geo.  1000 Corpses really was a ripoff of Chainsaw, and also of Wes Craven's classic The Hills Have Eyes.  I liked 1000 Corpses, just for its sheer schlockiness.  Still, it did try to be like those great old '70's drive-in movies, and I liked it for that--even though it didn't come close (at probably ten times the budget) to the scariness and creativity of all those movies it was trying to pay homage to.

gigantikok: Saw Freddy V.S Jason tonight at the dollar theatre.  Wow, talk about lameo.  I saw the remake of Texas Chainsaw Massacre earlier today, and this movie made that one appear to be Academy Award winning material!!  Ugh.  Bad acting, every horror movie cliche imaginable, and overall predictablility.  Who else saw the end coming a mile away?  Anyway, whatever.

I heard House of a 1000 Corpses was absolutely, utter shit.  Rob Zombie just doesn't know how to direct.  Heard it is SO bad... it is bad.

Cabin Fever got pretty stellar reviews for a horror flick.  I haven't seen it yet, but I will the second I have a chance.

And Texas Chainsaw Massacre.  Ohh, TCM.  What to say about this movie?  It's so utterly horrifying and depressing, that I suppose it does its job.  No bad acting to get in the way, and fewer horror movie cliches than usual.  The recrafted script explains Leatherface's past, which is neat.  Ultimately, the whole thing is dark, dreery, and stylized.  It does its job, whether you like it or not.  Not the best horror movie, or horror movie remake by far, and no way does it come close to topping the original, but if you are in the mood for a good scare then go.  If you like horror movies a lot, you'll like this one.

And that's my movie rant.

-Gigbert

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well, you get what you pay for gigantikok. With remakes like TCSM, you just know it pales in comparison to the original. I remember seeing the PSYCHO remake, and I thought to myself, "This is what I blew $7 on??" :(

Hitchcock must be spinning in his grave over that turkey! :D

gigantikok: Well, with Pyscho they took the term "remake" to a whole different level. Even TCM had new elements added to the script and played and experimented a bit with the structure of the old movie. It works out fine, in my opinion. Pyscho took the original script and made virutally NO changes to it (with the exception of Norman whacking away to a nude lady and few other miniscule details). They even went as far as to try and COPY Hitchcock's direction. They even used most of the old camera angles from the original!! There was no point in seeing the remake when you could rent the original and get much more bang for your buck.

I think if you go see TCM at matinee price, it is worth it. Doesn't quite deserve the $7-$10 fee, but if you go during a matinee and you REALLY like horror movies then you'll like this one.

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
Freddy vs Jason?

I don't think a Fred Rogers/Jason Sehorn matchup would be very competitive.

Unless they have finger puppet fights in the land of make believe. Of course it would have to end with the winner apologizing.

Pecker

(HEADLINE: 20-Year Friendship Ends At Altar)

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well, I give you, the PSYCHO remake was accurate in using the original script and camera angles, but the casting could've been tweaked mayhap a tad. :-/

Now as to recent turkeys in the past couple of years, the one that still gets me was Tim Burton remaking PLANET OF THE APES. :p I'm telling you; that ugly bastard was probably in Charleton Heston's rifle sights after that abomination. It went nowhere near the original script at all, AND ended all fucked up.

gigantikok: Well, Burton claimed it was a "reimagining" not a "remake".

*coughbullshitcough* :D

ish789: if any of u saw it i hated the ending not gonna spoil it for ppl who still havent. just an opinion any1 feel the same?

I wanna see Leatherface Jason Micheal Meyers and Freddy all in one movie would be great.

gigantikok: [quote author=ish789 link=board=99;num=1060816533;start=20#38 date=10/30/03 at 13:38:18
I wanna see Leatherface Jason Micheal Meyers and Freddy all in one movie would be great.[/quote]

How in the hell would that make any sense at all? You know the script for Freddy V.s Jason was in the making for 10 years because of all of its inconsistencies and plot holes. Freddy and Jason were hard enough to get into one movie (that ended up sucking anyway), why waste time with all four. That would be an abomination.