Free Pass/Fresh Slate

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I would like to conduct an experiment... I would like for everyone to make three lists...

1) List five people here who you have a natural affinity for and have made a difference because you met them here. List at least of the characteristics about them that drew them to you.

2) List five people here who you may not know well, but would like to know more about and get to know better . List the characteristics that draw you to want to know more.

3) List five people who may be vastly different from you or for whom in the past you may have had even negative interactions but for whom you may admire traits and potentially have something in common. List their similarities to you and why you might want to learn more about them.

This exercise may require you to suspend some of your preconceived notions, things you have heard, or even online altercations you may have had with someone to see them in a new light. It may take a bit of courage and ability to think outside the box to start again. But who wouldnt like a clean slate?

Okay...

1) List five people here who you have a natural affinity for and have made a difference because you met them here. List at least of the characteristics about them that drew them to you.

Spladle...I miss him. He is the gayest straight man ever. I liked him for his pink Care Bear avatar. (I never knew that he was into participating in mixed martial arts and women.) That really said a lot. I thought that he was really a humorous guy.

Tripod...I think that he is the coolest guy. He knows a lot more about recording and performing than I. He was always very courteous and generous with compliments. And he will debate his views on subjects with people. I like that. He is my e-bro.

BiGuy2738...he is my bi e-bro. I like him because he is wonderfully kindred spirit. And we can talk about anything and almost everything.

Mr. Snakey...he is my other e-bro. I like him because he selfless with the comments and compliments. And he knows a lot about computers. He can also play piano, too.

Zoe73...She is my e-sis. I love her for her inner resolve and her humility. She floats no matter what happens to her. She is so funny and sassy.

Mercurialbliss...she is my honorary fan club president of my songs. :biggrin1: Like Zoe73, she has a wonderful sense of humor. We both like Rusty Joiner. :wink:

sweetass (aka dulcebum)... I like her because she laughs at some of the Arabic things I write via Google Translate. I don't know any Arabic whatsoever. And she is soo interesting and has some support when I am down.

2) List five people here who you may not know well, but would like to know more about and get to know better . List the characteristics that draw you to want to know more.

"Native" NudeYorker...I am interested in his interesting life. He is a writer and am drawn to reading some of his books one day. I think that he is cool that he was in a lot of commercials and movies in his life.

Jeff Black...I am drawn to his butt and uncut penis. :tongue: Oh, he has a wicked sense of humor.

Wolfsheim Deutschland...I like knowing that Matt Damon has a long-lost brother.:biggrin1:

Rawbone...I want his Bulgogi and Chap Chae recipe.

3) List five people who may be vastly different from you or for whom in the past you may have had even negative interactions but for whom you may admire traits and potentially have something in common. List their similarities to you and why you might want to learn more about them.

(I will answer this one later.)

joyboytoy79

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
1) Five LPSG friends :

MaskedRiderTTU- He's beautiful, and I knew it before i ever saw him. Heck, I wouldn't have married him if he wasn't beautiful!

Senior Rubirosa- The man knows how to make me laugh. He's much smarter than me, and I often don't "get" his jokes. They're funny anyway. I like a guy that can make me think.

Mercurial Bliss- THE most caring person I've ever met. Dependable, honest, funny as hell, and just generally HOT.

BlackCock85- I haven't kept in touch with him much lately, since we're both pretty busy. He is, however, artsy, smart, sexy, and confident. All good qualities to have when you live far enough away to not make the hubby jealous!

Steve26 - Again, haven't been doing a good job of keeping up... but: One of the first people I talked to here. He's nothing if he isn't supportive. Easy to talk to. Fun. All around a great guy!

2) Newer friends or people who intrigue you:

Lex- Very smart. He and I hit it off well, and then fell out of contact. My fault! I need to know more about him.

Jeff Black- Oh, how i thought he hated me when i first joined! Since then we've chatted a few times, flirted a bit, chatted more, flirted more. We seem to rotate in and out of each others orbits. He's a really good guy, with a really big heart. He's friends with a lot of my close friends, so that's encouraging.

Alex8- Yum.

Gl3nn- Funny! I like funny! Also a fellow megalomaniac. We stick together!

NoviceBtm- We're twins!

3) People who may surprise you:

HazelGod- I don't think I understood him until recently. Now I find him to be quite insightful, orignial, firm-footed. It's a complete about-face from what I thought of him before.

HickBoy- I still can't figure him out. He's a riddle. Riddle's are challenging. I like to be challenged. I like riddles.

Yeah, so, I can't think of any more people for slots in group 3.

NOTE: I could fill group 3 for days. Members I can think of off the top of my head who would go there: TatoodMamaMeg, ThadJock, ManlyBanisters, chicagosam, pecker, njqt, mindseye, matthew, ocmusclejock, prepstud, kochanski. There are more, many many more. As I said, I could list them for days. If you didn't make it on the real list, don't fret. Those who did are (mostly) people i've known rather loosely for some time now... going on 2 years for many of them.

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Okay...

(I will answer this one later.)

CuriousNStr8...I think that we have had negative interactions in the Politics thread in the Obama and McCain debates. Honestly...before all of the political static...and before he knew me as one of those "libs"...we were really great internet buddies. It was similar in tone a friendly internet relationship like my e-bro biguy2763's . We used to talk about Nicole Kidman and women with long tongues. (Gay men are fascinated by these things. :biggrin1:).

I admire his espirit de coeur. He has a really fun sense of humor about things and is very intelligent (aside from the political skew.:wink::smile: Kidding.)

Manthango...I think that we have had a negative interaction. Sometimes, men are MEN. And I think that he took me the wrong way when we had conversed online. He maybe didn't like my personality especially when I was talking about Martha Stewart. And he was talking about hard sex practices of some sort. (But not what you are thinking...we weren't discussing whether Martha Stewart loved gang bangs or what not. Maybe she does. You never know. Some "good things" aren't so for the sake of primetime. Hehehe. :wink:)

But anyway, based on that conversation we had: I think that he had the impression that in real life I was some "lavender lucille" or something. In real life, I am far from it. I just like some of Martha Stewart's ideas. I can get pretty manly. Sometimes men flatline on discussions of Martha. Understandable.

Steve319...I miss that guy. We had a negative interaction. I don't hate him. He is really intelligent. We used to talk alot and we used to go out once in a Sunday afternoon to hang out. But we didn't get along too well for some reason. I didn't really feel that I was able to understand why he was the way he was and it was making me feel weirded out. He has a certain way.

He is a straight guy. I wasn't trying to get into his pants either. I was only trying to show him some of the things I was working on in my life hobby-wise and career-wise. I don't know what the problem was. But I just resolved to leave the guy alone. I am happy. Again, I don't hate him. We were just different.

Jeff Black...we have had one probable negative interaction last year. But we talked about that. It was misunderstanding of sorts. I like his sense of humor. I like his sense of eroticism. We used to write once in a while...but understandably now has a social life, a BF, and 15K posts on LPSG...:biggrin1: and has outgrown being bothered with the old invisi"dude". I am not sore about the situation.:rolleyes: As long as, he uploads the butt and dick pics--I am happy. :biggrin1: (A note to Jeffie Pop--in reference to his comment about me in his post in this thread...the issue was never about "belonging". If it were an issue of belonging to something or to someone...I would be the most artificial person in life. I am not agreeable on a lot of things. But even though I am not agreeable on a lot. There is always something about a person or persons I can agree upon. Even when I disagree on something, I give my reasons and my logic behind the disagreement.)

Mademoiselle Rouge (BedHeadRed...or something similar)...we always disagreed on politics. I don't hate her at all. I admire her passion and enthusiasm. I loved her nice red hair and how she could make her hubby's magic wand disappear...based on the pix and vids in her gallery. She is very intelligent.

Lex...we have had a few negative interactions on this site and on another site. :rolleyes: I don't hate him at all. We just disagreed that is all. I admire his espirit de coeur. And he has it all...or maybe it is one of those grass is greener situations.

Madame Zora...we have disagreed on this site and on the other. :rolleyes: I just want her to know that I don't hate her either. I admire that she is a fashion designer of sorts creating those fabulous pieces of clothing that SHE actually wears out (Matthew and I talked about that over coffee when we met each other recently.:eek::smile:) . I envy that. I wished that I could've taken home economics and sewing in high school. I would've made some great clothes for myself as well. And I wouldn't be such a T-shirt and jeans guy today. :frown1:

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
OK I'll give this a bump because I think it's a great thread, but would it be too much to ask..." If you have not taken the time to actually contribute to the thread why bother bumping it?"

D_Miranda_Wrights

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
This is a great thread. People are far too guarded. I think it is disheartening that we live in a culture where positivity is viewed as creepy.

Unfortunately I don't know anyone here well enough to contribute (yet) but I just wanted to say that.